Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. How long is Nick Kurtz going to be in the minors?
  2. We have a very difficult schedule to start the year. A strong showing v. the Nats would be awesome.
  3. Seriously? That would be incredibly kind of you Jim. My 9 year old would be over the moon. I'd be more than happy to arrange and cover the cost of shipping and such.
  4. I'm happy to hear Kirk and Gimenez are at least trying to do something different. Rebounds from these 2 players offensively would be massive for this organization.
  5. I think there are still lots of players who use Axe bats. I remember seeing someone the other day to be honest. I think Springer still uses one. I will say though at the youth level - nobody uses it anymore. They were popular about 5-6 years ago, but no kids use them now. You also need to remember that even if you put more mass in the sweet spot, you can't exceed the max barrel diameter. So instead of the barrel to the end being the max diameter, now it's just the sweet spot that is that big. Torpedoing the end just takes weight out of the end of the bat. People who like an end loaded bat will hate these things, but I suspect they feel "light", with more of a balanced swing profile.
  6. Davis Schneider has one. Apparently not helping him so far.
  7. Well you might be OK with that, given the attendance to date. We went down for Springer replica jerseys a few years ago. Showed up 2 hours early and were literally the first people to NOT get a jersey. My son was furious, but luckily an old couple in the concession lines gave one to him. They were XL's, so it should fit him in another 8-12 years. Can't wait.
  8. I think both are great options Jim. I'd probably go 133 (too bad dome isn't open as you get a good view of the CN Tower from there). My youngest wanted to go to this game to get a Vlad bobblehead. I was off sick all last week and can't pull it off. Nor do I want to go wait in line 3 hours for a bobblehead.
  9. Apparently his struggles date back into the end of last year? I thought I read he was like 2 for his last 32 with like 25 K's or something silly. Probably just a coincidence.
  10. It's just those 2? They certainly made it seem like several on the team were. Judge is not, which I thought was the exception. Caleb Joseph said Ketal Marte used a torpedo bat on the D-Backs back in 2019. He said they aren't new.
  11. any reports on how competitive these walks have been?
  12. Add Lynn and Robertson right now. Stop f*cking around...
  13. Indeed. If another starter goes down, I want Bloss going as our next starter. Not Yarbrough. You don't always need a long man in the pen if you have guys with options.
  14. I'm...not sure? LOL
  15. Those new bats are interesting....
  16. That's a near perfect bounce back from the Jays today...
  17. Devers is 0-7, with 6 K's since being told he's now a full-time DH. I wonder at what point you get concerned. Not yet, but that's a tough start... Edit: 0-8 with 7 K's
  18. Sorry to hear that brother. Condolences. I can't imagine how difficult that is.
  19. Oh I can't support that. Rodriguez is better now (perhaps not a lot) and has significantly upside moving forward.
  20. This seems like a marketing disaster for the Jays - although after last night, I doubt there are many fans even interested in watching the game today. I'm glad they boo'd them in the 9th - what a joke.
  21. Interesting - I would have thought otherwise in Texas. My parents are in a park called Maple Leaf in Florida - it was created by Canadians years ago, but is home to both US and CAN people these days. They have a record number of homes for sale right now with almost zero interest from anyone to buy.
  22. Just a little update - I send my youngest back to school in the 4th inning. f*** the Jays for ruining my day.
  23. Just burn down the dome and delete this site please. It's over.
×
×
  • Create New...