Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. It would be great to see a little more pitching depth in AAA, given how many of our prospects have arrived at AAA and completely sh*t the bed. I wonder how optimistic the org is that some of our guys in AAA can rebound and/or contribute.
  2. Completely agree - although the only thing we don't know is if that was with, or without deferred money. If it was somehow the equivalent of $450M after deferrals, then that's much closer to a realistic ask. That said - I suspect they're talking $585M without deferrals - and that's a ludicrous number. In the end, Vlad has really no reason to come down from some astronomical number right now. He can ask for the moon and if the Jays say no, he can just go test free agency.
  3. Wagner likely won't start v. LHP, so you can always rotate some guys though then (Santander, Vlad, Bo, Springer, etc.). The Jays will probably need a couple of the young kids to step up and earn roles in the starting lineup. Orelvis and Wagner are probably our 2 best bets.
  4. Talkin’ Baseball (@talkinbaseball_) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 35K likes, 80 comments - talkinbaseball_ on February 22, 2025: "There are better ways to spend your birthday lol (via... Not sure if anyone saw or posted this today. Bassitt was the ball boy for losing their fantasy league. He went 4-10 (football I'd assume?) and had to wear a custom jersey accordingly.
  5. This is dumb gruber - even for you.
  6. Yes. I support this. Although I am surprised Turner got $6M. I suspect JDM may still cost $8M. I'd still love to see if he's got 1 more good season in him. We have fallback options if he doesn't.
  7. Lots of solid talent still available. Those who signed early did well to get what they did. The market has collapsed. It's too bad we weren't able to unload Bassitt earlier, he could have been replaced for 1/4 of what he's making.
  8. That's not how the ignore list works. If you ignore them, you just can't see what they post...
  9. Analytical nerds run baseball and have for years now. The best teams have the best nerds. I completely support the notion that the "plan" was to let Berrios work through the lineup a certain number of times before going to the pen. I have to assume a manager has the ability to modify the plan as required, based on results/feel/etc. Obviously if the starter shits the bed, he comes out early. If he's dominating, they can let him go further. I suspect every single playoff game that's played uses a similar strategy. The challenging point is determining if he's actually dominating, or if he's just performing "normally" and/or getting lucky and whether or not you could deviate from the plan. Schneider decided not to deviate from the plan. We gave up just 2 runs that game, so it's hard to firmly support a notion that it was the "wrong" call - but I understand why fans were upset.
  10. Thanks for posting. I liked this quote: Although the 34-year-old said there were “a lot of teams calling for me” once he hit the open market, “the Blue Jays were my first priority. I had a good feeling I will be back here when I got traded. I like it here. I had a good meeting when I left with Ross (Atkins). I like how they treat people, your family and the players. It's a little bit different than other teams.”
  11. Justin Turner to the Cubs for 1 year $6M
  12. Wow - that stupid rule has been in place for a LONG time. Long overdue.
  13. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

  14. Pirates give Voggy a job as a special assistant to the hitting department...
  15. I generally support all GM's though. I think fans unfairly rip on them far too much given the amount of information they have available to them. If nothing else, I'm consistent.
  16. This is pretty hilarious. I also had no idea they were testing the ball/strike challenge system this spring training - because I'm also preoccupied writing 15 paragraph replies defending Atkins. Guilty. LOL
  17. Interesting. I also lied, he was nominated twice (2020 and 2021) but never won. GG awards are unfortunately a joke. I wish they'd restore the validity of them.
  18. There are lots of examples of players who aren't good defensively, who have won a GG. Rafael Paleiro is the most obvious example. He won a GG in 1999 while playing 28 games at 1st base and 128 games at DH. LGJ won a GG in LF recently. It certainly happens. Vlad isn't good defensively, even though I do agree that there are glimpses of brilliance at times.
  19. I'm not sure that's true. If that article didn't exist, we would have had the same conversation in one of the other Vlad related threads (Baerga - Vladdy Signing an Extension, Wait Will Soon Be Over, etc.). Now if moving our conversations to the 'articles' helps the board, then OK - I can get on board with that. But to date, there have been like 70 articles posted and like 48 of them have less than 5 replies. Personally (and I mean this with no disrespect to the writers), most of them seem written towards casuals. I assume that's by design and likely a requirement if you're going to be pumping out several articles a day (across many different platforms, for many different teams). That said, a few have caught my attention and at times, they have created new conversation. I had no idea how many articles would be published. It's WAYYY more than I thought, but that's probably just my ignorance. If this is what's best for the website, than carry on.
  20. Yeah - I'd support this. I know he's trying to grow the site, but there's A LOT of articles.
  21. Bingo. Schneider may have also hesitated because of the respect he has for Springer, but there's little to no evidence that if they approached Springer and spoke to him about moving out of the leadoff spot, that he'd refuse or create any drama.
  22. So the answer is no, Springer didn't refuse to be taken out of the leadoff spot. Not surprised, the guy is a class act.
  23. Bo's OBP was .277 last year, Springer's was .303, Gimenez was .298. If you only consider last years' results, then all 3 options suck. We don't really have an obvious choice, so considering several candidates seems appropriate. Steamer OBP projections Gimenez .318 Springer .319 Bo .324 The .371 mark Gimenez posted 2 years ago is also well above anything Bo's ever done and Springer only surpassed that mark once in his career (2019). I don't see why you'd rule him out as an option in Day 1 of spring training...
×
×
  • Create New...