Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,072
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I'm cheering for the GM/front office that has to work within those difficult limitations. The modern day Billy Beane. It hurts me a bit that Beane will likely never win a championship.
  2. Which series will go 3 games?
  3. They also have just 4 WS wins in the last 107 years :) I gotta root for someone! It's them or TB I guess. I've always had soft spot for TB and their ability to win without $$$. Plus my parents live in Port Charlotte in the winter, which is the spring training home of Tampa.
  4. Agree. That's one of the worst seasons I can remember. Primarily based on expectations that were never met of course. I hope that doesn't hurt the momentum they've created in the org over the last 3-5 years.
  5. My issue is I really don't care for any other AL team. I guess the White Sox are a nice story, but I'm not cheering for the Astros or Guardians. Red Sox or TB to represent the AL in the World Series I guess.
  6. I understand why Jays fans believe it's a sin to cheer for the Red Sox - but I don't hate them. Tolle is a great personality for baseball. I'll be rooting for them to beat the Yankees at least.
  7. If we think it's necessary to push Barger, Lukes and Clement to the bench, and sign another top of the rotation starter and a top notch lefty for the pen - then I have some news for you guys.
  8. You mean he won't get paid for what he's done already? That's odd.
  9. One for me. I used to be friends with Tinnish. Played ball against him and I used to be able to text him and ask questions about the Jays. Unfortunately, we've grown apart and I can't do that anymore.
  10. It's a shame Bobby Witt Jr has regressed with the bat. If he was a 150+ wRC+ hitter, he could be looking at 3 straight 10+ WAR seasons. He's obviously still a superstar, but he had the chance to be one of the best ever. I mean he still does, but he's been unable to repeat 2024. ISO is way down.
  11. If Smith and Clement become utility bench players, we're in a fantastic position. I'm actually find if those 2 platoon at 2nd, while providing depth at SS, 3rd and LF - but only if we add impact bats elsewhere.
  12. Tinnish? I'm just guessing. Does the Internet know this information?
  13. Toronto Blue Jays (@bluejays) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 31K likes, 152 comments - bluejays on September 27, 2026: "The cutest water dump yet 🥹🤍 #BlueJays50". This is the only acceptable water dump I will support.
  14. Given he has little to no track record of sustained success with the bat in the minors - it's highly likely that what we saw was a hot streak. He's probably just a good backup. Nothing wrong with that.
  15. He is. We should probably discuss the Moreno/Varsho trade for the 8463rd time!
  16. Rob Friedman (@pitchingninja) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 25K likes, 172 comments - pitchingninja on September 27, 2026: "A final salute to (and from) Laz Diaz. 🫡 #baseball #mlb... Didnt know yesterday was Laz Diaz's last game too...
  17. I don't understand the confusion here. It's a meaningless game and it avoids potential boos.
  18. It feels like he'll give it a go again next year - announce it will be his last and then reap all the accolades and gifts throughout the season... Although maybe that's not his style (I think there's a good chance it's not)...he deserves it if he wants that though.
  19. Gotta wonder if this is it for Max. He deserves the same type of send-off as Verlander.
  20. No chance.
  21. Because they have the money to buy anyone they need to fill other holes?
  22. Cubs, Brewers, TB, Red Sox for me
  23. I think most people have. Verlander is living the dream man. Monster HOF career in the mound. One of the last starting pitcher warriors who gave you 200+ innings and shoved during the playoffs. And he lands Kate Upton, who was essentially the hottest woman on the planet when they start dating. He woos her at a baseball game. He's literally living every baseball guys dream life. Kudos to the legend! I'm actually a bit sad. I thought the Tigers would be great this year and Verlander could get one more shot at the title, while giving them #4/#5 innings. This was a close as we could get to a Billy Chapel day. I'll take it.
×
×
  • Create New...