Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Oh for sure. Everyone shits on him because he's fat but at least he's young and he's also pretty damn good.
  2. And some of those guys may not be on the team (see Vernon Wells) and players signed in 2019 can also be signed to backloaded contracts. There is a reason almost every contract signed is backloaded; it's the smart thing to do.
  3. Who on the market is a clear improvement though? Lester (who the Jays are in on apparently) but who else? A lot of the guys out there aren't much better than what we have. Also, it's clear why he's focused on position players. He's trying to get replacement level players like Navarro and Goins out of the lineup.
  4. Yeah I think that really helps mitigate the concerns about his conditioning A LOT. For heavier players he probably will start his decline years earlier than most but a 5 year deal isn't going to be paying for too many of those decline seasons, if any. I think there are probably better ways to spend the money but there are also plenty of ways to spend that money worse.
  5. Well AA isn't going to offer anything more than a 5 year deal which would lock him up from his Age 28-32 seasons. I know he's fat but it's not like he's also old.
  6. Interesting the Howarth would say that. He seems pretty credible right? The problem is if we trade him we will have to do something to replace those 215+ innings you can pencil him in for.
  7. Interesting. I wonder what Beane's angle is.
  8. I don't have time but if the season ended today this is what the starting defense would look like? C: Martin 1B: EE 2B: Travis 3B: Lawrie SS: Reyes LF: Pillar/Dirks CF: Pompey RF: Bautista
  9. I wouldn't mind bringing in Chase Headley.
  10. Here's a picture of him after getting hit in the face with a pitch. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlmdJqWCEAAcpls.jpg
  11. Yeah either that or the Jays have 9 guys in the Top 100? lol I think you are right.
  12. I heard he had some sort of injury to begin the season. Not sure if that has anything to do with the numbers but what I read was that the timeframes of the injury healing and his uptick in production were similar. That could all be a bunch of BS but I did read it somewhere.
  13. This is a good point although Dombrowski seems to have a different motive this offseason in which he appears hellbent on winning in 2015.
  14. That is true that we don't have any depth at CF next season but on the flipside we can now start a non-turd at 2B. Starting 2B > AAA CF Depth And I know if it were up to you you wouldn't be starting a turd (Kawasaki, Goins, etc.) at 2B, but for now the move is an improvement. I also bet that the organization feels that Pompey has passed Gose, thus making Gose even more expendable so getting a guy who can start at 2B is a nice move in their eyes. And I don't disagree with the FO, I do like the move. But it's not very inspiring. Talent wise it's damn near a wash we just traded someone who was somewhat expandable for a similarly talented player at a position of need.
  15. I thought it was just a "core" injury and that he started jogging 2.5 weeks after surgery.
  16. David Ortiz could never get paid like this.
  17. I believe BTS is factoring in pitch framing which I'm pretty sure the the WAR on Fangraphs doesn't include.
  18. What kind of commitment are you talking about? I just don't think he does much for us as a middling to poor fielder with a pretty mediocre bat and baserunning. Pompey in CF and Pillar/Gose in LF might be a better option.
  19. Agreed. A Gose/Pillar would be better IMO.
  20. Was this tweet referencing the Jays as being interested in Markakis posted yet?
  21. No biggie pal. Now I that I know you really hate him I won't push your buttons. I actually don't mind him when viewed through the prism that is Jays-centered journos/bloggers/etc. but that's because it's a pretty low standard. Cheers.
  22. You're cranky today.
×
×
  • Create New...