Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I agree. Why do they care so much?
  2. Yeah probably but 2 months of Headley vs. a controllable Francisco makes it closer. EDIT: Then you've got the prospects on top of it, whoever those prospects may have been.
  3. Hmm I'm not sure about that one. Given Headley's play you can't even be certain that he's much of an improvement over Francisco who we have under control. I'd probably pass as well.
  4. Despite playing lights out they are still 4.5 games out of the 2nd WC and need to jump 5 teams in the process. They have played themselves back in to it but they still have a long ways to go.
  5. While we are at it it wouldn't be a bad idea to kick the tires on De La Rosa or Anderson too. Perhaps even Hawkins.
  6. If he doesn't cost much he'd be a nice pickup. Good defensive player, hits lefties, and will have 4 years left of control after this year, meaning he could serve as the platoon partner with Rasmus for the remainder of this season and then platoon with Gose next season.
  7. Haha well it's a nice building although nothing spectacular. But it's right next door to Coors Field so a lot of the lesser paid players live in the nice apartment buildings near the field. The well paid stars all buy houses in a ritzy area called Cherry Creek. I've gone out for drinks with Ryan Wheeler before but since he was sent back to Colorado Springs I haven't talked to him in a while. I have heard of several of them living in my building or in others that are really close but I have probably walked right past some of them. Barnes is easily identifiable bc of the tats.
  8. Yeah that's a good suggestion I hadn't thought of. He's probably barely better than Bautista in CF but that dude crushes left handed pitching.
  9. Yeah as far as cheaper options go he would be a decent guy to target. He lives in my building I'll mention it to him if you want.
  10. Good way to put it. He's hitting like crap though so I understand if people are put off by him.
  11. Denorfia has more pronounced splits so for a team struggling against lefties he may have more appeal than Reimold. Also, Denorfia can play CF (albeit not that well) and Reimold can't. If Reimold is on the team then you are looking at Bautista getting time in CF.
  12. How can anyone say yes/no on extending a player? Shouldn't the dollar amount play a factor? Escobar, he who is fap material for the Rays fanboys of the board, is a guy who gets most of his value from defense and not so much his bat (much like Lawrie) yet everyone gushes over the extensions he has signed over the years. AA has done very well in his extensions if I recall correctly so I wouldn't be opposed to extending Lawrie if the price is right.
  13. I was with you until you said "Hutch and a couple of prospects."
  14. That's not a bad idea as it would be a good way to limit Hutch's innings. Other than 2011 he's never even come close to approaching 150 IP.
  15. Yeah true but the problem is who platoons for Rasmus? Reimold doesn't really help with that.
  16. Yeah he's a name that I thought of too. Reed Johnson or Justin Ruggiano could be had for very little too. Jeff Baker could be a bat to platoon with Lind but I wonder if the Jays would just rather use Reimold to do that. As for SP, Jorge De la Rosa could be had for little and I think he'd be an upgrade over Happ. The Rockies also have Drew Stubbs who would probably cost more than we want. One minor issue is what to do with the IF. If we brought in a platoon CF and then keep Reimold to platoon with Lind that only leaves one spot to platoon with Tolleson in the IF, Kawa or Francisco. Kawa is playing better but he has options and Francisco doesn't.
  17. A SP better than Happ (or maybe replace Hutchinson?), platoon partners for Rasmus and Lind, and a bullpen arm could all come cheap and would help improve the team.
  18. Hilarious how everyone blasts calling him up, he throws two good innings, and now everyone is singing his praises. He looked good but it was two innings! That shouldn't be changing anyone's mind.
  19. These relievers do not look happy when being taken out tonight.
  20. I'd be interested in this as well. Well, Tolleson as a UT guy who can hit lefties and Francisco as a 1B/3B/DH who can hit righties look like two decent bench players who could contribute the next couple of years or so.
  21. Kratz is fine and if it were up to me I'd keep him up on the team but I also don't think sending him to AAA warrants the outrage that so many on this board seem to feel.
  22. I'll add that he hits lefties well too.
×
×
  • Create New...