Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Yeah he could replace Beurhle in both innings pitched and salary.
  2. Yeah and that can happen with any stat really. Look at OBP, for example. When this whole Moneyball craze started everyone used that one stat to point at guys like Adam Dunn and wonder if he's a Hall of Famer. Statistic analysis should always be looked at through the scope of market inefficiencies to really take full advantage of sabremetrics.
  3. That in itself isn't a bad argument. But using Dominicans as evidence for that is just stupid. Comparing Bill Belichek to Domincan players is a laughable comparison. I could make just as dumb of a comparison by comparing Andrew Friedman to Frank Gore, who is mentally handicapped and can't even read.
  4. Cowherd is an idiot and is making a false equivalency argument on multiple levels. He's always hated baseball and he'll use any s***** argument he can to trash the game. Education and intelligence are two different things. Further to that, a traditional K-12 education doesn't translate to a baseball education. According to Cowherd's argument, it seems like someone with a Ph.D. would play sports at a more intelligent level than someone with merely a college degree? I'm not buying that. You could argue that these Dominican players who do nothing but play baseball since a very young age are MORE educated about the game of baseball than a U.S. player who focuses on school and then practices a couple hours a day during baseball season.
  5. Goins bat + serviceable LF defense = the worst LF in baseball
  6. And for what it's worth, fangraphs ranks the odds to win the division as follows: 1. Yankees 2. Jays 3. Orioles 4. Rays http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx
  7. I can't stand Morosi. I think he's probably the worst baseball writer out there - his twitter account is particularly bad.
  8. Trading EE for a good pitcher is going to be difficult. He's not a spring chicken so any team rebuilding is out. That leaves contenders and who wants to lose big league assets when in contention, especially pitching? It could happen as you do see contenders sometimes make deals together to tweak their rosters a bit but it's not very common. And frankly do the Jays want to lose big league assets? With AA needing some big league results I don't see him trading big league talent.
  9. They've beaten Scherzer, Tanaka, Kluber and plenty of others I don't have the time to find and mention.
  10. Yeah I agree with you. Doubront was worth 2.3 WAR in 2013 and is only 27 so he should have something left in the tank. He's pitching well in AAA and his projections aren't that bad (they are better than Sanchez' for the ROS). Sanchez wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire, even over those recent starts people seem to be gushing over, and with the injury it might make sense to back off on his innings anyway.
  11. He's on pace for 130 games caught...
  12. Barry Davis has the scoop: Redmond and Rasmussen called up and Dickey off bereavement. With an off day on Thursday they won't need a 5th starter this time through the rotation.
  13. Could Randy Wolf or Felix Doubront be one of the call-ups?
  14. 3.4 WAR and he made 17 million. I mean that's not great value but I don't think he's the albatross that everyone makes him out to be.
  15. Is Reyes really THAT bad? He was 5th in SS WAR last year.
  16. Yeah it all depends on how much he wants. But if he's cheap you could put him in a late inning role along with Cecil, Loup and Osuna. Drop the rest of the bunch down in the pecking order and then option Tepera.
  17. Ha! I wish I was important. But yeah I think you're right, it's probably more spitballing than anything concrete.
  18. Lol I swear I looked elsewhere first but I couldn't really find anything since Blair only made a vague reference on his Twitter and actually spilled the goods on air.
  19. http://andrewstoeten.com/2015/06/04/blair-jays-anxious-to-talk-to-rafael-sorianos-new-agent/
  20. You're right. It's the easiest "big change" to make.
  21. I've watched plenty of games, almost all of them. And that doesn't mean anything anyway, neither you nor I are trained scouts so forgive me if I don't trust the things you say based upon the games you have been watching. Back up what you say with numbers and I'd change my mind. Although given that we don't agree on the theories surrounding run differential and one-run games it's not likely we are going to agree on this. Cheers.
  22. Lol they were so cynical they started cheering for another team. And I wasn't even that hard on anyone. We have 5 less wins than our Pythagorean record and 4 wins less than our BaseRuns. So yeah, our luck is s*** right now. Only the A's have greater differences between their actual wins and their Pythagorean and Baseruns. You can blame it on "poor execution" or a "poorly constructed" team but that's not really saying anything. That's just spitballing Joe Morgan style. And I'm not saying this team is amazing or anything, it certainly has its holes, but overall they have played well so far they just don't have anything to show for it.
  23. What are you talking about, I barely post anymore and haven't commented on the FO in a long long time. And I don't know that it's all luck, but from the studies I have seen a lot of it is luck. Take the 2003 Tigers, for example. They might be the worst team in baseball but their record in one run games was above .500. Are you telling me that the 2003 Tigers didn't play "terrible baseball" and had good "execution"?
×
×
  • Create New...