Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Ah man you'd seriously hope that the Rays would spoil a playoff bid for the Jays so some teams like the Orioles could get in?
  2. His wet blanket shtick had a great run but it's now regressing to the mean. He could have left the board when he officially became a fan of the Rays or Dodgers or whoever. He would have died a hero, but now he's done this wet blanket thing for so long he's lived long enough to see himself become the Dogg.
  3. I think you meant "Poster" not "people" but I lol'd nonetheless.
  4. Are you just bored of this forum now? Is that what happened?
  5. Fangraphs says we have a 16.7% chance of winning the AL East. 40% chance of making the Wild Card. So we can win the division but we need some help from the Yankees.
  6. Unregressed splits But I'm not sure I agree with a platoon either because I'm guessing Gibby is thinking of Valencia as the platoon partner. His bat probably doesn't make up the difference between his and Revere's glove.
  7. He doesn't really get ripped off does he? The Dickey trade is a bad ripoff, perhaps Cordero-Napoli too? I think most people just hate his philosophy of building a team by trading away prospects for high priced veterans.
  8. Oh s*** you are right lol. I wonder how much? Very nice deal.
  9. Rosenthal confirming that it's only Tirado and Cordero. Great deal AA.
  10. Fangraphs didn't have Cordero ranked in our top 35. Tirado was 17. This seems like a good deal right? #17 and #35 for 2-2.5 WAR Outfielder?
  11. Who gets a start if someone gets hurt? Randy Wolf?
  12. Doubront traded to the A's for cash.
  13. Haha what? Is it bad? Exactly how bad? Not enough games there to rely on defensive metrics. Does the bat make up for it? To what degree? That's what I mean when I say I don't know enough about it.
  14. Depends on his OF defense which I don't really know enough about.
  15. I'm a little bit nervous about this one too. 2 more years of control after this means the Phillies didn't have to give him up for nothing. I wouldn't be shocked to see a better prospect than we expect being included in this one.
  16. Yeah but check out his velocity. Back up to 95 like it was when he was actually productive. Not 92 like when he was bad. That's an indication that he's healthier than he has been, right?
  17. This was a great post and I was well on my way to clicking the "Thanks" button until I got to that analogy.
  18. None after this season.
  19. He's probably close to a half win improvement ROS over the replacement level LF we currently use. He's good for 2+ WAR and has two more years of control (for his Age 28 and 29 seasons) after this too. Despite all of his faults he wouldn't be a bad pickup depending on the price.
  20. Don't be like that.
  21. Would be nice if the Phillies would take him in a deal for Revere.
  22. Yeah it definitely allowed for a sigh of relief when he wasn't included. But also from a PR point of view how many fans even know who Anthony Alford is? Less than 5%?
  23. Oh for sure. As I said it's ill-advised. But without knowing anything about future payroll (and after the Tulo trade you can't tell me payroll projections are down right now) or what an extension for Price would even look like I don't think it's fair to call it franchise crippling.
  24. Franchise crippling though? Is Max Scherzer going to bring the Nats to their knees? I doubt it. I agree with you that contracts like that are ill-advised though.
  25. Why wouldn't you want an extension? Hilarious that you would call one "franchise crippling" without knowing the numbers or what our future payroll looks like.
×
×
  • Create New...