Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. meh - it's not fair for you to tell me what I will remember him for Wok. I will remember him as a great hitter. A powerful, patient hitter who in 2010 was must watch TV as this guy comes out of nowhere to hit 54 hrs. In 2011, he was the best hitter in baseball. Then of course I'll never for the flip. After that - I'll remember him as someone who complained about everything and came off as a hot head/jackass who was generally not disliked by the vast majority of baseball (fans & players). I'll also remember his vastly declining defense (especially after hurting his once lethal arm) and the reported stubbornness to move to another position. Finally I'll remember his ludicrous monetary demands and stupid comments about "home discounts". All in all - never one of my favourite players in spite of his success. Here's to hoping there's a final chapter to my memory of one Jose Bautista.
  2. Does anyone know if there's been an increase in FB% (from hitters) over the past 2-3 years? It seems more hitters realise they do more damage by getting the ball in the air. On the flip side, teams love pitchers with high GB% and we all know slight uppercut swings are ideal for combating sinkers. This is pure speculation on my part, but I'm curious if anyone knows the stats on it.
  3. misplaying a ball in the outfield? If so, then I'd say fitting. As much as I respect what he's done at the plate, the insistence on keeping him in the OF has been comical....right down to the f'ing commercial this year of him pitching from RF.
  4. Buck and Tabby just make s*** up way too much. State the facts and mix in a few stories and when in doubt - shut up.
  5. I think there was just a typo in the original 31st ranking.. There's a bullet and note on the page that explains it. It's not Shulman related.
  6. Shocking. I'm baffled as to why we don't have a thread dedicated to the stupid things the experts & broadcasters say on a daily basis.
  7. He always looked like Tom Gordon anyway...
  8. Blair probably agrees (because he's an idiot).
  9. There's no evidence to suggest inning limits aren't working...
  10. Really? I was hoping to see LeBlanc and Pompey or that reliever in AA who's dominating (mentioned yesterday).
  11. um...I don't think they are moving him to the bullpen because they think we need help there...
  12. It's true we can't COMPLETELY discredit the RBI's - but we almost can and should. EE's a streaky hitter and it looks like he's about to get white hot for a few weeks - which he needs to get his offensive numbers back up into the elite department. That said, his contact numbers continue to suggest he's declining. In the end, I think it's too early to judge.
  13. It's ridiculous we can't find a decent LOOGY.
  14. Does this guy mimic his game after Jeff Francis????
  15. Jake Wilson of NEW LOWELL Ontario was drafted in the 39th round by the Red Sox. That's hamlet of like 500 people just south of Wasaga Beach where I currently play ball. It's not everyday that some kid out of Angus High School gets drafted to The Show. http://www.canadianbaseballnetwork.com/canadianbaseballnetwork/2016-draft-list//of-jake-wilson-39th-round-1168th-overall-boston-red-sox http://www.overthemonster.com/2016/6/11/11910236/2016-mlb-draft-results-red-sox-picks-rounds-31-to-40 I love this write up: "Another high school center fielder, Wilson is committed to Salt Lake Community College, which means he’d be draft-eligible again next year. He’s also unranked and without any scouting reports from either Baseball America or MLB, so make of that what you will."
  16. why are people engaging with BBBB??? shakes head.
  17. I'm definitely interested. My 5 year old would LOVE to go to another game. Message me with a price!
  18. How many with which arm though? I've always wondered if he's gotten to the point where one arm is unavailable - but the other is still fresh....
  19. Just pitch to contact more and eat innings mmmkay?
  20. http://www.12up.com/posts/3299673-rumor-cubs-could-be-interested-in-trade-for-another-slugger Has that been posted yet?
  21. you pick a number between 1 and 10...c'mon vdub!
  22. Oh man - I love me some Vodka-Tonic.
  23. My issue is they make s*** up all the time. Just stick to the facts.
  24. Sorry - I'd rather stab myself in the eye.
×
×
  • Create New...