Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I could see us morphing into a team built around pitching and defense instead of offense in a hurry...that's kind of what Cleveland is right now To play devils advocate - while I think Reddick and B.Moss would be very solid additions and I generally agree that with some shrewd moves, we do not need to rebuild at all - you have to remember there's a very strong possibility those "good fits" don't want to play or sign here.
  2. Didn't Baltimore give up a pick to sign Gallardo this year?
  3. I have no idea why you think there's only a 1% chance a team offers him a 2 year $20M deal. I do doubt teams want to or will give up a comp pick for him, but the first statement is simply bizarre.
  4. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3803/jose-bautista Interesting.
  5. Exactly Dick. Would I love to have Hutchison in AAA next year? of course I would - but not if that means we're stuck starting Zeke and Pompey in the OF next year because we spent $12M on Dickey so we could push Hutch to AAA. Playoff teams do need more than 5 major league calibre starters - but they also need major league calibre players in LF, RF and DH. We may not have the option of leaving a ML calibre starter in AAA.
  6. I completely get that we need starting pitching depth, which is why I've consistently suggested we'd need to replenish our SP depth if Dickey left. Is that an easy task? Absolutely not, but given all the offensively players we're likely to lose in free agency this year, I doubt we'll have the luxury of holding Hutch back in AAA another year. He'll be 26 next year and should be in the majors fulltime. I'd rather upgrade the ML roster and look for stopgap 6th/7th/8th starters next year until SRF, Greene & Harris are ready to fill those roles. BTW - Harris is a guy we seem to overlook a lot. He could be up in AA by the end of this season (having a great rebound year at A ball) and will be 23 next year. Fingers crossed.
  7. Dave Stewart is still a major league GM. There is rampant stupidity throughout ML baseball. Until that changes - my dream shall live!!! In all seriousness though - if Dickey has a big second half (which he typically does), the dream becomes a lot more plausible....those numbers over the past year are hard to argue with.
  8. I think you have to ask yourself if leaving Hutch in AAA for another season is a proper use of assets. Unfortunately, the Jays don't really have any in-house replacements for the 6th and 7th starter roles unless SRF or Greene really move; however, I still think our best asset management would be to let Hutch replace Dickey, find some veteran AAA arms and use the $10-12M to help replace Bats, EE, Saunders (as we don't really have any in-house replacements for them unless Pompey gets his head out of the clouds). Christ the lack of a farm system is going to bite us in the ass next year...
  9. That's if the market for him is $8-10M....if it's actually $12-14M, then there might be a cost/benefit case to be made. $2-3M overpay vs. possibility of a comp pick.
  10. I think I fall into this camp. Provided our 4 other starters head into the offseason healthy, I think you let Hutch replace Dickey, use the $ elsewhere, while making it a priority to stock up on 6th, 7th and 8th starters.....as if we lose Dickey, we're going to be thin in terms of starter depth.
  11. Yes - I'm aware. All 4 are top 25 in positional player WAR in all of baseball this year. It's embarrassing they didn't make it. All 4 should have been in over Saunders, Beltran and Edwin
  12. They won't top that AAV, but some team might give him 2 years $25M with an option or something. Just a thought that the risk of paying him an extra $4-5M (a number we're all guessing at) might be worth the chance you land a comp pick.
  13. It's not a bad idea if he'd take $8-10M a year. What about this approach... Qualify him. If he declines and signs elsewhere, you net the pick and move on with life. If he accepts, you pay him more than he's worth (although you've assumed his value is $8-10M...the higher it is, the less the overpay is) - but it's only on a 1 year deal and you wanted him back anyway. Worth the risk? I know we all doubt he'd decline a QO, but when you look at his #'s over the past calendar year, the weak FA market and at all the stupid GM's in baseball - it might be worth the risk.
  14. It's ridiculous that Longo (3.3), Eaton (3.2), Springer (2.9) and Kipnis (2.9) and Kinsler (2.9) don't make the allstar game while Jay F'ing Bruce (0.0) does.
  15. He's hit well for 2 months over the past 2.5 years. Don't call it a comeback...(LL Cool J in head)
  16. Adding Carlos Beltran to DH would be a much better option.
  17. wRC+ of 78 and 91 in 2014 and 2015. Downgraded defense at 1st for EE.............I'm not so sure this is an improvement.
  18. Stay strong for him man, keep up the fight and good luck.
  19. It's awesome. Those little signs are so good. I get emotional seeing a son standing there with his dad with a sign that says "I stand up for - my dad". This is what baseball is all about.
×
×
  • Create New...