Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. He's suggesting that if he were so s***** at one component of baseball that he would consider killing himself. I'm suggesting he was s***** at several components of baseball by 1983 (and was one of the worst defensive players in baseball for several years). I wonder if he considered killing himself then...I wonder if he even considered retirement. Did he consider killing himself after being charged with 2 counts of tax evasion, or after spending time in jail? How about after he went broke due to his gambling addiction? I think it's a bit much for Pete Rose to go throwing stones at a quality major league ball player (or anyone for that matter). He's a well above average hitter coming off a 3.5 WAR season. What's the threshold for strikeouts where one wouldn't consider killing themselves? Is it 184? If Pete Rose was Mike Trout - would he consider killing himself then? I'm too young to remember, but why did the Phillies continue to play him full time? Were they so s***** that it didn't matter and they wanted him to break the hits record? I always suspected that Rose was self centered and was chasing the record himself, but I could be wrong.
  2. How does anyone hit .245/.316/.286 with 0 HRs and -1.9 WAR, with absolutely no defensive value and still have the audacity to continue his career at age 43 just so he can chase a counting stat record? And who the f*** would give him 555 PA's when he's that s*****?
  3. I mean...he could be in the 1st percentile with 2 strikes and the 5th percentile with less than 2 strikes - and that averages out at the 3rd percentile overall
  4. FIFY. He's in the 3rd percentile for chase rate.
  5. I was just making a joke...
  6. C'mon man, you can't stereotype all douchebags as sexual assailants. There are all kinds of different douchebags in this world.
  7. and the Bucs took Gruden off their Ring of Honor.
  8. It's a shame this isn't a 7 game series.
  9. That was one hell of a game. Brewers really need Yelich to be an MVP player...need more offense.
  10. The momentum is shifting...what a game.
  11. KK is a f***ing god...are you kidding me?
  12. How the f*** did SF win 107 games with that lineup???
  13. What about trading Lourdes, Kirk and Groshans for Jose Ramirez. Sign Conforto - 1 yr $14M Sign Marte - 3 yr $54M Biggio plays 2nd base
  14. trying to work! now off to the arena for a couple of practices.
  15. I think that's a rosie outlook. 2.2 WAR this year while staying relatively healthy. There's also a ton of risk that his bat drops below 120 wRC+, that he is injury prone and his defense continues to decline in his age 36 and 37 seasons. It might be a 50/50 chance he gives you 4 WAR total over the next 2 years.
  16. I don't know man. That would save them over $30M and JD's contract is an albatross at $25M per year
  17. I mean....they traded Archer and Longo at the most opportune time and Snell isn't a star. He's a guy who had 1 good year. We traded Stro in a similar fashion.
  18. I saw some others complaining about this too (probably Goose and Eck). I mean, it was an incredible and risky move by Randy and it worked out....but he didn't walk home - everything worked out perfectly for him (and credit to him for getting to where he needed to be and timing it perfectly with the double toe tap the pitcher does). But if he's thrown out at home with runners on 2nd and 3rd - that's a pretty bad move. If Devers holds him on and Lowe shoots one through SS (where Devers was) to score two runs, then people would be like "why the f*** are you holding him on and giving up defensive positioning just to prevent him from stealing home, which is super risky and a low percentage play anyway"? The risk only became worth the reward once Lowe got 2 strikes against him. I don't think that's a situation where you harp on the 'analytics ruining baseball'.
  19. Ray's going to get more than 3 years after winning the AL Cy Young. My guess would be 5 years also - which adds significant risk.
  20. If you moved Lordes for Ramirez and sign Conforto to replace him - that would be sweet. You have to expect Conforto wants a pillow deal, but landing him for 2-3 years through his age 29-31 seasons would probably be very successful.
  21. It's really too bad Pittsburgh can't replicate what TB does. They can't afford a big payroll, but that city has a rich baseball history, and INCREDIBLE stadium and supportive fans (I think). If they could do what TB does, they might be one of the most likeable franchises in baseball.
  22. I have to think Toronto is one of the most appealing destinations for offensive players. This team is on the rise, ready to win and both the lineup and stadium are conducive to success. I do think we have an upper leg with Semien as he's clearly comfortable here. Time will tell though as things like location may be prioritized over $, winning, teammates & environment.
  23. Mr. October is back. HR and he steals home? f***ing insane!
  24. Sorry - aging superstars making a ton of money don't win baseball games. Unless you're the Dodgers and you have all of them on one team, plus a s*** ton of great young talent.
×
×
  • Create New...