Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. These 2 will be 3rd basemen by the time they hit the majors.
  2. Who are we saying is the best hitter of all time? Ted Williams? Are we saying it's Mike Trout, who's career wRC+ is 172 - just 1 point below Bonds. Or are we going back to the 1920's to the Ironhorse and Ruth?
  3. Luis Roberts is really good. 60 games played, 3.1 WAR 160 wRC+
  4. I'm not sure this is true. Don't score/shot with less than 24 seconds left if the game is out of reach is the same as don't bunt or steal late if you're up big. There are all kinds of showboating, trash talking and unsportsmanlike s*** that happens in basketball. Then there are the ****s who move their feet under the shooter to try and injure them. Again - if you're message doesn't make them reconsider or change their actions - that's a pretty s***** message. I have to think reputations would actually impact a players decision more than any petty retaliation ever would. There will always be players who don't give a s*** and stay in the league because they get under players skin, but for the most part, nobody wants to be remembered as a ****.
  5. If the goal is to use violence to show the opponent that you won't stand for their unsportsmanlike behavior - then shouldn't the violence be substantial enough that the person/team would actually think twice about doing it again? Players have thrown at each other for decades - is there any evidence that it changed players actions? Did bat flips decrease because showing off like that resulted in getting hit with a baseball? Do you think KK thought for one second that he better not grab and take that paper because the consequences outweigh the rewards? Do you think the Astros (or other cheating teams) thought that maybe they shouldn't cheat because they'll wear one in the ribs? This has been baseballs way to 'police the league' for 100 years and, IMO, it's really ineffective....but just keep on doing it because it's tradition right? That makes sense The only time I see it being effective is when a players actions result in one of their teammates getting hit. Nobody wants to pay the price because some ******* on your team bunted or stole a base in the 8th inning when you're winning by 10 runs. Would a teammate be OK wearing one if that piece of paper had real information that would help the Rays beat the Jays in the WC game? I suspect they would - especially when the unwritten rule is to just plunk him in the middle of the back where it doesn't do any real damage. Having to wear a 97 MPH off the head might actually change your though process....but then again, I don't think throwing baseballs at people is the right thing to do in the first place.
  6. It doesn't allow fighting. Fighting is a penalty. Do you also consider boarding and hitting from behind to be 'allowed'? Fighting is just allowed in the sense you don't get kicked out of the game (at the NHL level). But what's your point? Are you going to suggest a player shouldn't punch someone in the face because baseball doesn't allow it? Turns out they don't allow you to purposely bean someone either. Football is also a high contact sport and they don't need to "allow" fighting so players can 'police the game themselves' - in fact there's very little if any retaliation after unsportsmanlike celebrations (their version of a bat flip), chop blocks, helmet to helmet hits, low hits (or even just massive hits) on the QB. I just think throwing a baseball at someone is a pussy move. I've done it several times over the years and after the adrenaline wears off, I always reflect and think - f*** what a pussy move that was. It didn't change or solve anything.
  7. Do you think this action would prevent KK or any other Tampa player (or anyone else in the league) from doing it again? Does the threat of being hit with a baseball in a spot that won't cause damage even make them think twice? If not - what's the f***ing point?
  8. Actually I did. Remind me again what the Patriots did when Bernard Pollard took Brady out in Week 1? There is unsportsmanlike s*** in football all the time and there's very little, if any 'on field policing' of it. What on field policing do you see in basketball? There's very little if any retribution for a hard foul or an unsportsmanlike play. You don't see players throwing the basketball at peoples face. There are some situations where something happens (usually a big old pushing and yelling match - which solves nothing), but you don't see anywhere near the retaliation or on field policing in basketball or football that you see in hockey and baseball.
  9. IHOP is great - I also love those syrups.
  10. Ohtani/Trout/Rendon is up there too (when healthy) - but yes. Soto/Vlad is Ruth/Gehrig level s***.
  11. If you think you need to send a message to KK, start McGuire and when KK walks up to the plate, stand up and drive him in the face. Message sent. Most act tough and will look like they want to fight while being held back by players/coaches - but the reality is most are pussies and don't actually want to send a message in a fair and equal manner. They'd much prefer to just throw a baseball at someone and then hide behind their teammates. It's pretty sad that's been the acceptable practice for more than 100 years. It will probably take a major injury or death to change it unfortunately. Could you imagine a hockey player just riffling a puck onto the opponents bench to 'send a message'? The reality is violence is almost never needed. What do they do in football to 'send a message'? jack s***. That s*** isn't needed in sports.
  12. Personally I can't stand pitchers throwing at batters. Such a pussy move. If you believe violence is required to get your point across, then walk up to him and punch him in the face.
  13. I wish the media would present it like that instead of giving him what he wants. I'd much prefer if they called him out as a douchebag for making a spectacle out of a nice tradition. I really hate that the world has turned into this ********. I must have seen 5 headlines this morning sensationalizing this nonsense that was clearly staged.
  14. This was 100% planned by an attention seeking whore. What a douche.
  15. ah the ole prostate tickler...
  16. Little Jomboy breakdown here. Quality lip reading. Best comment - 'hell, even Bauer got a few hits this season'
  17. Tis the world we live in. Everyone is allowed to have and share an opinion, even if it's f***ing insane. I wish more would realize they don't need to have an opinion. It's OK to think "you know what, I don't have any f***ing idea what I'm talking about - perhaps I'll just accept was the professionals say". But no - Mount Stupid is just rammed these days.
  18. He does have a sports hernia...
  19. Nothing better than a big time Monday Night fantasy comeback. Aaron Jones is helping a few lucky owner achieve that tonight.
  20. I hear you. I only commute about 20 minutes to work and now that I'm adjusted to working from home - I'm not interested in wasting 40 minutes a day driving to and from work.
  21. It doesn't help when Kim and Frasier are hitting like Ryan Goins either.
  22. I don't think that's interesting or fascinating at all. Shouldn't this strategy be the norm across baseball? It seems like common sense.
×
×
  • Create New...