Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Thru the Order AVG | OPS 1st Time .188 | .609 2nd Time .179 | .550 3rd Time .302 | .936
  2. Choosing not to throw at KK has nothing to do with being PC. History has proven it doesn't actually police the game and common sense suggests it's a massive pussy move. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  3. No discussion on the Ryder Cup here? Man it was incredible to watch. I love it.
  4. It took MLB 30 years after Chapman's death to finally implement the use of batting helmets.
  5. Yes I think I read they made an exemption for pro sports athletes.
  6. Holy assumptions. Borucki's been awful this year. -0.3 WAR, strikeouts down, way too man walks. This move is completely justified without considering the suspension. Does Barnes suck? Yes - if you want a second lefty in the pen, I'd suggest Saucedo or Snead are ahead of Borucki. You've seemingly generated a negative opinion about the FO based off of some bizarre correlation that Borucki was sent down as a punishment for hitting KK - one that is based off absolutely no evidence. That my friend is what's wrong with society.
  7. Man - I f***ing love this team. Springer is the f***ing man Semien is so professional Vlad is the prodigy Bo is just the f***ing man. The flair. He does it all Teo has that great smile and just keeps getting better Gurriel, Kirk, Manoah, Romano, Berrios, Ray...f***ing awesome. Let's do this boys.
  8. Julian Merryweather is the guy you're going to Chuckes? Go f*** yourself you ****.
  9. Would anyone else bring Romano in right now?
  10. Gibby was incredible. Show yourself out.
  11. FFS - so much stupid.
  12. I just tuned in, but has this umpire been this bad all night?
  13. As Hurl said - do you expect teams to just ignore this information? I'm not saying we 'need' it. I'm saying that is what's going to happen if you ban the cheat sheets. Next you'll ban signals from the bench to give an advance to those who can memorize data better than others? I just don't see it happening. As pointed out, a 15 second pitch clock probably helps curve a lot of this and keeps the game moving - which we all agree would be awesome.
  14. You're going to mandate against teams having bench coaches who send in signals to a catcher? It has to come from the Manager? All because you want more offense in baseball? I think there are much better ways to tackle this 'issue'.
  15. Do you say that because you think Chuckles is a moron? Obviously if they implemented new rules and pitch calls had to come from the bench - they would hire someone who's sole responsibility would be to 'call games' - just like you see in football with defensive and offensive coordinators. These guys would have an iPad in their hands with even more information available to them. I fully suspect it optimize pitching even more. If your primary purpose for eliminating this is to increase the amount of contact at the plate and offense across baseball, then I suspect there are better ways to go about that (as I fully expect if you remove cheat sheets, you'll see pitching coordinators on the bench calling games - which would be counter productive to increasing offense).
  16. I think you're overstating this. We accept the time it takes for a coach to send a signal to a 3rd base coach, who then sends a signal to a batter after every pitch (with runners on base)...but the catcher can't check his cheat sheet during that time? We also give the batter time to step out, adjust his s***, collect himself and think about the patterns this pitcher has (which he just studied off an iPad before coming to the plate), but the pitcher/catcher shouldn't be given the same opportunity? We have a pitch clock in place - whatever you do in that time should be up to you.
  17. They are? HR celebrations and bat flips are skyrocketing. It certainly appears that Pitchers policing the game doesn't actually work.
  18. I mean - they do...but it happens before the game (when facing the SP) and in the dugout before they face a RP. They are looking at Ipads to review release points and that pitchers tendencies early in the count and when they are ahead/behind. For a batter - they only have to remember a few things at once. For the catchers, they would have to remember every batter and the differences for each different pitcher they use. It's too much. The alternative is a coach calls the game from the dugout - simply relaying the pitch call. You do see that. That would be somewhat similar to what we see in the NFL.
  19. The counter to this is that NFL QB's have a binder on their wrist and both the QB and the defensive captain have headsets so the team can call in a play. I've never heard anyone complain about that. Personally, I enjoy the back and forth strategies implemented within the game (in most/all sports). It's easy to say "well develop pitchers who can get both lefties and righties out" and "well develop better defensive players" - but why don't we say "well develop more advanced hitter who can exploit defenses and eliminate tendencies that allow shifts to be effective?" Teams/Players using advanced technologies to gain an edge is definitely here to stay. Ipads are on the bench of all major sports now to provide instant feedback on what the other team is trying to do. Golfers now have books with slope %'s and such. I watched a video this morning of Brycen explaining how he uses slope, distance and speed to calculate where to aim. That said - I'd rather it not effect the pace of the game...but we already have to wait for the 3rd base coach to give some signs after every pitch. If a catcher uses that time to reference his arm band - then I don't have an issue with that. The pitchers going to their hat and changing the signs regularly is annoying - but that happens because teams have staff who are assigned to watch video and steal signs so their players can then steal signs while on 2nd base. Again - I doubt you're going to stop that....maybe we should throw more baseballs at players. Police the game yourself and send a message. I'm sure that will work
  20. The Cubs and Rays did some variation of this a few years back....but the RP just stayed in the game while a new RP came in...then they went back to pitching after a batter or two. Similar, just without using a positional player to pitch.
  21. Do you mean they'd play their best defender (say their shortstop) on the left side v. RHB and then move him over to the right side v. LHB? And move their best defensive OF between LF and RF depending on the batter? Man - that would really slow down the game, but I get it and am surprised nobody has ever done that. If it's the bottom of the 9th in a tie game and the winning run is at 3rd with 1 out and a pull hitter comes up.....I definitely want to put my best 'arm' in LF and would like to switch the LF and RF if one has a significantly stronger arm than the other.
×
×
  • Create New...