Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I would think (hope?) the Cain contract is a cautionary tail of giving out too many years and $$$'s to a good, but not great hitter who lacks power and relies on speed a lot. Cain gave the Brewers one solid season before he fell off a cliff. Someone might give him 4 years, but I think TL is right that Marte might be someone who falls under the radar a bit.
  2. I think it depends on length and AAV (which, as I type it, is stupid to say because it always does). Heading into his Age 33 year, I think this Steamer projection is in line with what you would expect. 18 HR 85 R 73 RBI 32 SB 6.6% BB 18.5% K .276 AVG .339 OBP .437 SLG 110 wRC+ 2.9 BsR 11.0 OFF -1.2 DEF 3.1 WAR With that production, he'd be a great fit and would allow us to move Gurriel if we wanted. What do you think he'll get for a contract? 3 years $50M?
  3. I would guess you're overstating the FA and trade market...teams rarely give up their top prospects anymore. It's not 2009
  4. Those are some large assumptions. Apparently E-Rod is nearing a deal with the Tigers.
  5. OBJ to the Rams and now it looks like Aaron Jones is hurt. Awesome.
  6. This - his K% was dropping year after year until the labrum injury. Should teams be concerned about that injury?
  7. I think we can safety answer that ourselves. Suggesting the SPer only gets 1 warm up at the start of an inning is really dumb.
  8. sans Spider Tack and coming off TJ, I think fans need to temper there expectations of what Verlander can add. I mean the guys a f***ing legend and HOFer, but father time is undefeated.
  9. Agents for some of the highest-profile free agents this winter, in the meantime, inverted the posture: If you want a player, step up financially, because the February stampede is going to be so different, so unfamiliar, that it's worth paying more for certainty now than having to overpay or be left empty-handed on the eve of the season. What a shocking position for the agents to take.
  10. I don't disagree at all, but I suspect the concern is that Moreno and Kirk won't develop defensively if they are only catching once or twice a week. Is that still a thing? or is this an old school view?
  11. This is 100% spot on. I'm not sure how anyone with any logical comes up with any other conclusion.
  12. He's like a poor man's David Price...can't really spin the ball.
  13. No - just rumoured.
  14. Odell to the Packers??
  15. You realize Biggio was a bat to ball, spray hitter early in his minor league career. He was s*** with this approach and change his bat path to hit more flyballs and hit for more power. I'm not saying he can't have success if he changes his approach back, but the odds are probably against him. The reality is he should probably use his great eye to simply lay off high fastballs and add a bit more bulk to improve his EV. I'm not sure Bellinger's struggles are necessarily related to his swing path....high fastballs were a thing in 2019 too eh? The league didn't just catch up to the guy (I could be wrong, but that seems stupid). Also - you don't roll the wrists more to hit line drives.
  16. I mean Chapman + Montas/Manaea/Bassitt certainly seems like a great target fit for the Jays. Would there be concern that both would become FA's in 2023 (Manaea/Bassitt) and 2024 (Chapman/Montas) - right when Bo and Vlad start getting expensive? As always, the cost to acquire them plays a huge factor...
  17. I agree - if Biggio has more power than in theory, he's able to use his great eye to wait for, and punish mistakes. I think he has a good understanding of what pitches he can handle and do damage with - and being able to do more damage would really benefit his productivity.
  18. Andrew Heaney is going to the Dodgers on a 1 year deal. I think I read the Jays were interested.
  19. Where did you read Thor will get 4 x 25 or 5 x 20?
  20. Yeah I saw that - seems really odd.
  21. I caught most of the game after a VERY long day driving and coaching my kids. It ended up being a very difficult game to watch for fans of both teams!
  22. That was difficult to watch. So many little mistakes that I didn't expect from someone who was redshirted last year. I mean if he was drafted this year and thrown to the fire, I could accept some of that s***, but he was a mess getting the plays in, lining up the offense, etc. He did make some good throws - you can see the arm and athletic ability are there...he got things going in the 4th, but overall, that was a pretty weak debut v. a s***** defense.
  23. https://www.mlb.com/video/verducci-on-braves-ron-washington Interesting stuff on how the Braves made huge in-season changes to their defensive positioning (to shift a ton more) and how much it helped them. Yet we still had to listen to ignorant broadcasters talk about how shifts don't work in the playoffs because players are willing to sacrifice more and cut down their swings.
  24. Yeah those predictions don't surprise me. The predictions from the Rotoworld article seem way too light.
  25. Apparently we offered Matz a multi year deal extension, but he declined.
×
×
  • Create New...