Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Unfortunately I don't think Longoria has that in him. The bounce back this year has been great to see, but it's still just 1/2 a season worth of PA's and it seem unlikely he can sustain it. Too bad as he was one of my favourites as a kid. This discussion always makes me think of David Wright. 48.7 fWAR at age 30. He was on his way to finishing as one of the Top 10 best 3rd basemen of all time before the back injury.
  2. Longoria was another....
  3. Who's going to win the NL CY Young? If it were 2003, you'd think Julio Urias would be the favourite at 18-3, 2.99 ERA, but I have to think we're past that now and Corbin Burnes is a favourite even though he's 10-4, 2.25 ERA Max, Buehler and Wheeler will also get consideration. The Dodgers rotation is f***ing insane (even without Bauer).
  4. It's all based on the premise that he's healthy and is rounding back into quality starter he was in 2019/20. Dickerson in CF seems like a big experiment too doesn't it? He played 27 games in CF before this year...and they were all between 2013 and 2015. I guess at this point, we're hoping Grichuk gets hot again and is our starting CFer?
  5. Career 120 wRC+ hitter. I'm not sure he has the desire to drive to maintain his defense and abilities late into his career. I also hate him.
  6. This. 100% If Springer won't be returning to CF this year, Biggio might be a huge part of our outfield.
  7. I'm a little too young to remember - but what happened to Mattingly? Back injuries? Those first 4 years were incredible, then the power started to go, then he became Lyle Overbay.
  8. Jesus - he's having an incredible year.
  9. Bo is Toronto's nominee for the Roberto Clemente Award this year.
  10. Ryan Braun is retiring.
  11. According to the radio and your impeccable math. Yes.
  12. Apparently the Jays are 30-15 since they started using the home run jacket. The jacket stays! (for this year)
  13. Any chance Springer is playing CF again this year?
  14. Both are pure hitters like Edgar. Moreno is just expected to be much more athletic and should provide defensive value. Man - I loved watching Edgar hit as a kid.
  15. Cimber.....f***ing nails brother. Let's tack one on now.
  16. Not exactly. He shortened his arm action last year in Arizona and it failed miserably. He 'went back' to his normal arm action once joining the Jays.
  17. I must admit, if Robbie Ray and Semien were on another team, I would definitely suggest they are risky guys to sign long term. I probably wouldn't be on board with the Jays signing either to the 4-5 year deals we expect they will get. But - I've undoubtedly formed a connection to these guys as a fan. Semien might now be one of my favourite players in the game. He seems like a complete professional - hard working, great teammate, intense competitor and I honestly can't imagine either leaving the team after this year. Go sign these guys - they are both beauties.
  18. I was just thinking how crazy it is that Miggy just hit his 500th home run the other week. Miggy is/was incredible. A generational talent and one of the best hitters I've ever seen. Pujols hit his 679th home run tonight. It's almost hard to fathom that Pujols has 177 more home runs than Miggy...insane.
  19. Given how hot LGJ is - I'd be tempted to put him up there if you don't want to 'change' the rest of the meat of the order.
  20. This - definitely more concerned about him playing CF than about him leading off.
  21. It's kind of sad you have to spell this out.
  22. Give it a rest. He's doing something we've never seen anyone do before. Please, for the love of god, don't compare this to Joe Panik.
  23. I love stats...but even I can step back and just enjoy one of the most historical seasons in ML history. Ohtani is doing something we've never seen before FFS.
  24. Tork yes (104 wRC+), Greene no (132 wRC+)
×
×
  • Create New...