Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. s*** just got a lot more interesting. LA must feel like they've got a shot with Max and Buehler set to start 6 and 7.
  2. Lorenzen looks like a good target.
  3. I bet Dylan Bundy though the same thing when he signed a 1 year deal this year. Nobody's giving him 2/18 this offseason. It will depend on the player.
  4. don't lead them away from my point!
  5. There absolutely is a reason to offer Matz a QO - it's to collect the compensation if he doesn't accept. I think some of you are overstating that Matz will obviously bet on himself on a 1 year deal. Would Matz take 1 year $18M or 3 years $36M? Would he pass up on $18M? This is a guy who's had some injuries and really has only pitched well once in the past 5 years....and he's a pitcher - his arm could fall off tomorrow and he may never pitch again. I'm not convinced Matz would pass up $18M...I'm not convinced he'd pass up an extra $10M. The Jays will do their research and feel out the situation and then make a decision. Perhaps they could sign Jon Gray, Wood or DeSclafani (ERod is getting a multi year deal and I want nothing to do with Cobb or Miley) to a 1 year $12M deal...or maybe it takes $14M to sign them. Is that extra $4-6M worth it to receive a compensation pick if Matz does in fact sign elsewhere and/or to get a guy back you know is comfortable here - a guy you know better and someone who had success pitching in the AL East? Maybe it is. What if the market for Jon Gray, Wood and DeSclafani is all multi year deals - says 3 years $36M - would you rather have Matz back on a 1 yr $18M deal? I would - those 3 are risky as f***.
  6. Cora kind of pushed all his cards in last night. I think he felt that Houston's bullpen was taxed (which it was) and that Eovaldi would be able to shut Houston down long enough for their offense to score a run. If they win and go up 3-1, then they are in the driver seat whether Eovaldi can start again or not.
  7. Agreed. Pitcher gets several pitches called strikes that are off the plate outside (to righties) and then is livid when a horribly thrown curveball that backs up, missing spot by over a foot clips the top of the zone and he doesn't get the call. f*** off with that s***. Pitch better.
  8. That's probably good - we need another lottery pick if we're going to contend again anytime soon.
  9. they are super creepy.
  10. What the f*** is up with Dusty's black leather gloves?
  11. Boys - I know it's early, but we may be watching one of the greatest playoff series of all time. We might be looking at 3 games and 3 walk off hits. I hope this s*** goes 7!
  12. Holy s***! What a series. This has been unreal. I didn't think there was a hope in hell he'd touch a high heater.
  13. I understand the benefit of trading to acquire great players when the time is right on the win curve - but I really struggle with this type of thing. I want a sustainable winner in TO - not a team that has a couple of years 'go for it'. Emptying the farm system to add guys like Marquis and Ramirez seems like a 'go for it' move instead of a sustainable winner move. Teams that are in a position to win now are really enticing for free agents in general, but really enticing for those looking for short term pillow contracts. Especially on offense (who doesn't want to hit in our offensive lineup/stadium?), I think we can add really good players without trading prospects....all without crippling our financial situation. That's the route I'd prefer to go.
  14. It's kind of insane how poorly the Titans used him early in his career. Still has a ways to go to catch Barry - but the man is incredible to watch.
  15. Yeah that all makes sense. It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Will teams start buying s***** motels or condo's and fixing them up? I mean I guess they could rent them to others during the offseason to help offset costs. I just have to imagine that some of these Owners aren't thrilled at having to deal with this. A lot of industries face similar issues. Up where I live, there's absolutely nothing for rent right now and prices to buy anything have skyrocketed. This is creating a huge issue for the local ski hills and seasonal work industries. I think some have bitten the bullet and bought up housing for their staff while others let them fend for themselves.
  16. Just to clarify, it was MLB that announced they would provide housing for 'some' of the minor leaguers. I assume it's the Owners who agreed to this and are paying for it and not MLB correct? Seems a bit unlikely that all Owner agreed to the hassle of becoming landlords for all these players - but I guess we'll see. Apparently MLB expected the PA to request this in the upcoming CBA negotiations, and, although I can't imagine it was too high on the list, MLB decided to jump ahead of this and announce they would provide it ahead of those negotiations it can't be used as leverage.
  17. If Cleveland is moving Ramirez, I don't think they'll be a contender for the WC anytime soon. I suspect they will move him to the club that offers the best package.
  18. Or they could - you know - pay them more so they can simply afford their own housing.
  19. Unreal. 12 minutes into Game 2 and Game 3 and it's not worth watching.
  20. Dodgers just giving up on starting pitching?
  21. Why is Urias in this Game??? Jansen and Treinen are available. Holy f***! What a game! Riley is unreal
  22. And Vesia? Who the f*** is this guy? Price is cooked?
  23. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    We need to stop praising and glorifying NHL players who 'play hurt' like they are heros for doing it. Taking a f*** ton of pain pills and playing through it can't be the expectation.
  24. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    Unfortunately, this is all too common in NHL players. More needs to be done to educate and help.
×
×
  • Create New...