Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,083
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I literally said I don't know how much I believe what he's saying in my original post. You people don't read well eh?
  2. Reminder that his decline started last August. 75 wRC+ over his last 461 PA's (since August 2023) 89 wRC+ over his last 678 PA's (since June 2023) 103 wRC+ over his last 926 PA's (since April 2023)
  3. I don't disagree with any of this. I wouldn't trade him for 50 cents on the dollar and I've been saying for awhile now that he should be motivated to produce next year, heading into free agency. I'm also just joking that he's the new Vince Carter - although he consistently looks f***ing miserable in the dugout. I don't think I want him here long term and I'm still super doubtful we'll actually contend next year - so just milk as much value from him as you can and move on.
  4. I agree with this. They may already have concluded that the likelihood of Vlad playing 3rd full time and Horwitz playing 2nd full time is quite low - so it's time to get a look at Barger and Wagner... It's also hard to fathom a world we were roll out Vlad at 3rd, Bo at SS and Horwitz at 2nd base for an extended period. Giving up on defense like that is unlikely to have positive results...and good luck getting a SPer to sign here.
  5. Yes. Did you miss the part where I said I'm not sure I believe it and that I don't want him here on a mega deal? If you put on the tinfoil hat and squint - Bo looks just like Vince Carter in his last year in Toronto. Probably playing poorly on purpose to force his way out
  6. I think I disagree. I think it's still quite valuable, but as Laika said, the pitching is too good for most players to have success hitting for average.
  7. https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/3070942/bichette-ultimate-goal-is-winning-with-guerrero-blue-jays So apparently, Bo does want to stay in Toronto. He wants to play with Vlad, in Toronto and win as many championships as they can. I'm sure the flat earthers will tell us we shouldn't take this at face value at all. It's morse code for "trade me now you stupid f***s - I hate it here" FWIW - I don't know how much I believe this...and I'm not sure we want him here on some mega deal.
  8. f*** sakes - Love out 3-6 weeks. One thing I do hate about football is that if you're QB goes down, it can essentially sink your season. Hope that's not the case for the Pack. Sounds like Tannehill will be brought in. Blah.
  9. Great take Joe - keep'em coming.
  10. Wagner's statcast page is looking pretty sexy, but I'd agree, it's too early to say he's the real deal. How many at bats does it take until you'd believe in Wagner (or others)? Is it 400-500 PA's?
  11. Not that Im aware with. He's been contributing for a while now.
  12. Don't do this kinda s***. BatFlip is a quality contributor to the board. Don't be a dick.
  13. I agree. Rooker looks like a legit star. Incredible given how long it took for him to develop. Butler is a beast. Legit star in the making. They got Bleday for next to nothing and turned his career around and Jacob Wilson's bat looks incredible. Would be unreal to see Billy Beane get one more shot to win with zero budget.
  14. At what point are we confident that Horwitz and Will Wagner are legit with the bat? How many at bats?
  15. I know someone posted about Parker Meadows hitting the GS to beat SD...but I can't find it. Here's a cool clip as apparently the SD announcer went all Lou Brown...with different results. Enjoy. Rob Friedman (@pitchingninja) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 9,284 likes, 69 comments - pitchingninja on September 6, 2024: "Padres announcer Mud Grant channels Major League. Both the Movie pitch from Wild Thing and the Real life pitch from Robert Suarez are 101mph. But much different results. Lol. #mlb #baseball".
  16. I never talk it absolutes, but there's no chance we sign a catcher who's better than Jansen to pair with Kirk this offseason. We have much bigger holes to fill.
  17. Great game to start the NFL season last night. Would have been even better if Lively got that toe in bounds. I'm told the GB/PHI game tonight is exclusively on Peacock. f*** that s***. Can someone help me find a way to watch it without signing up?
  18. Yeah - I'd agree with that, assuming he's going to get $8M+ this offseason.
  19. I agree with this 100%. In a perfect world, they would have SP depth in the minors in the form of real prospects they could draw upon to fill in the rotation if Francis/Yariel fail (or there are injuries) - and that would be a reasonable approach to take (albeit there is concern that Gausman/Berrios don't offer the talent you want at #1/#2 anymore, which complicates things). Having young, cheap SPing is a massive benefit to teams and it would be ideal to find that with both Francis and Yariel. The challenge is you're going to need a reasonable backup plan. Ricky T is f***ing us over in this regard as we "should" have Ricky T and Bloss as the main depth pieces in AAA that we could call upon when needed. The lack of depth in the upper minors makes this approach more risky. Perhaps there's a trade to be had this offseason that helps fill that void?
  20. The FO has some options in which approach they take, but I think it's pretty obvious they don't have the money or the assets place to fill all the holes. This is likely going to lead to more frustration from Jays fans and this board. Go with Approach #1 as you suggested above and the rotation may be too thin. If we do suffer some injuries, we could be in trouble. Declines from the big 3 guys may also leave us without the talent we need at the top of the rotation. Go with Approach #2, which would be 1 big bat, 1 SPer and Bullpen and they run the risk of failing to address the lack of power and offense for a 3rd straight season. Relying on guys like Bo, Kirk, Springer - and some key Buffalo players to produce more offensively. Each approach will come with it's own probability of failure. I suspect the FO will have their preferred approach, but will keep both open and have to do their best to read the market and take the approach that gives us the most bang for our buck.
  21. I love it. It will help make him more affordable to resign this offseason!
  22. That's true - but literally every single RP prospect s*** the bed. It's like the opposite of volatile - it's consistency. Blue Jays RP'ing prospects go to AAA and they all die on a consistent basis.
  23. It's hard not to get a little excited with the raw tools that Barger has. I've thought he looks fine defensively at 3rd and his arm is like 4th best in the majors or something. His bat has come around nicely, although it would be nice to see him being more patient and taking walks (which he did do in the minors). Seems unlikely he ever hits LHP, but you could see him become a solid strong side platoon starter moving forward. Age is still on his side too.
  24. Yeah - who knows. I never really understand the Giants. The only angle I can see is this is the Giants telling the league and it's players "we're committed to winning and will pay top dollar, as required to achieve that". Do you overpay Chapman in hopes that other stars think "those guys will spend what's required to get top players" and thus it makes them more attractive to free agents? That's the best I can come up with.
  25. Well it seems all the interesting RP prospects we have go to AAA to die...How on earth is Connor Cooke not on this team and contributing already?
×
×
  • Create New...