Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. To be fair, Soto is like 8-15 with 12 walks against Gausman in his career. He didn't make anyone miss today (despite good results). I don't like Gausman facing Soto either.
  2. Buck can't tell the difference between an 89 MPH fastball and an 81 MPH sweeper. Ugh. Roden's arm is so awful. This game is getting away from them.
  3. If (big If) Gimenez's bat returns to a 115-125 wRC+ bat, building around Vlad, Kirk and Gimenez isn't a pretty good core. If Varsho is extended at a reasonable price, that a good group of young, talented players. Gimenez's bat being legit is a massive turn of events for the future of this organization. I hope it's for real.
  4. D-backs have jumped all over Yarborough and his 84 MPH slop. Trying to claw their way back into this game. First 3 all reached base and then Perdomo hits the grand slam. Hasn't gotten anyone out.
  5. If (big IF) Gimenez is a 120 wRC+ bat, you don't think he's a core player moving forward?
  6. F*cking right. If these changes are sustainable, this could be a massive win for the organization. We literally could be building around Gimenez moving forward. Unreal. It's about time some good stuff started happening to this team.
  7. Marte isn't a good comp at all. Merrill is better. I do hope fans at least now see that perhaps the FO aren't complete morons. I hope the narrative of angry fans is starting to understand the complexity of these situations (and others). I think there's a good probability that Vlad doesn't get the contract/number he wants and he may even end up signing for less than he's already been offered. He had the leverage and asked for the moon - which he's entitled to do. Kudos to the Jays for not giving into his demands. I think he's a bit of a dumbass and I don't really like Vlad, but I still think the Jays should and will re-sign him.
  8. 12 years old. What a f*cking joke. It's almost embarrassing that any teams are partaking in this. Gross.
  9. Ohtani walk off bomb. Unreal
  10. There were a ton of games with big time performances from star players. The game is in great hands and will thrive in the future. - Crochet shoved - Kristian Campbell continues to perform - Gallen rebounds v. Yanks - Polar Bear 3-4 with a bomb and 4 RBIs - Merrill 2-4 with a bomb. Looking like he's avoiding any sophomore slump - Hunter Greene shoved - Oneil Cruz 2-4 bomb - Chourio 3-5 bomb - old man Trout - bomb - Skenes shoved Just unreal talent.
  11. Boys - all things considered, this is a great start to the season. Despite the lack of home runs, the offense is looking great so far, with contributions up and down the lineup. We head into a difficult stretch now, but have put ourselves in a good position. Well done.
  12. Wow! What a way to end it. LFG boys. Brooms up!
  13. Let's go boys. Big opportunity here. Crooked numbers!
  14. One of my all-time favourite players. It would be incredible to see him have a dead cat bounce season (or 2).
  15. Interesting to hear Schneider talk about how they had bunting competitions in spring training with the winning "team" getting $1000 or something. I don't really want us to go back to the old school baseball, but it's probably not a bad idea for us to have that in the tool box when needed.
  16. At one point tonight, the Yankees had more total home runs (17) on the season than they did singles (16).
  17. I hate to say it, but I would have bet my house Schneider was going to K in that situation.
  18. We should trade for him. He'd practically be free. Ole' Pete can fix him!
  19. I think you don't hear much about extending Bo because he's made it clear he has no interest in doing that and will be hitting the open market.
  20. Seems odd to be trying to matchup starters. Not sure I buy that. I suspect that's just one of the factors in that decision. Maybe he's had a little trouble bouncing back early in the season (perhaps this year, or also in years past) and they want to get him an extra day once in awhile.
  21. Top 5 trade in Jays history? LOL
  22. Jim - you're the man. I can't thank you enough.
  23. I think he's saying that because people were questioning whether the Yanks had some unfair advantage using the torpedo bats and they destroyed Brewer pitching. I think he's trying to say "well maybe the Brewers jus suck and it's not the bats" - but I could be wrong.
  24. Yikes for the Braves/Profar.
×
×
  • Create New...