Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Hopes & Predictions  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

    • Milwaukee Brewers
    • Tampa Bay Rays
    • LA Dodgers
      0
    • Cleveland Guardians
      0
    • Atlanta Braves
    • Houston Astros
    • San Diego Padres
    • New York Yankees
      0
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Boston Red Sox
      0
    • Philadelphia Phillies
    • Chicago White Sox
  2. 2. Who is going to win the WS?

    • Milwaukee Brewers
    • Tampa Bay Rays
    • LA Dodgers
    • Cleveland Guardians
      0
    • Atlanta Braves
      0
    • Houston Astros
      0
    • San Diego Padres
    • New York Yankees
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Boston Red Sox
      0
    • Philadelphia Phillies
      0
    • Chicago White Sox
      0


Recommended Posts

Posted

It's that time of the year where hopes and dreams get crushed.

 

Two questions for everyone.

Who are you rooting for?

and

Who is winning the WS?

Posted
47 minutes ago, Governator said:

It's that time of the year where hopes and dreams get crushed.

 

Two questions for everyone.

Who are you rooting for?

and

Who is winning the WS?

Guv, it is too early for a WS pick.  Perhaps a survey of who wins each series?

Posted
26 minutes ago, Omar said:

Guv, it is too early for a WS pick.  Perhaps a survey of who wins each series?

 

Too early?  Nah.... people fill out brackets for a reason.  Series polls would be good though. Hmmmm

Posted
52 minutes ago, Omar said:

I'm hoping that the Brew Crew go on a miraculous run.

I hope the Padres surprise everyone.  They are my dark horse to win it all.

edit: if you're cheering for the Yankees or Boston, just don't.  Mods be on alert please.

I could almost root for the Red Sox due to Payton Tolle

Posted
1 hour ago, Landry_25 said:

I could almost root for the Red Sox due to Payton Tolle

I understand why Jays fans believe it's a sin to cheer for the Red Sox - but I don't hate them.  Tolle is a great personality for baseball.  I'll be rooting for them to beat the Yankees at least.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Brownie19 said:

I understand why Jays fans believe it's a sin to cheer for the Red Sox - but I don't hate them.  Tolle is a great personality for baseball.  I'll be rooting for them to beat the Yankees at least.

Yes, cheering for them to beat the Yankees is quite alright. After that, all bets are off unless they are playing the Dodgers.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Omar said:

Yes, cheering for them to beat the Yankees is quite alright. After that, all bets are off unless they are playing the Dodgers.

My issue is I really don't care for any other AL team.  I guess the White Sox are a nice story, but I'm not cheering for the Astros or Guardians.  Red Sox or TB to represent the AL in the World Series I guess. 

Posted

NL: Anyone but the Dodgers. Literally anyone. Don't care who, as long as LA is bounced in the DS. I'll probably root for the Padres, but wouldn't be against any of the non-LA teams making a run. 

AL: Picking a team here is impossible. Half of them don't even belong in the post season, and the other half are the AL East which I don't like for homer reasons. I refuse to root for the Rays at any point unless it helps the Jays, so won't root for them. I don't hate the Yankees like others here do, but my least favorite sports team just won a title (Knicks) and if the Yankees win in the same year, insufferable would be an understatement. Maybe the White Sox just due to how crazy their fans in the stadium are. I have Astros fatigue and the Guardians put me to sleep every year. 

TLDR, I guess Padres in the NL and White Sox in the AL. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Omar said:

I'm hoping that the Brew Crew go on a miraculous run.

I hope the Padres surprise everyone.  They are my dark horse to win it all.

edit: if you're cheering for the Yankees or Boston, just don't.  Mods be on alert please.

User-generated banlist basically. Anyone that votes Yanks/Sox/Dodgers

Posted
3 hours ago, Brownie19 said:

I understand why Jays fans believe it's a sin to cheer for the Red Sox - but I don't hate them.  Tolle is a great personality for baseball.  I'll be rooting for them to beat the Yankees at least.

Look I don’t hate the Sox, but you’d be crazy to root for them as a Jays fan. Plus they have like 4 WS wins in the last 20 years.

fuq dem

Posted
52 minutes ago, Stangstag said:

Look I don’t hate the Sox, but you’d be crazy to root for them as a Jays fan. Plus they have like 4 WS wins in the last 20 years.

fuq dem

They also have just 4 WS wins in the last 107 years :)

I gotta root for someone!  It's them or TB I guess.  I've always had soft spot for TB and their ability to win without $$$.  Plus my parents live in Port Charlotte in the winter, which is the spring training home of Tampa.

Posted
3 hours ago, Brownie19 said:

They also have just 4 WS wins in the last 107 years :)

I gotta root for someone!  It's them or TB I guess.  I've always had soft spot for TB and their ability to win without $$$.  Plus my parents live in Port Charlotte in the winter, which is the spring training home of Tampa.

I hearvya man but i just cant cheer for a BS org that cant/wont pay their stars and survives on revenue sharing and 2+ extra picks everyear to stay relevant.

Posted
3 hours ago, Brownie19 said:

They also have just 4 WS wins in the last 107 years :)

I gotta root for someone!  It's them or TB I guess.  I've always had soft spot for TB and their ability to win without $$$.  Plus my parents live in Port Charlotte in the winter, which is the spring training home of Tampa.

Nice the opioid epidemic started in Florida and I was a victim of it.  You support millions of families torn apart if you support any Florida sports 

Posted
4 minutes ago, hanton said:

Dodgers

Dodgers

 

stfu

 

I do like what the White Sox have done so wouldn't mind see them go all the way

Cubs vs White Sox WS?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Jays Centre Caretaker Fund
The Jays Centre Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Blue Jays community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...