Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Old-Timey Member
Posted

From Shi Davidi: "Still, since they always big-game hunt, they’re sure to at least check in with Tarik Skubal but they’ve also done lots of work on this year’s Japanese class, including starters Kaima Taira and Hiromi Itoh, and third baseman/outfielder Teruaki Sato".

Ross Atkins this winter:

 Major League Baseball GIF

Posted
2 hours ago, glory said:

The Jays came off one of the more infuriating seasons that I can remember, but on the last game of a lost season the stadium was packed, and the fans gave departing players the type of send off that players dream about. One thing that is understated aside from the obvious financial advantage the Jays have is that they've built a culture that players want to play for (like Bieber above). Obviously without money that wouldn't mean much to free agents, but when you combine culture with deep pockets, that's a huge competitive advantage. Hopefully the MLBPA wins and we don't see a salary cap (and I don;'t think we will). 

Agree.  That's one of the worst seasons I can remember.  Primarily based on expectations that were never met of course.  I hope that doesn't hurt the momentum they've created in the org over the last 3-5 years.

Posted
1 hour ago, glory said:

From Shi Davidi: "Still, since they always big-game hunt, they’re sure to at least check in with Tarik Skubal but they’ve also done lots of work on this year’s Japanese class, including starters Kaima Taira and Hiromi Itoh, and third baseman/outfielder Teruaki Sato".

Ross Atkins this winter:

 Major League Baseball GIF

Keep an eye out on Air Canada flights to Tokyo Haneda and Narita this fall. Atkins could be on one! 

Posted

You know, if the Jays sign Suzuki and Lowe, no small feat (but doable), that should take care of the roster, other than pitching.

I would not exercise Straw's option. But, I would consider him after opting out. The Guardians are paying for his opt-out amount. I think Bateman is the real deal in that small sample size, and I would pencil him in as the CF going forward. 

I am excited that there is potential for the FO to sign some Japanese pitchers. One decent starter would really just be incredible.

Posted

SP depth:

1. Cease

2. Soriano

3. Yesavage

4. Ponce

5. Miles (I could see them moving him to a starter role)

6. Berrios (injured until mid season-ish)

7. Arrighetti

8. Francis (should see if he plays up in a reliever role IMO)

9. Bloss

10. Tiedemann (I'd like to see him in the MLB bullpen)

11. Dallas (AAAA fodder)

12. Van Eyk (AAAA fodder)

13. Klein (AAAA fodder)

14. Stephan (AAAA fodder)

15. Estrada (AAAA fodder)

16. Stanifer

17. Guerra

18. Perry (AA)

19. King (AA)

 

Obviously the Jays are most likely going to add a couple MLB starters, and if that pushes arms like Miles and Tiedemann to the bullpen, so be it. The Jays have the makings of one hell of a bullpen, especially if they a couple starters via free agency, and also with Little coming back very strong in the second half.

CL - Varland

SU - Rogers

SU - Miles (if starters added)

HL - Tiedemann (Lefty)

MR - Little (Lefty)

MR - Winckowski

MR - Fluharty (Lefty)

MR - Fisher

Depth - Jose Rodriguez

Depth - Francis (if moved to reliever)

Depth - Cellucci (Lefty)

Depth - Yariel Rodriguez

Depth - Coleman (Lefty)

 

 

Posted

I really hope Atkins doesnt talk like this away from the cameras.  Imagine trying to get an answer from him on anything lol.  

Posted
15 minutes ago, Jays24 said:

I really hope Atkins doesnt talk like this away from the cameras.  Imagine trying to get an answer from him on anything lol.  

Ross after a subpar performance with his wife:

"We felt like we were fully prepared as a team to achieve mutual pleasure, and we believed we had the right process in place to execute on that goal. Ultimately, we weren’t able to get the desired result, and I take full responsibility for that. At the end of the day, the process was sound. The execution simply wasn’t there and that's my fault."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Jays Centre Caretaker Fund
The Jays Centre Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Blue Jays community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...