Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,078
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. It is really incredible. It's so cool.
  2. I haven't seen anything on this yet either. I suspect they won't go on sale until it's confirmed whether we win the division or slip into a WC spot. I hope those dates/times are plastered all over this board once determined!
  3. I actually really like that. There's no need to consider what call was made on the field (other than to stroke an umpires ego).
  4. Let's hope they're peaking too early!
  5. So his location was downright awful and it wasn't just the umpire squeezing him. Got it.
  6. Ever consider it might not be that easy and that the people running Rogers aren't f*cking morons? There is no way you should be firm at all that this was just a massive screw up by the Jays.
  7. Man - you're not a "loser fan", you're an awesome Jays fan. A diehard. I've always been able to grab tickets from Ticketmaster myself, so I don't think I've ever had to pay more than face value (not that face value is overly affordable). I do always wonder what I would do if the Jays made the World Series. Would I be willing to pay crazy scalper prices - say $2K a ticket to watch them in the world series. I think the answer is I would. I had a cancer scare back in 2019 (I'm perfectly fine now), but since then, I do generally live by the YOLO mentality. If there's a Game 7 at the dome this year - I think almost everyone "regular" on this board should be in the building (if feasible). Very few love the Jays as much as we do.
  8. I've also been to several playoff games since 2015. I think I went to 2 games in 2015, 2 games in 2016 (including the EE walkoff v. Baltimore) and I went to 1 game in 2022 and 2023, including the collapse v. Seattle. Personally - I feel that if you can, you need to make the effort to go watch Blue Jay playoffs games as much as you can. I think that especially goes for anyone who spends any amount of time on this forum. As diehards, you need to go experience it. Although you may be left with heartbreak (Seattle), you may also witness something absolutely incredible that may stick with you for the rest of your life (Joey Bats or EE walkoffs). I'm preparing to grab tickets to a couple of games. Probably 1 game with my whole family and another with just my boys. It's going to cost me a fortune, but I have to do it. As a Jays fan, I went 22 years between playoff appearances. You just never know when you'll get that opportunity again in life. You should go man.
  9. Easy - you're going to summon connorp back...
  10. while Seattle simultaneously loses a lot and misses the playoffs....yes.
  11. This post speaks to me Laika. I think it's something most of us can relate to...
  12. Has anyone given you the impression he will be on the playoff roster and/or in the rotation? He's the 5th starter and its pretty rare for teams to carry their 5th starter in the playoffs. I don't think there's any reason to worry that you'll see him on the playoff roster.
  13. It's an insane season. One of the most incredible seasons we've seen in a long time...I love it.
  14. He always is. Hoffman and Dominguez have terrible control. They rely 100% on stuff and unfortunately, Hoffman's velo is down and thus his stuff looks like it is too. We're in trouble.
  15. It was also way outside with a ton of armside run. It wasn't a bad pitch, despite being a little bit up.
  16. We better hot box this f*cking place!!!
  17. Well then good for all of us that you haven't been around 🤣 Gimenez has been awful with the bat. I think some of the underlying numbers suggest he's not quite this bad, but it's certainly concerning, given his contract. But my gosh is the defense incredible. So fun to watch. With Bo out, he's going to be very important to the team and I hope his defense at SS is even more valuable than it was at 2nd. It doesn't make up for the terrible bat, but it certainly helps. To be at 1.0 WAR right now in 91 games with a 69 wRC+ is crazy.
  18. Little hasn't given up a run in his last 6 appearances. Some only 1 out, but it's a step in the right direction... Only scored on twice in his past 18 appearances...
  19. I have to think Springer is benefiting from being a DH this year. There may be a downfall in his offensive performance if he plays the field everyday. Luckily the playoffs aren't that long, so we might be OK if Bo has to DH if/when he returns.
  20. That is what I'm talking about, but I was hoping to go back further to compare where it was measured back in like the 90's and how that compares to today. If anyone knows.
×
×
  • Create New...