Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,077
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. If the Jays go on a run and win a series or 2, we'll see a huge jump in baseball registration across Ontario (at least - if not further abroad across Canada).
  2. betr (@betr) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 19K likes, 1,542 comments - betr on September 29, 2025: "Just a reminder @betr_jack called Florida and the... That's a pretty interesting analysis...
  3. Yes - what I said was completely wrong. Oooof. I was reading off the ALCS schedule (and randomly stopped at Game 5).
  4. #1 or #3 without any hesitation
  5. The pitching isn't even that good. The bullpen is, but obviously the lose of Clase hurts.
  6. I said this already today, but I think it's insane the Guardians team is in the playoffs. Look at this f*cking lineup! I've listed their wRC+ next to their name Kwan - 99 Martinez - 74 Ramirez - 157 Rodriguez - 74 Manzardo - 113 Arias - 77 Rocchio - 77 Noel - 28 Hedges - 51 That is so gross. Stephen Vogt has to be the AL Manager of the Year.
  7. I'm using Seranthony or Varland myself. Both were really good in September.
  8. I don't think there is a day off before Game 5. It's the 12th and 13th in Toronto, 15th and 16th on the road and 17th back in Toronto.
  9. I don't think they'll consider tenure or contract status in these decisions. They're going to go with what they believe gives them the best chance to win. Every player on this team will support that decision - it's owed to them.
  10. Fangraph odds: Tigers - 58.9% Guardians - 41.1% Yankees - 64.9% Red Sox - 35.1% Cubs - 53.4% Padres - 46.6% Dodgers - 65.8% Reds - 34.2% The win %'s for the Yanks and Dodgers is as high as I've ever seen for a playoff series. I'm going with the Guardians, Yankees, Cubs and Dodgers.
  11. I love that storyline too. This kid has raked everywhere he's been - just can't stay healthy. Cleveland desperately needs him to become a middle of the order bat for them.
  12. Everyone should go look at the final numbers for the Cleveland team. It is insane this team came back to win the division after being 15.5 games behind. Their best pitcher was Cade Smith - I have no idea who they're starting in the playoffs. And outside of JRam, the offense is a bunch of 1.5 WAR players. The offense had 2 regulars with a wRC+ over 100. They finished the season with just 3 players who has 2+ WAR (Jays have 10). Wild stuff.
  13. It's 2 at home, 2 on the road and Game 5 at home I believe...
  14. I'd be absolutely shocked if this was considered at all.
  15. Yeah - I don't know what they do with Hoffman in the playoffs. I don't think he's someone you can rely on. The HRs are the killer. I'd be curious to see what their predictive modelling suggests in that regard.
  16. There is no doubt that Flu's "Balls+" stat is off the charts. I was going to make some joke about how he survives on Balls+ alone, but then I realized his Stuff+ is actually really good (which I didn't expect). Here's video of Flu leaving the dome
  17. His emergence is huge for the playoffs. He's brimming with confidence right now.
  18. And one of the best logos in all of sports.
  19. If Bassitt was pitching great over the past couple of weeks, I could see them doing this, but it seems highly unlikely they would since Bassitt has been on the IL.
  20. TSN (@tsn_official) • Instagram photo WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 15K likes, 65 comments - tsn_official on September 21, 2025: "Bo Bichette has some seriously high praise for this Blue... That's pretty cool. Bo giving Clement and Straw credit for being the glue guys.
  21. Why do you keep saying this?
  22. The issue with Bassitt is you'd likely be starting him on the road in Game 3 or 4 (Game 4 I'd assume). I think I'd rather go Varland/Lauer. Unfortunately, I don't think you can start Scherzer. I think the only way he starts is if there's a situation where someone gets hurt or we're getting rocked and he comes out of the pen and pitches really well, which opens the door for him to start a future game. Seems unlikely. It will be very interesting to see how they play this. Could he piggyback with Trey? I guess maybe?
  23. Couldn't happen to a better guy. Springer is the type of guy you want your kids to idolize.
  24. 100%. He's a generational talent.
  25. That's aggressive
×
×
  • Create New...