Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,084
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Pearce has given himself the shaft man. He's been f***ing awful.
  2. Nova's walked 4 people in 100 innings since joining the Pirates. Liriano walks 4 in a good start.
  3. yep. Caint naw b breakin dem unriten rulz af da game. Ya gowsta pway da game da rite way.
  4. Disappointing to see SRF resembles the guy he was in 2015 instead of the one we saw in 2016. BB% way up, GB% wayyyyy down (27% so far?). Get your s*** together man.
  5. Is that Bo's first 0'fer of the season?
  6. Where is the re-tool option?
  7. It's a good one. Gone around like 5 times and still going strong. Most successful thing I've seen in the dome this year.
  8. Fans are doing the wave. Most excitement there's been at the game today.
  9. By the sounds of it - it's somewhat difficult to find anyone who wants to play in Toronto behind Martin. I believe there were reports of more than one catcher who turned down more money here to sign elsewhere for playing time purposes. It's like you're looking for the guys who's actually good - but thinks he sucks and has to settle for a job in another country where he'll only play 40 games a year.
  10. I watched the NFL Draft. I'm going to the game tomorrow with my family. I'd rather scalp the tickets and go to the aquarium.
  11. Holy f***. Sad when I actually think Goins should hit 5th. Shutter down boys.
  12. Has he brought his hands back up higher before getting his rhythm? or is that just me?
  13. Syndergaard is so good he'd just become the next Jim Abbott en route to his rightful place in Cooperstown.
  14. stop trolling me NJH.
  15. His career high for BsR was 0.8. He could run, but he was generally a poor baserunner despite having speed early in his career - even while stealing 40 bases (CS 20 times that year).
  16. What an insightful post.
  17. I always find it odd when people talk about Vlad Jr v. Vlad Sr and suggest Jr isn't as talented as Sr because he doesn't run or field as well. Vlad Sr was a horrific base runner and defender for half his career. He obviously had some excellent god given abilities, but was largely unable to harness them...something that should probably keep him out of Cooperstown. Whenever I read stuff like that - it comes off like Sr was this phenomenal 5 tool player, which, in spite of his talents, was generally overstated.
  18. What's wrong with Chris Smith? Injured I assume?
  19. Severino is good
  20. Thames left game with hamstring tightness. That sucks balls.
  21. Personally I think it would be awesome to have more knowledgeable broadcasters, analysts and reports who could slowly introduce more and more advanced statistics into baseball and tactfully explain to the common folk why we no longer jerk off to RBI's and wins. I mean we just have more knowledge now than we did in 1993. It just seems so stupid not to try and educate the public better so we can move forward and advance. I suspect there were skeptics when they started telling people that smoking was actually bad for your health or that seatbelts saved lives. That didn't mean we stopped trying to relay that message... That said - it appears we're nowhere near the point of trying to educate the public, so I've given up hope and just watch the s*** on mute to save my sanity.
  22. I've just succumb to the reality that the vast majority of reporters, analysts, etc. all cater to what the ignorant general public want. It's never going to change. If you're not ignorant, you won't enjoy listening or reading their content and will seek alternative sources.
×
×
  • Create New...