Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. How many times was he "on" his game in the 100 innings he's faced a lineup for a 3rd time in his career? It may be more than you think.
  2. I get it. Again - not saying it's right or wrong, but if you want SSS, then Snell's ERA the 3rd time through is 6.35. If people want to talk about "going with your best" when the game is on the line. Nick Anderson has essentially been the best reliver in baseball since arriving in TB last year. FIP of about 1.50. 2 WAR in 37 2/3 innings. But I get it, he hasn't been as dominant lately....but your weighing that v. Snell against the lineup a 3rd time where he's historically been poor too. TB makes these types of moves and has really good success more often than not.
  3. Except what Jim said is incorrect Snell's thrown 101 1/3 innings in his career facing the order the 3rd time and they have been pretty s*****. Career ERA of 4.97.
  4. Buck Martinez said it's a bad move...my bad, he must be right. LOL. I'm not saying it's the wrong move or the right move. I'm telling you that it's the way TB plays the game and they've been extremely successful doing it and you have to respect that they probably know significantly more about this move than anyone watching...and finally that you're a f***ing donut if you didn't expect to see them make this move, or if you think Kevin Cash gives a f*** what people think.
  5. Snell's averaged less than 5 innings per start in 2019 and 2020. TB has been protecting him v. the 3rd time through the lineup for awhile now....even when he won the Cy Young he averaged less than 6 inning per start. He isn't DeGrom or Max at all.
  6. As Cash said - this is the way we do things. Pitchers need short memories and thick skin. You guys can say you don't like this style of baseball all you want because you prefer traditional managing and want people to make decisions with their gut - but you have to respect what TB does and the results they get. Competitive for 12 years in row now, all while rolling out a bottom 5 or 6 payroll. I mean Jays24 - you seem confused and upset by this decision like you expected something different? That's on you bruh. Cash isn't going to change his approach in Game 6 of the WS. He doesn't give 2 f***s whether you or anyone in baseball thinks they are crazy. They are in the WS man.
  7. Can we compare it to Game 2 when Cash did the same thing, it worked and they won the game?
  8. Press conferences are f***ing stupid.
  9. what a beautiful game.
  10. Buck rhyming off Lou Brock counting stats made me look him up. I was surprised he actually wasn't that good. 43.2 career WAR. Of course he (probably undeservingly) made the HOF because of the stolen bases, which is....whatever, but to find out he was the 20th person ever to be inducted in his first year of eligibility was pretty alarming. Players with more career WAR: Mike Cameron Andrew McCutchen Matt Holiday Granderson Tony Phillips JD Drew Mark Grace Interesting stuff.
  11. ?? what's your deal?
  12. Devin Williams was named the 2020 Trevor Hoffman National League Reliever of the Year. Williams bested fellow finalists Trevor Rosenthal and Jeremy Jeffress to earn the award. wha, hrmmm, why the f*** was Jeremy Jeffress a finalist? 6.56 K/9 4.62 BB/9 4.69 xFIP
  13. Completely agree unfortunately. This game is shaping up to be a close one hopefully.
  14. Buck continues his assult on the game of baseball. Catchers shouldn't try to frame the ball and cheat sheets are for pussies! Get this ******* off the air.
  15. Walker is fun to watch.
  16. Man - how amazing would it be to have a gorgeous ball park and a AA affiliate in your home town? That would be the tits.
  17. Oh the Dodgers are soooooo good. Buck loves the safety squeeeeeze. This game is over.
  18. Buck just couldn't resist. He says this year the Gold Glove winners should have an asterisk because managers couldn't vote. Says he hopes this is the last and only time that we only use statistics.
  19. Dude - you're a Dodger homer who showed up to a Blue Jays message board. And you just complimented Buck Martinez. I don't know what you expect dude, but if you're looking for a Dodgers circle jerk on Buck's silver flow, you're in the wrong spot.
  20. Fair enough. I definitely try and stay up to date on the top prospects (around the league + on each team), but this name just completely alludes me. I quit all fantasy sports back 3-4 years ago and I definitely am starting to see a decline in my general knowledge of new players around the league. I guess that exposed me to more ridicule. I did look him up (before posting) and saw he was the 24th overall pick. I guess there's supposed to be more in his bat moving forward (and he falls into the Nick Madrigal mold), but his bat looks pitiful so far.
  21. This explains why a couple of players I've never even heard of are nominees (Mendick, Hoerner) and lot of players (including those 2) who didn't play that many games and make Ryan Goins look like a ML hitter. Historically, you've had to be a true stud defender to get nominated if you can't hit (not that I ever agreed with that). Would be nice to see Alex Gordon win one more in the year he retires. Otherwise - don't care.
  22. Get out of the way Margot! f***. This is going to be a good finish.
  23. yes I did. Board rules - you always mention how gorgeous KK is.
  24. I'm curious to see how many more years Kevin Kiermaier remains a starter in the majors. Much like Pillar, he's now on the wrong side of 30 and you'd expect he'll turn into a 4th OFer the second his speed decreases. The good news for Kiermaier is the speed continues to be elite. He's an absolute joy to watch and I'll always root for him. Best defensive OFer in baseball and so handsome. I've met him a few times in Spring Training and have a great picture of him with my oldest son that was published in the local newspaper.
  25. Is everyone in the MLB office 65 years old? Who the f*** thinks having Buck Martinez calling the WS is a good idea? All he does is s*** on the way the game is played.
×
×
  • Create New...