Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. No - it's not bad at all. Jim's being a little dramatic.
  2. No - I'm just assuming things. Pretty nice to wake up and realize you no longer have to force Dom Smith in LF...
  3. Man - the Mets really benefit from having the permanent DH in the NL.
  4. AA found and exploded the loophole in the CBA to land us several extra draft picks which accelerated the rebuilding of our farm system (before he eventually traded some of it away).
  5. I'm just bustin' yo ballz Grant.
  6. 1 year apparently.
  7. Raps sign Alex Len. We have a new stable of bigs.
  8. Any other tinfoil assumptions you'd like to base your opinions on? It's also amazing to see how quickly people twist reality and forget that AA built the Jays a very strong farm system after inheriting the s*** that JP left behind.
  9. Aaron Baynes to the Raps.
  10. I actually don't like how much movement there is in the NBA. There are so many JAGs that it's just about managing the salary cap.
  11. Didi seems so underrated. It's almost insane that 2/25 might actually be what he signs for. I'm definitely on board with adding Didi. I never thought he got enough credit for the job he did stepping in to replace Jeter.
  12. What about trading for Kyle Hendricks? He has 3 years remaining (around $42M) + a vesting option I believe. I wonder if the price tag is significantly lower than it is for Darvish simply because he's a smoke and mirrors guy v. the dominant upside that Darvish brings?
  13. Charlotte has no fans, so I suspect this isn't a concern.
  14. I agree with this.
  15. I thought it was the worst kept secret in baseball that Cano's always been on PED's? I won't lie though - Ang might be my source for this information. I'm not even sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
  16. Tanaka's prime advantage over the others typically listed is he was actually healthy and pitched well last year. Almost everyone else mentioned was hurt
  17. I get it, but it took Jon Singleton out of baseball.
  18. I guess I meant any of the above. Those addicted to drugs in general. Painkillers, coke, weed, etc. Would it be 30%? Oh - and thanks for bringing back the memories of Brett Lawrie on the White Sox...
  19. Maybe we look overseas again for some pitching... MLB.com's Jon Morosi reports that Kohei Arihara is "increasingly likely to be posted by the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters prior to Thanksgiving." Arihara took home the Japanese version of the Cy Young Award in 2019 with a 2.46 ERA, 0.919 WHIP, and 161/40 K/BB ratio in 164 1/3 innings (24 starts) for Hokkaido. He then followed that up with a 3.46 ERA, 1.168 WHIP, and 106/30 K/BB ratio over 132 2/3 innings in 2020. The 28-year-old right-hander could draw interest from several MLB teams this winter given the lack of high quality starters on the free agent market.
  20. Theo is bailing! Theo Epstein has stepped down as Cubs president, effective November 20th. Huge news out of Chicago, which could have wide-ranging implications in the baseball world. Epstein still had one year remaining on his contract, so he's likely walking away from a substantial sum of money. Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer will now ascend to the position of president of baseball operations. Epstein has been with the Cubs since October of 2011 and later helped the Cubs to their first World Series championship since 1908. He could really do anything he wants to do at this point, but both the Mets and Phillies are looking for new team presidents and are said to targeting those who have a track record of success. It's worth noting that Jon Morosi of MLB.com hears that Epstein plans to take next season off, but this situation remains worth watching.
  21. I actually googled it when you said that yesterday. Lots of speculation because he lots a lot of weight and his wife was on social media defending him, suggesting he wasn't a drug addict. I wonder what % of ML ball players would actually fall under the drug addict category anyway. 15%?
  22. I don't disagree, but Lynn is entering his age 34 season and is a FA after 2021. How much would you give up for that? This is like the Lindor s***. How much do you give up for 1 year? Assuming Lynn costs a legit prospect, I think I'd rather try and sign 2 of Kluber, Paxton, Odorizzi, Archer, etc.). The issue is who the f*** wants to pitch in Toronto on a pillow contract to rebuild their value? Good chance we have to offer multiple years to attract those options.
×
×
  • Create New...