Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I'm bumping this because I think this board should have a bigger discussion on it. I think we all agree the game needs to change. The current product is hard to watch. 25% strikeouts is insane. Every team has like 6 guys in the pen throwing 95+ and there are too many pitching changes. What's the goal? I think everyone wants more BIP and more emphasis on defense and base running. What era of baseball are we aiming to replicate? After discussing it with a few friends, the correct answer might be the early 90's. Fewer home runs than the steroid era (where too many guys who shouldn't be hitting a ton of home runs were), fewer strikeouts, more base running, more defense - but still lots of offense. I'm also worry I'm getting dangerously close to becoming the old guy who thinks the baseball he grew up watching was the best and just complains about anything that's different.
  2. what happened when they lowered the mounds before? perhaps nobody is old enough to really know - they also didn't document injuries as well back then.
  3. Jamal? yeah - brutal stuff. Love that kid and I was rooting for the Nuggets in the west.
  4. I applaud your chirping of Buck and Tabby sir.
  5. can someone post those awesome videos of the Kirk an Bo home runs please? thanks.
  6. When did they change where they measured MPH from, as I know that's increased what the gun reads also - but I generally agree. They need to find a way to reduce strikeouts dramatically, have more balls in play, increase the value of defense and base running and reduce the number of pitching changes. I wonder what the effect of lowering the mound would be (seeing as we've had that in baseball before already). I have to imagine they considered that first - also curious what the impact to injuries would be. What era do you guys think was best? I think baseball in the heart of the steroid era (late '90's early 00's) was the best. Guys were crushing home runs, but we also had guys stealing 50+ bases a year. Big time power guys were striking out in the low 20% range, with most others between 10% and 20%. Great pitchers were striking out 7 to 8 per 9 innings and you still had 25 starting pitchers with ERA's below 3.5. Maybe it's nostalgia, but for me - that's the type of baseball I want to see.
  7. whoa - Rowdy and Kirk both got hits in one inning? The apocalypse is upon us!
  8. career 115 wRC+, .363 OBP with near elite base running (15th overall in BsR in 2019). Good call.
  9. Absolutely no f***ing reason to sit regulars v. the Yankees when we're already short handed and have multiple off days coming up. Suck it up boys and get it done.
  10. https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2153783/mlb-to-test-new-dh-rule-moving-pitching-rubber-back-in-atlantic-league MLB is testing new rules. #1 - move the mound back a foot. Nobody likes seeing so many strikeouts. #2 - double hook DH. Once you pull your starting pitcher, you lose your DH. Too many pitching changes during a game. Apparently a 93.9 MPH fastball at 61 feet is equivalent to a 91.6 MPH fastball at 60 feet.
  11. Merryweather has an oblique strain too - so much for the hip irritation. f*** sakes.
  12. It must be nice following a team like this. 6 starters with a wRC+ over 180 to start the year and Cody Bellinger isn't one of them.
  13. Him and Tellez are going to Korea.
  14. Wow - great effort Bo.
  15. Seems....odd that Merryweather was pulled.
  16. Hard not to like what we've seen from Josh Palacios so far. Can he play CF at all?
  17. Glasnow's at 1.3 WAR after 3 starts. In 2019, the Jays only had 3 pitchers finish the year with more WAR then that over a full season.
  18. Rizzo's also a FA. Also will be 32, although he's probably a slight step down from Freddie. Similar hitters/players though really. Both have been the heart & soul leaders on their teams. It will be interesting to see how that plays out - will they re-sign, or not. Will teams give out big contracts to one dimensional 1st basemen?
  19. JD admitted he didn't come prepared to compete in 2020. He said after being sent home from Spring Training, he really slacked off, didn't train or hit and paid for it dearly once the season started. The guy is a beast - fully expect him to be his typical self this year.
  20. Wouldn't matter - Tellez f***ing sucks. Would have missed the next pitch. Send him to Korea. Fat f***.
  21. I'm grumpy as f*** today. f*** everything.
  22. You underestimate how s***** of a manager that Charlie Montoyo is.
×
×
  • Create New...