Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Why don't we arbitrarily assign a W to a positional player? Mike Trout goes 4-4 with 2 HR's and a game saving catch in the 9th inning and the starting pitcher goes 5 innings, giving up 4 ER, but leaves with his team winning 6-4 and somehow he's designated as the reason the team won the game? That is f***ing stupid. Any wins and loses assigned to a single player in a team sport is f***ing stupid (goalies in hockey also fall into this category).
  2. I think you forget how quickly Grichuk can go ice cold at the plate...
  3. I was just trying to find stats on league wide BABIP to see whether it's dropped significantly due to shifts. Can anyone help me?
  4. who's record is he breaking? And how has he not already broken it? Jesus Christ.
  5. Why don't we just eliminate pitching wins. I'm good with that.
  6. You obviously haven't been following the Braves this year. https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=30&type=8&season=2021&month=0&season1=2021&ind=0&team=16&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2021-01-01&enddate=2021-12-31
  7. Jesus Christ - that is astonishing, considering how horrendous he's been (last year and this year).
  8. Before you s*** on Biggio again, you might stop and realize they moved Biggio to 3rd this year so they could sign Semien (who they clearly have an agreement with to keep him in the middle infield). Biggio didn't bitch and complain, he moved to 3rd as a team player. He's injured his throwing hand on 3 separate occasions so far this year, acknowledged he isn't 100%, but is out there doing what he can to help the team win. The reality is in today's game - great defense isn't as impactful as it one was (refer to the article on the Reds). Obviously this FO thought it was worth the potential downgrade on our 3rd base defense to get Semien on this team. Maybe they think Martin will be here by mid season, or at least by September and thus this is just a short term fix (in all likelihood - Semien is gone next year and Biggio's back at 2nd). These are all calculated risks. There's always a chance they don't work. I think the team is 100% committed to playing Bo at SS all year. We don't really have another options (short term or long term) unless we want Espinal as a starter.
  9. Don't base opinions on assumptions. It's a terrible habit. As for Biggio - he didn't get special treatment. You created this narrative. He isn't "playing over Tellez" today. He's also produced like a top 40-50 positional player in baseball since arriving in 2019. I don't know what 'special treatment' even means, but he should be playing everyday.
  10. Sorry - but how did you see a path to Tellez playing over Biggio today? Was Tellez playing RF? did you want Vlad in RF? I think you're saying you wanted Tellez in the lineup today instead of Panik, with Bo playing 2nd base or something. There are several reasons the Jays may be DH'ing Bo today - most of which you aren't privy to.
  11. You should let this one go. Biggio is still young and he's clearly part of the core. 4 WAR over 160 games puts him in the top 40-50 positional players in baseball on a yearly basis. Tellez has a chance to become a solid 1st/DH bat on this team. I'm a huge Tellez supporter, but he's nowhere near as valuable as Biggio.
  12. You never stop about the s***** defense. Today they go with probably the best defensive lineup they can - and you still complain.
  13. We all rip Cavan (probably rightfully so), but Panik's made 2 errors there this week and Espinal can't handle a hot shot today either. Who's holding the 3rd base vodoo doll?
  14. Can we get some appreciation for Jed Lowrie? Back from the dead - hasn't played in 2 years. wRC+ of 153, 0.8 WAR so far this year. The A's are on some kind of a f***ing role - and personally, I love it.
  15. Visually, I've never been wow'd by Kershaw - but you can't argue with the results. Due is insane - but I agree deGrom is insane. I told someone today that he's prime Pedro right now. Dude is a HOFer. He has to be.
  16. I think the team is committed to letting Bo figure it out at SS. Semien is probably gone next year...Martin plays 3rd next year with Biggio back at 2nd. I'm sure there's a handshake agreement to leave Semien at 2nd this year - but I'd rather see him at 3rd with Biggio back at his natural position.
  17. You post this like 3 times a day man. Enough.
×
×
  • Create New...