Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Thomas posted a 1.8 WAR, 127 wRC+ season with 26 HRs and 95 RBIs as a 39 year old. BJ Ryan was awesome until his arm fell off. Even Hanson posted a 3 WAR season his first year in Toronto. This is a pretty tame list of bad signings...
  2. Because winning teams have depth? Injuries happen? Regardless, there are lots of at bats for Grichuk as a 4th OFer and Tellez at DH. You need to listen more around here. Please stop.
  3. I'm pretty sure Kevin Barker is the definition of a simpleton - but whatever...why am I feeding the troll...blah.
  4. You need to give this FO a bit more credit than this. It says they've reviewed the MLB findings and support their position. I don't take this FO as being some 'woke' group that acts prematurely without all the available information. I'm going to suggest they've done their due diligence on this and that Robbie did some bad stuff.
  5. Did you expect Alomar to issue a statement that the allegations are true and apologize for being a scumbag? C'mon man.
  6. Tellez's bat was elite last year - he made drastic improvements to his BB% and K% and was statistically the 51st best hitter in baseball last year with underlying advanced stats that suggest he wasn't getting 'lucky'. That's why people want to see him get consistent playing time because even if he's primarily a DH, every lineup in baseball has room to add someone with a wRC+ over 130. You don't judge a player and banish him to the bench after 63 PA's - especially when there are several underlying stats suggesting he's hitting the ball very hard this year (which is a great predictor of success) and has been unlucky). Perhaps they see something in his swing this year that needs adjustment and time at the alternative site could be the place to fix that. However, I suspect we'll see Springer act as our primary DH over the next couple of weeks - but once he's able to return to CF full time, Tellez will be recalled to split time at DH. That timeline probably aligns well with the continue decline of Grichuk back to the 100-110 wRC+ hitter he is and he'll return to a platoon role with Tellez and/or can spell Gurriell in LF, who's been equally as bad offensively and defensively so far this year.
  7. Yikes. Do we have any information on this allegation? Other than it was back in 2014. I always find it interesting that organizations like MLB do their own investigation and take action before the legal system does anything (perhaps I'm assuming they are pressing charges).
  8. I suspect they demoted Tellez knowing full well that Springer is going to DH for a few weeks before he's ready to play CF. I do not believe the FO thinks like EastCoaster.
  9. He's just posturing for an extension. I f***ing hate that s***. Sit down and resolve it. Leaking BS to the media to try and get more money is such a bitch move. I also hate all reporters who spread/create stories on this, when it's obviously just a posturing move. Everyone involved should f*** off.
  10. DRAFT NIGHT boys! I love drafts. This one should be full of surprises too. Perfect timing on the Jays day off.
  11. https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohtani-splitter-still-most-unhittable-pitch
  12. I think he's in AAA simply so they can monitor and manipulate this workload this year. I have no doubt he's coming to the Jays at some point this season - when that is depends on how many innings they want him to throw this year.
  13. How f***ing amazing is it that we're even having these discussions?
  14. As odd as it will look. I think baseball is going to adopt the softball style 'double' first base bag soon to reduce injuries and make the running lane more defined to avoid this s***.
  15. The runner was on the f***ing grass - the pitcher isn't obstructing at all. That is really f***ed up. Look at it this way, if that as a dribbler to the catcher and he hit the runner in the back with the ball, he would have been called out for being off the base path.
  16. I suspect KK got a little to hyped up at the chance to gun someone down that he misjudged just how far that ball tailed away from him (lefty hitting to LF). When he watches the tape, he probably admits he should have let Randy have it, given he was in a much better position to throw home. The reality is probably that neither of them were going to get the runner anyway.
  17. That's fair Grant, but I suspect these results will change with time. You provided 3 polls, all taken at different times and here is the % that support standard extra innings: June 24, 2020 - 80% November 13, 2020 - 75% April 27, 2021 - 66% I suspect if you asked fans 2-3 months into the (original) season whether they liked the new takeout slide rules (which eliminated them) - 80% of people would have voted to scrap the new rule and allow runners to destroy middle infielders. A few years later and nobody even talks about it anymore because it was a great improvement to the sport (although I'm sure a few mouth breathers would tell you about the pussification of baseball if asked). You'd probably see the same results for shootouts in hockey. People hate change and it takes a few years for people to get over it. We've only really be using this new extra innings rule for half a season - give it time.
  18. We'll probably see him in June. At least his oblique should be 100%
  19. You know that most on here enjoy pushing your buttons because you're so f***ing stubborn right? You also forgot the link to your mythical poll
  20. I'll take "Things made up by Grant for $200 Alex"
  21. You have to be one stupid gambler if you're looking up the starting pitchers W-L record for anything at all. There is zero reason to cater this this person. The only reason to keep it is history. Because people back in the early 1900's created a stupid stat, we must now continue to track it, even though we've known for a long time that it's completely useless.
  22. How much value does it provide? I'm not going to say it's completely useless, but with the advancements and alternatives we have, it's probably the next thing to useless - providing almost no context. You can cite casuals all you want, but I suspect most don't even understand what criteria is required for a pitcher to be assigned the W or the L - especially for relivers.
×
×
  • Create New...