Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I suggested this in the offseason and was shown the door for my stupid idea
  2. Angels really need Jo Adell to step up.
  3. I think it's clear he can pitch in the majors right now. We're holding him back to control his innings in AAA so he can contribute in the 2nd half and hopeful through a playoff run.
  4. because he wanted a 3 year deal and has thrown less than 70 innings over the past 3 years.
  5. Wow! What a truly incredible career he's had. In his prime years (between 2001 and 2010) he was similar to Trout to me. This guy posting video game numbers who I didn't get to watch on TV all that often. He was larger than life - I always wanted to try and catch St. Louis games on Sunday Night baseball (or wherever I could) because he was must see TV. I remember when the Angels signed him, I thought there was an outside chance he'd pass Babe, Aaron and maybe even Bonds on the all-time home run list. Alas, it wasn't meant to be as age and injuries prevented him from an Adrian Beltre/Nelson Cruz/Big Papi sunset to his career. It will be interesting to see if another team signs him, or if he just hangs them up. Even though he's been awful for years now - I must say I've still stopped what I was doing when a Pujols highlight came on TV - or when he came to bat during an Angels game - just to marvel at one of the absolute greatest hitters of all-time and certainly of my generation.
  6. Kirk posts a 140 wRC+ in his first 71 PA's after spending 0 days above A ball and this guy is convinced he isn't the answer.
  7. Tabler keeps talking about batters "slowing their swing down" That's not a thing is it - that's just Tabler saying stupid things? Who the f*** goes up there and says they're going to swing slower than normal? I assume what he means is they aren't swinging for the fences - but he should just say that FFS.
  8. And almost every player on the team is f***ing raking without sign stealing.
  9. Better ask Bartolo.... edit - f*** me - Jonn beat me to the punch.
  10. Apparently they will consider Bauer on short rest until Gosslin and Price are healthy. I guess Bauer kind of gave up on that request/demand eh?
  11. Is there any doubt that Chapman could play SS (well)? - especially in today's game
  12. That's awful for baseball. I guess that's why the Dodgers kept Price around though.
  13. Man - it's so nice having Teo back in the lineup hitting. That was some bad baserunning though.
  14. The last 2 drafts by the Packers have been pretty s***** IMO. Myers over Creedy Humphries in the 2nd seemed odd too (not that I know s***, but almost everyone had Creedy as a late 1st/early 2nd). Then we moved up to get a slot guy in Rodgers, who nobody seems to like? Remember when we took that blocking TE/H-Back in the 3rd round last year? f*** me.
  15. I think they screwed up at least 1 person on every roster. It's embarrassing.
  16. What do you think of Stephen Brunt? I love the back stories he tells and narrates and think he's the best journalist around (I'll say in Canada, but obviously don't pay attention to much outside of Ontario).
  17. I hate dealing in absolutes, but I think there's about a 0.02% chance we spend big FA money on a shortstop with Groshans/Martin/Orelvis coming through the pipeline. I'm perfectly fine with Grichuk being the 4th OFer, but I can't imagine scenario where we'd also push Biggio to the bench.
×
×
  • Create New...