Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Oh Christ - call Porcello and Greene please.
  2. King Felix opts out of agreement with Baltimore. Roughed up this spring and now out with a sore elbow. The King's reign may be over.
  3. Yeah - I'm good with getting Trent. We'll have to pay him this year, but he's essentially a much younger version of Norm, probably with better defense and less offensive versatility. Sad to see Norm go. It's been amazing watching him develop into a true efficient, offensive weapon. May have to root for the Trail Blazers in the west now.
  4. Man - it certainly looked like Manoah is ready to contribute right now.
  5. Is the game on TV? Manoah is must watch TV.
  6. They do now - Eloy is out 5-6 months.
  7. Got Gary Trent Jr. for Powell. Apparently that's a decent move.
  8. It more he was suggesting why worry about the 7th year for a guys who's a 1st/DH... I get it. There's a good chance Vaughn's a f***ing stud with the bat too though.
  9. I mean if you're asking about Vaughn - you could just not say anything about service time manipulation and simply say he's impressed this spring, but they are evaluating his strengths and weaknesses and will collaborate to make a decision.
  10. I mean...we manipulated service time for our 1st base man/DH didn't we?
  11. Nah - Kenny Williams came out today and said they wouldn't manipulate his service time. If he's ready, he plays. Said something about how Tony has the final call on whether he makes the team or something.
  12. Looks like Andrew Vaughn is going to make the White Sox and serve as their DH.
  13. Exactly. I think it also depends on what you classify as 'passing a physical'. If Tanaka took a physical, it would tell you the ligament in his elbow was slightly torn. Would the team say "well we already knew that" and classify the physical as 'passing'? When they say someone 'failed' a physical, I've always assumed it's that they've concluded some pre-existing condition was simply worse than originally expected and they weren't comfortable with it. It's like a home inspection - there's always something slightly wrong, it's just a matter of how many things are wrong and whether you can live with them or not. I have to imagine most athletes have pre-existing issues. A bad back (Paxton), a bum knee (Pedroia), an ankle that didn't heal the best (J.Polanco), a separated shoulder that pops out more than normal (Bellinger), Arthritis (Flores), etc.
  14. If you want to see another case of this, look up: Paxton, James Kluber, Corey I suspect this happens more than you think.
  15. I'd say this is generally correct.
  16. https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2140159/servais-after-mariners-hit-3-hrs-off-bauer-our-guys-werent-trying
  17. https://www.thescore.com/mlb/events/75485
  18. https://www.thescore.com/mlb/events/75485 Mr. Broadcaster - that did not look like a popup off the bat you f***tard.
  19. Biggio scratched with right pinkie finger discomfort. Just keep the injuries coming boys!
  20. https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2140335/report-mlb-to-begin-using-statcast-to-catch-cheating-pitchers That's interesting...
  21. I'd love to know if we were in on Trevor Rosenthal and if he was reluctant to sign here b/c we already had Yates...
  22. Yeah - if we added Porcello and Greene, we'd probably be in a better place. Can't imagine that costs more than $15M total. I guess those 2 have been holding out in hopes that something like this happens and they are suddenly in demand. The real piss of is we might have had a chance at Trevor Rosenthal - but once we signed Yates, no other closer was interested in Toronto.
  23. When you add Pearson and Hatch to that list it makes you want to barf a little. The good news is we have lots of pitching depth and a great farm system to help us deal with this very situation. That said, I can't help but wonder if they'll explore a deal with Porcello? Other names: Shane Greene Brad Peacock Cole Hamels David Robertson Mike Leake I don't know if we are desperate enough to take look at Roberto Osuna yet are we?
  24. Yates is done, Springer as a Grade 2 oblique strain and Robbie Ray will miss a start with a bruised elbow after slipping on stairs carrying his kid. OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!
×
×
  • Create New...