Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Yeah - we're a retro option. I don't think 'kids' these days even consider a message board format. That's too bad. I credit almost all of my current knowledge about the game today to this board (in terms of how the game has changed over the past 10 years). It's an amazing resource.
  2. For me it was one of the new benefits of remote working!
  3. meh - I still love this board.
  4. I know it's Game 1, but I really think Bo, Teo, Vlad, LGJ are the teams top hitters and need to be moved to the top of the lineup.
  5. I love watching Matt Chapman.
  6. Kumar Rocker's mechanics look odd to me.
  7. Glasnow just dominant today. Love him.
  8. This didn't go so well for them today...
  9. Thank you sir...thank you.
  10. Whatever the high performance team determines will allow him to throw the most innings. When healthy, he's dominant. I suspect he'll stay in the pen, throwing high leverage innings.
  11. Why the f*** isn't Sportsnet carrying any other baseball game today? I'm triggered.
  12. I f***ing LOVE Biggio as a baseball player.
  13. I mean - you're correct, but a bit unfair to compare him to the best hitter in baseball. I don't agree it was filthy - it was never in the strike zone and thus should have been taken for ball 4.
  14. Classic s***** Grichuk. 3-2 pitch was never a strike but he commits pre-pitch.
  15. "Charlie felt he had to reward Hernandez for his great year last year by batting him 4th" - Buck First stupid thing Buck said this year. Top of the 2nd.
  16. Jay Bruce ahead of Frazier. Makes sense.
  17. Nah - the other one is for MLB in general - this is BJ only.
  18. WTF? covid is still a thing in the US?
  19. It will be fascinating to see how this plays out. Lindor is such a lovable player - I hope he earns this Contract and becomes a legend in the Mets organization. I wish my man David Wright was still there playing next to him.
  20. I don't anyone hates you on here. We just don't agree with various stances you take.
  21. Damn you, you made me look up Feyereisen. What am I missing?
  22. f*** - c'mon man....baseball needs Ohtani
  23. How on earth do you know the batter aimed the ball? I assume you'll say because you watched the at bat and it was clear he did - but we both know that's just a massive assumption. I have no problem with suggesting batters should adjust their approach in certain situations of the game - especially to make contact and avoid the strikeout. That might mean staying back on the offspeed pitch and shooting the fastball the other way. The whole premise of this discussion was todays game illustrates why missing bats is so valuable because balls put in play inevitably find holes. Sometimes those balls put in play find fielders more often then the stats suggest they should and other times, those balls find holes more than the stats suggest they should. Even if someone does have to "skill" to place the ball - there's still a luck factor involved in that outcome. If the other team can't put the ball in play, you eliminate that variable.
  24. I'm pretty sure the first quote in 'bold' isn't true. Shifts have been pretty mainstream since about 2017. We aren't using a spray chart of Bryce Harper from 2016. If the second quote in 'bold' were true - then teams wouldn't shift that batter anymore. You sound like so many casual fans "this is stupid, just hit the ball over there" or "why doesn't he just bunt it?" or "I could hit in the MLB if they shifted me like that". I'm not 100% sure on the % of batters who face a shift, but I'd guess it's 50%+. There simply can't be that many 'stubborn' hitters. And as noted, your experience v. guys throwing 70 MPH doesn't really apply (source - I've played in a men's competitive league for the past 25 years).
×
×
  • Create New...