Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Just so we're clear, I'm not going to bother trying to explain this to you. You're too far gone.
  2. Julian Merryweather (oblique) has been shut down for a couple of weeks. The Blue Jays got some great injury news on Thursday with the potential return of Jordan Romano and Tyler Chatwood from injuries, but Merryweather's news isn't so good. The 29-year-old is dealing with an oblique injury that has him on the IL since April 14, and there's no chance that he'll be able to make a return when he's eligible on Saturday. Unfortunately, this does appear to be a long-term injury for a pitcher that was really impressing before the strain. --------------------------------------- f*** sakes.
  3. Jansen has more career WAR than Vlad too...
  4. Didn't TB start Renfroe in the world series last year? Tsutsugo too? Don't be a f***ing clown.
  5. I'm not trying to make excuses for Biggio - he has to be better (we knew it would be a work in progress), but I wonder if the hand injury is affecting his throwing? They said it wasn't 100%
  6. Why are we emptying the bench?
  7. The f***? He definitely was. He couldn't even catch pop ups last year. My god.
  8. This is the answer to all you guys suggesting we move Vlad to 3rd...
  9. Never in doubt. Classic Dolis inning.
  10. I am a lefty yes. Officially retired now though - just throw batting practice to the boys now.
  11. #1 - a solid defensive first baseman should be expected to 'pick' a very high percentage of throws in the dirt. It's not that hard (source - I've played 1st for like 15 years). #2 - a lot of VERY good defensive shortstops struggle with errors early in their career. It's common. You're going to have to live with it.
  12. Marwin flinched towards 2nd on that hit - I think based on the way Bo swung at that pitch. Don't see that often.
  13. Are you talking about the MLB.com data above? The one that talks about results over the past 20 years? or am I missing something?
  14. I find it kind of shocking based on the product that's on the field (strikeouts galore and few BIP). It would be interesting to see the demographics on the viewership. Is it a younger generation?
  15. That's interesting.
  16. Siddal is great - we need more Siddal, less Buck/Tabby.
  17. Me neither. Seems dumb, but I guess they are trying to protect the integrity of the viewing experience? Although I love seeing position players come in to pitch.
  18. It's amazing to see how little effort it takes him to throw mid 50's. As a U11 coach, I'm fairly sure a lot of my kids are throwing mid 50's with max effort.
  19. In that video, the broadcaster says 'the threshold to do this is 6'. Is there an actual rule on this? or is he making some bad joke or something?
  20. I don't think anyone should be surprised that the Red Sox can mash the ball (unless you though 2019 was a mirage from Devers and that JD was finished). Verdugo, JD, Devers and Bogaerts line up well v. the top 4 on any team in baseball. Vasquez has developed into a very solid catcher too. If they get anything out of Kiki, Frenchy, Renfroe and Marwin - they'll be a dangerous team all year. It's the pitching that should breakdown - although Eovaldi has a new pitch and has looked great so far. If him and Rodriguez will need to stay healthy for them to hang near the top of the division.
  21. You can add Brian McCann to that list as well. Ironically, Martin has the fewest games and PA's out of all these guys - yet has the same career WAR. Personally, I think all 5 probably deserve to get in - they are all Top 15 all-time for catchers. But - I doubt all 5 do get in for one reason or another (I'll say Martin & McCann miss out). Yadi will be a 1st ballot HOFer. There's no doubt in my mind. He's like the Derek Jeter of catchers. I completely agree with him being a 1st ballot HOFer, but it will irk me when Martin and McCann get overlooked.
  22. He faired better than Giolito - jesus, rough outting for him.
  23. I can look this up myself, but if you turn 40 this year (like say September), do you qualify?
  24. I know you never let anything go and admit you were wrong. But if it were time to do it just once, this would be it. Zeuch is balls.
×
×
  • Create New...