Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. So sorry to hear that Hurl. Condolences to you and your family. Sorry to hear how it's affected everyone on this board. I definitely have COVID fatigue, but reading these stories is a good reminder of how difficult it can be and the importance of being diligent.
  2. It's embarrassing that Milone, Zeuch and Roark are all on this team. Fire up Manoah. It's time.
  3. Who was it saying Zeuch wasn't that bad? Horrid. DFA
  4. f*** me. Zeuch in a tie game? WTF?
  5. Holy f*** - MOOKIE.
  6. The guy is a beast. It's really a shame he didn't figure it out and get the opportunity until he was 30.
  7. Braves' Kazmar returns to MLB for 1st game in nearly 13 years https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2155823 That's the type of story they make movies about. Good for him. I hope he gets a couple of hits...maybe a walkout hit to fulfill the dream he's chases for all those years.
  8. WTF? Man I need to buy the MLB channel. Although getting high AF and watching South Park was a pretty awesome Friday night.
  9. Yeah I'd love to see someone retaliate at Tepera and helicopter a bat off his head and then at the press conference talk about how that's just part of the players policing the game themselves. See if Tepera agrees or not.
  10. https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2155139/cubs-tepera-surprised-by-3-game-ban-baseball-has-become-soft Tepera says "Back in the day, matters were settled on the field," Tepera said. "There was no malicious intent. It was a message that we'd had enough." I find this to be such ********. The act of throwing a baseball at someone else on purpose has ALWAYS been childish and stupid. No different then when a star player would get roughed up in hockey and the two enforcers would go fight. If you want to be tough and settle something - walk up and punch Woodruff in the face.
  11. I think it's becoming pretty apparent that Jansen is a backup catcher. I'm leery on trading Kirk when we're in our competitive window (unless/until Moreno is ready and we know he's a starter).
  12. Hey man - I admitted I was wrong - no need to completely rip my inaccurate/s***** opinion to shreads
  13. I agree with this. I definitely voiced my displeasure with Vlad - questioning whether a kid with a trust fund would care enough to put in the effort needed to maximize the talent he had and become a superstar. It wouldn't make a tangible difference in his life if he became a superstar, or just a good player. Vlad showed this offseason he could - I'm very impressed and happy to eat crow. I do hope he can continue with that motivation throughout this career (and honestly, it's probably still a real concern).
  14. Vlad has arrived. Buckle up boys - it's going to be a hell of a ride.
  15. 7 feet outside you stupid f***.
  16. Tabby just called Michael A. Taylor a good hitter. WOW - career wRC+ of 80.
  17. No need to waste time responding to the troll (RobinThicc).....Martin could be playing 3rd for the Jays by September.
  18. This is going about as expected.
  19. People want to see stolen bases and more BIP. They don't want to see pitchers hit/bunt. These are mutually exclusive.
  20. But he is as s***** as Roark. You may not understand what xERA is. Based on the exit velocity and angle off the bat - the ball hit to Palacios typically isn't caught. Zeuch was lucky it was right at someone (and then unlucky Palacios butchered it). Zeuch is awful.
  21. I also wanted to ask the smrt people here. What's the reason for the change. I believe shifts are part of it, but the primary cause is the improvements in pitching isn't it? My friends all seem to blame hitters for not having a 2 strike approach, or for not adjusting to hit the ball the other way (or bunt of course) - but when everyone is throwing 95+....the batters simply don't have that luxury. Hitters have to eliminate certain pitches and locations right? They'll say I'm looking for the ball away and if a pitcher throws it 95+ on the inside corner, they tip their hat. The pitchers simply have too much of an advantage now. Amirite?
×
×
  • Create New...