Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. f*** me. Brutal.
  2. Thanks, I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even know this was a thing. I have the game on now
  3. Packers should pick up DaeSean Hamilton
  4. Lions got two 1st round picks and a 3rd for Stafford, who also makes a s*** ton, is getting old and isn't a perennial MVP candidate. Yes, they had to take Goff back, but still.
  5. Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the MLB Players Association has filed a grievance "stating that MLB did not act in good faith last year to play as many games as possible." According to Sherman's sources, the MLBPA is seeking an estimated $500 million in damages. Major League Baseball, meanwhile, has filed a counter-grievance but would not comment to Sherman on the specifics. This all ties into the looming collective bargaining agreement negotiations this winter, which are sure to be highly contentious. Sherman writes that "MLB would almost certainly factor in the potential of losing half a billion dollars in a grievance into any financial offer" when it comes to the new CBA. Buckle up. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- f*** BOTH SIDES. These ****s better not ruin the league right when the Jays are positioned to be a dominant franchise with sustainable success.
  6. Yeah - I think the Jays have had enough days off lately. That's probably why they're keeping him in there. He also played every game last year if I recall correctly.
  7. This board has a long track record of demoralizing and destroying naïve fans like that. That's what I've always loved about this board. Those with open minds have a chance to learn a s*** TON about baseball, just by reading this board on a daily basis. We want them to stay. Those without typically get frustrated when nobody supports their ignorant views and they typically leave. I think we're up for the challenge. If we're not, we'll roast TL for f***ing things up and then make him undo whatever the hell he did on Google so we can discuss baseball in peace.
  8. We got Teo for a rental of Liriano. We need to reminder ourselves that more often. K% trending in the right direction too.
  9. Do we have any sense of how accurate umpires are in the minors? Are they significantly shittier than ML umpires? or just as s***** as ML umpires?
  10. I can't say I disagree, but I'm still not sure that justifies the risk of signing Walker for 3 years.
  11. Teo is such a fun and easy player to root for. One of my favourites.
  12. You may want to look past the 28 PA's he's had v. LHP this year...
  13. You mean if everyone met or exceeded expectations at the exact same time and nobody got hurt we'd be a good team? That's an incredible take sir.
  14. I believe I said this last time someone said "the stupid FO should have signed Walker - f***ing idiots" - He pitched 67 innings over the previous 3 seasons. - In the very few innings he pitched, he was solid, not specular by any means. - His 'stuff' isn't very good (this isn't Danny Salazar, who's stuff is incredible when healthy). - He ended up getting a 3 year deal! He seemingly 'settled' for a 3 year deal with the Mets. For all we know, he was asking the Jays for 4 years, or 3 years at $30M+ I mean there's a chance the Mets somehow outbid themselves or something - but I have to imagine the Jays were rightfully looking for a 1 year deal with a 2nd year option or something like that and thus were nowhere near what Walker valued himself at. He's walking 4 per inning right now - we should revisit this in about 6 weeks and then again in about 18 months to see if we still regret it.
  15. If anyone f***s with the A's green colours they should be shot and pissed on.
  16. Does anyone know much about the leagues in Japan or Korea? Is the shift used heavily over there now? I don't think their velocity is nearly as high as in North America (but may be trending up?). Have any made any adjustments? I believe the ball they use slightly smaller...which you think would actually increase velocity and favor the pitcher more. I wonder if they have any of the similar challenges that MLB faces. TTO rise, K% increase, less action, too many pitching changes, games taking too long.
  17. Several of the Korean/Japanese players arrived at the wrong time. Many struggle with the higher velocity in north america. These guys would have dominated back in the '90's when velocity wasn't nearly as high.
  18. Sounds like he'd be a great influence on the younger generation . It's hard to fathom that he doesn't realize how f***ing horrendous he is at baseball now. I guess I can appreciate he'd like to be in there against probably the only pitcher in baseball that he still has success against, but trying to tag and take an extra base on a routine fly to LF? As you said - self awareness is negative 7.
  19. are you convinced the vast majority of the league is stupid?
  20. I thought he was pissed he wasn't starting v. Yarbourgh, who he's crushed historically.
  21. Ohtani was dominant tonight - finding his command (1 BB and 62 strikes in 88 pitches). It looks like they moved him to RF when they pulled him from the game. Thought that was interesting....sure beats losing his bat when he comes out.
×
×
  • Create New...