Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I find it interesting that most seem to favor Ray over Matz on this board. I believe I said that if Ray could ever get his BB/9 below 2.5 that he's be a CY Young candidate.....well he's done that and while the current results have been good, there are underlying issues (BABIP allowed is low, LOB% very high - although the HR/FB should also come down). He only has 0.1 WAR so far, whereas Matz is at 0.8. I mean we have to be super happy with both so far this year and I could see us wanting to keep both to be honest.
  2. I was looking at Whiff% being less than the 50 percentile. I believe that means that when he swings, he misses a lot. You are correct about the chase rate.
  3. I think Glasnow's had issues with tipping pitches before. Perhaps he should look in the mirror before he flings s*** at others.
  4. The "Outs Above Average" must be a league wide stat (and not positional). If it were positional, there's probably another bright red dot on that graph. I'm actually surprised he swings and misses so much.
  5. I watched a pretty interesting clip on the MLB Network yesterday regarding offense in baseball (https://www.mlb.com/video/mlb-now-on-boosting-offense?t=mlb-network). Here are some stats illustrating how difficult it is to produce v. high velocity. They believe the solution is to 'blunt' velocity and one of there recommended solutions was to lower the strike zone. They explained the top of the strike zone is technical the mid point between the shoulders and the belt (not sure I even knew that). I think at one point he suggested we make it the belt, but then backtracked a bit and said to just lowering it a few inches. They then showed these stats on high fastballs. This would eliminate the high strike and allow hitters to lay off that pitch (those who can develop the eye to do so). They also talked about the shift and how it continues to get better. They provided the following summary to support that and discusses the merits of implementing restrictions on the shift. I thought it was actually a quality piece from MLB. Thought I'd share.
  6. I think most acknowledge that ideally, Jansen isn't a starting catcher at the ML level anymore. The issue is our best catcher is hurt. I think Kirk was well on his way to taking the starting role before the injury. Reece and Jansen are both backup catchers.
  7. Lefty winning is incredible. Great for the sport.
  8. I think you guys are reading into post game comment ******** too much - and I don't like Montoyo. He makes a glass half full comment after losing their 6th straight game. Baseball is a series of up's and down's. It seems the best approach is not to ride that wave too much - remain even keeled. Can you imagine sitting there answering stupid f***ing questions from reporters? They are taught to just answer it with ******** responses - you're rarely going to get someone who says "there's no excuse, this team is playing like s*** right now. I have nobody left in my bullpen who can get an out because everyone has vaginitis". Personally - I don't give two f***s what Montoyo says to some reporter. It's all nonsense and a gigantic waste of time.
  9. That lineup is stacked if Matt Chapman can return to his elite status.
  10. HS catchers are typically very risky aren't they? It looks like Michael McGreevy would be the college SP available in our range? The reports seems strong with him.
  11. Power hitting CF with great defense is pretty boner inducing... I love the draft, but never know enough about it to provide any valuable insight, but I think what Metafour is suggesting sounds correct. The Jays would have to be in LOVE with Fabian to make the sacrifices necessary to sign him.
  12. Is Keston Hiura broken?
  13. How many PA's does it take for K% to stabilize? Teo's down to 22% over 131 PA's
  14. Everyone who's going to Buffalo take a step forward. Charlie, take a step back.
  15. I'm sure it did. Lots of pressure when the bunt has to be absolutely perfect. We had several opportunities to win that game. In addition to Montoyo being s***, the players didn't execute at all.
  16. Someone pay memmo to have Gibby do a video saying "Mark, I'm ready to return and lead this team to a championship. I don't bunt much and never with 2 strikes because that's f***ing moronic. Send Chucky packing, I'm on my way".
  17. This bunting with 2 strikes is f***ing bizarre.
  18. Sweet JESUS - are Buck and Tabby suggesting that we swing away? What f***ing alternative universe am I in?
  19. I think it's a complete no brainer. Brett Phillips is f***ing horrid. No reason to f*** around with Randy.
  20. Buck seems to think he looks amazing. Interesting how people see completely different things when watching pitchers.
  21. That went between Mejia's legs and Buck and Tabby don't even mention it.
×
×
  • Create New...