Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. The Astros lineup is f***ing scary. Their top 7 hitters all have a wRC+ > 126 and if you exclude Alvarez, the highest K% is only 15.7% If the Jays can't, I kind of hope the Astros put a hurting on teams in the playoffs. End the narrative. Can you imagine being an adult and thinking "I'm going to bring an inflatable trash can and a sign with a trash can and an asterisks on it to the park today - that will be really funny and people will like me". f***ing losers.
  2. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    Aren't most (all) body checks thrown with the player skating with his head up with every intention of throwing a hit? If you watch the Graves hit, he's got his head up and was hunting the Vegas player to hammer him the whole way. He made no attempt to go for the puck at all (which was long gone). If he's jumped off the bench and thrown that hit, would it have been OK? I don't think the 200 foot skate makes any difference.
  3. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    Good lord - that is a horribly written rule. The NHL is such a joke.
  4. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    What's the rule on charging? I thought it was you don't stop skating? I mean he was going full speed, but did stop striding a far distance from Evans. Is there a speed limit when body checking? IMO, it was probably a clean hit as per the rules of hockey. He stopped striding, he didn't jump, he lead with the shoulder to the chest, it wasn't a blindside hit and Evans had just released the puck (it was miles earlier than the Graves hit). I don't follow hockey to know if they've added in a rule that you can't crush someone in a vulnerable position (like the NFL has). It was a completely unnecessary and very viscous hit - but I'm not even sure it should have been a penalty based on the current rules of hockey (and that's a major issue). Fire up the goons though as it will be time for the players to police the game themselves as soon as he returns from suspension.
  5. That's a nice win boys - gritty - stick with it with s***** weather.
  6. I find it funny how some of you s*** all over our franchise SS who is obviously just pressing at the plate right now. Good news that even when he's pressing and swinging at too many bad pitches - Bo can still use his elite bat to ball skills to battle and produce. I suspect that with age, his patience and understanding of what pitches to attach will improve.
  7. Don't forget that Danny Jansen was also "really bringing it" in the minors too...
  8. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    Hey Spanky - what do you think of that hit on Evans (who may have to drink out of a straw for the rest of his life)? I'd say it was cleaner than Graves' hit - but Scheifele probably gets suspended because Evans is injured (which I think he rightfully deserves)
  9. Phelps is done for the year and you have too many 2nd basemen in the lineup TL! Otherwise, looks fine. I don't think there's much of a chance you see them change Bo/Vlad/Teo in the 2/3/4 spots unless something crazy happens.
  10. I have to think most of his bonehead plays were a result of his mind telling him he could do something, but the extra 40+ lbs of gut proving otherwise. He's taking a ton of extra bases this year (he's been a great baserunner so far) - so his mindset didn't change - he's simply way faster now that he lost the weight and able to execute what his instincts are telling him to do.
  11. His ROS projections are all between 111 - 118 wRC+. Obviously we'd rather see it approaching 130, but that's still a quality regular bat. Essentially the same projections as Grichuk has ROS (Grichuk's wRC+ for May was 113, with his BB% plummeting to <2%). Steamers actually projects Tellez to be a better hitter than Teo, Grichuk and Gurriel for ROS... Charlie is obviously batting Panik 6th because he was 6 for his last 7. I don't really have an issue with that in a vacuum, but obviously over the long run, it's really dumb to have Panik hit ahead of Gurriel and Tellez.
  12. 114 wRC+ 9.6 BB% 15.4 K% average/max exit velocity still in the 92nd percentile, barrel % and hard hit % in the mid to high 80's. Everything is trending in the right direction for Rowdy.
  13. He was in the 1 percentile for chase rate last year and it all the way up to the 8th percentile this year! 800% improvement!
  14. They did that after LGJ's home run too - just to weed out those who are prone to seizers?
  15. Armchair time - Romano doesn't have it tonight - do you stick with him with the bases juiced?
  16. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    I disagree on the hit and the penalty issued says as much. If the league doesn't suspend players for those types of hits, then expect to continue seeing goons like Reaves f*** you up after that. Isn't this what hockey people want? They want the players to police the game? Or did this break some unwritten code that suggests you can't attach/maul someone after a whistle, but you can bust their face in with your fists. People are mauled after whistled all the time (and way too much in the playoffs). If Graves doesn't fall, or doesn't get hurt there, there's no suspension. Of course Reaves is a goon. Hockey loves goons - the rules and culture are designed to have goons.
  17. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    f*** - Graves smoked the Vegas player high way after the puck was gone. If the NHL doesn't want Reaves or other players 'policing the game themselves' then throw Graves out of the game after he does ******** like that. I think Graves got lucky that Reaves didn't beat the piss out of him. I also think all that stuff is unnecessary, but the NHL doesn't seem to think so, so this is going to happen. It's interesting that Reaves gets a match penalty for twisting up Graves (looks pretty innocent, but he got hurt on it) - but if he broke his eye socket while fist f***ing him - it would have just been applauded and cheered without consequence.
  18. That's the element we certainly don't know. Is the FO actively working with Charlie to improve his in-game decisions? Do they think he's improving and showing a willingness to change? I certainly hope there are several areas of managing that Charlie (or any manager) is actively working on to improve at all times.
  19. .130 BABIP. BB% and K% are good. He's going to be just fine IMO.
  20. apparently he was on the local bus that got stuck in traffic? who's he think he is - Matt Bonner?
  21. I mean I think Craig's reaction made everyone confused, but even the pitcher and 2nd basemen ended up napping. If either realized what was happening and covered 1st, the catcher just throws it to them to get Baez and the run doesn't count. We definitely should s*** on Craig a lot, but almost everyone on Pittsburgh had a brain fart there. Why was the catcher even covering home...he should have just had his hands up telling Craig to just tag Baez (or go back to 1st base).
  22. Nice to see Machado continuing his good one year, s*** the next pattern.
  23. Aaron Hicks is done for the year.
  24. I thought as soon as you go backwards on a force play, you are out. I could be wrong on that, or perhaps running to 1st isn't considered a force play? The 1st baseman is very stupid. Take 2 steps back and touch first and none of that happens and then even if he's stupid enough to chase Baez backwards - throw it to the catcher sooner.
×
×
  • Create New...