Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Cole is such a douche bag.
  2. Then don't sign people anti-vaxers. f***'em
  3. what? the rosin/sunscreen application is not legal. There's also a very good chance almost everyone in baseball has moved onto something better than that concoction.
  4. It will depend on what the plan is for Springer when he returns. Are they waiting until he has no restrictions and is starting in CF, or ease him back in as a DH. I suspect the later, so there is a good chance Tellez goes down - not because Davis is better, but because Springer will DH often. That said - lots could change between now and then. Always does.
  5. OH - f*** - nevermind then.
  6. That's fair - I always thought Gonzales survived on smoke and mirrors. Isn't it club options each year from 2022-2025? $13M in 2022 and then $16.5M in 2023-2025. If you only have to pick up one club option at a time - I'm cool with that. That might be better than signing Robbie Ray for say 3 years $36M-$40M
  7. I wonder what it would take to land Kikuchi or Marco Gonzales from Seattle. Both off to horrible starts, but under control for another 3-4 years.
  8. Kelenic and Hiura are sent back to the minors. How the f*** can Kelenic's defense be so bad? -2.3 in 23 games?
  9. Remember how much people wanted the Jays to sign DJL?
  10. Yeah I have a little 5 year old who absolutely loves the Blue Jays right now. He knows all the players names and numbers. I can't wait to take him to a game as soon as I can.
  11. You continue to show your ignorance. Tellez was a 30th round pick because he was demanding a large signing bonus out of high school. The Jays took a flyer on him in the 30th and managed to sign him (he skipped college). If I remember correctly, he was considered a 2nd round talent. He struggled in April, but has been contributing just fine ever since, with his BB% and K% approaching his 2020 levels. I'm really sorry he f***ed your mom or sister or whatever it is.
  12. Those all seem pretty appropriate IMO. Except Kirk. Guy posts a 122 wRC+ at the major league level with great BB% and K% and drops? Seems odd, but I guess because of injuries and others rising.
  13. I'm not saying I'd start him over Grichuk or LGJ - but he's been solid since struggling in April.
  14. I feel less sorry for him and the $1.67M he missed out on after reading this. What an idiot.
  15. The insane thing is Corbin Burnes is essentially matching him so far.
  16. Is Alex Cobb good again?
  17. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    That's ******** man. I'm not going to accept that it's OK for *******s to harass people. These people are cowards and pussies - why the f*** would you harass his sister or parents? Do you tell the teenager who's been harassed at school to just ignore them? Is that no real threat too? When does it become a real threat and how can you say that without knowing what they are saying (or how often)?
  18. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    Apparently Scheifele's family is getting threats and being bullied with phone calls and online messages. His parent and his brother and sister. He got emotional talking about it. People are the f***ing worst.
  19. That's a pretty standard view from most fans unfortunately.
  20. When you combine his bat with the massive improvements on defense and the base paths - Vlad is looking a lot like a young Pujols these days. Pujols was larger than life for those first 10-12 years. Interestingly enough, Pujols, Miggy and Votto all really started declining around their age 33 season.
  21. I love Tatis - he's the new face of baseball and maybe one day his defense will catch up with everything else he dominates at. But he's the worst defensive shortstop in baseball right now. 15 errors in 37 games. 36 errors in his 177 career games. Negative 3.1 defensive value on Fangraphs. He makes Bo Bichette look like Ozzie Smith right now and most here wanted Bo removed permanently from SS like 4 weeks ago.
  22. You shouldn't. I think science concluded it actually decreases how hard you can hit the ball.
  23. I feel like I was talking about teams creating their own substances in laboratories and the impact it could be having on baseball like 3-4 years ago and nobody even engaged in the conversation. [pats self on back for being so smart]
  24. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    I don't think it was an elbow at all. The arms come up after impact, which is typical in a follow through. I don't disagree with you - I think Scheifele should be suspended for like 25 games for a hit like that personally. I'm just talking about the nuances of the rule and other situations. If it were 1995 - I suspect most people would say Evans needs to keep his f***ing head up and not put himself in such a vulnerable position. People love the old Wendell Clark hit on Bruce Bell. Was the Scheifele hit significantly worse than the Graves hit? Graves didn't have quite as much speed and the guy he hit didn't go off on a stretcher.
×
×
  • Create New...