Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Any thoughts on what this might include?
  2. This plan better include cupholders on every seat.
  3. Is he still touring to promote ketchup chips?
  4. I honestly don't think you do. It might be disturbing. He voted for Jimmy Rollins FFS. The guy is a clown.
  5. Are you putting Cano in the HOF? His career is almost identical to Jeff Kent (Kent has a few more counting stats). By most accounts Bobby Grich and Utley were better 2nd basemen. I'm also curious why people are against Pettitte. 33rd all time career WAR for pitchers, ahead of Doc, Glavine, Feller, Marichal, Palmer, etc. He also has a pretty impressive playoff record on top of all that. Schilling is 20th all time - I don't care if he's a POS or not, the guy was a f***ing stud and workhorse on the diamond.
  6. Really?
  7. Harrison would be a good utility player option for a winning ball team.
  8. Who you guys voting for if you had a vote? I'm going with: Bonds Clemens A.Jones Ortiz Pettitte Manny A-Rod Rolen Schilling Sheffield Wagner f*** it, I get 11 votes.
  9. He kind of falls into the Mike Mussina category that way. Lance Berkman may also. It's pretty crazy to me that Lance Berkman is statistically the 43rd best hitter of all time, who's career wRC+ is ahead of Miggy and Pujols.
  10. That makes you wonder even more why Jim Edmonds didn't get more votes. He was firmly in the "a good amount of players in there are great hitters + good defenders" category.
  11. No offense, but this is like saying Barry Larkin and Ozzie Smith finished their careers with the same WAR and my impression from watching Barry Larkin 1 game a year was that he was an awesome defensive shortstop too. Andruw Jones was next level defensively. It seems everyone has the oversized version of Jones on the LA Dodgers etched in their memories. I bet more people think of Ken Griffey Jr when they think of amazing defensive CFers instead of Jones, which is a shame.
  12. He's the MVP of the league right now isn't he?
  13. why is that a good thing? you just think it's unnecessary?
  14. Who's the best defensive CF of all time? It's Andruw Jones per the 'stats' and it's not even remotely close. He's 64% better than Willie Mays. Ozzie is only 8.5% better than Mark Belanger. 21% better than Cal. I think Jones belongs in the HOF personally. Excited to see what his son will do too. I also think Lofton and Edmonds should be in the HOF. Rolen too.
  15. Well? I've also never heard of this Duane Ward / Barry Bonds deal. Eduuuumacate me!
  16. I really don't understand this line of thinking. You cherry pick one player and base your comparison on that? Can't I simply say David Ortiz and Nelly Cruz to cancel out your examples and we're squarely back into the "well, I have no f***ing idea how he's going to age as a player" mindset - which is exactly where we should all be?
  17. whoa! bombshell...explain!
  18. What are your thoughts on Trevor Lawrence? Just standard 1st year struggles, but he's still a generational QB and will be a stud? Will things change with Urban Meyer gone?
  19. What a ****. Do we think the college coaches treat the college kids like s*** and verbally and physically abuse them? I wonder if that's the next ball to drop. If they do, then I hope it does.
  20. I didn't realize that (never thought about it), but that sucks balls. I hope Vlad and Kirk hired their own dietician.
  21. The Crime Dog is getting into the HOF at some point.
  22. Oh - well I'm dumn
  23. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-49-prospects-chicago-cubs-2/ How is PCA the 19th best prospect in the Cubs system?
  24. The knee injury may explain why he stopped doing them part way through the year.
×
×
  • Create New...