Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. For f*** sakes - can't they think about the guys trying to book trips to Spring Training 2022?
  2. xFIP was about 3.83 over the past 2 seasons (200 innings) and throws 95 from the left side. That's all I was looking at (didn't really look into sticky stuff changes, but will take your word for it). I'm good with 3 years at like $30M or some 1 year prove it deal - but perhaps my comments are bit ignorant!
  3. Pretty easy to see him getting $27M per year in '22 and '23 and can opt out entering his age 33 season. Seems like a lot of $$ for Stro, even without the long commitment. Why is Chicago doing this? they aren't contending in the next 2 years.
  4. 7 minutes - jesus f***. This negotiation ******** is f***ing stupid. Lock the door and try to resolve something like humans instead of using tactics to get what you want.
  5. He turned down a 1 year $13M option in Seattle to become a FA, so a 1 year deal may cost us $18-$20M unless the market for him completely evaporates.
  6. Jomboy Media (@jomboymedia) • Instagram video WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 3,896 likes, 58 comments - jomboymedia on November 30, 2021: "MLB used two different balls during the 2021 season, a breakdown". This is pretty crazy!
  7. I agree - I actually worry Freddie may impede our ability to be a sustainable winner. But I love him, so f*** it.
  8. where did he project for a 3 year deal? Freddie is going to land a 6 year deal. He's a stud, potential HOFer.
  9. I think you're grasping at straws man. The reason nobody brought up Smith playing 3rd is because that's a terrible option. That must be like the 8th best contingency fall back option for the FO. And I mean that will all due respect - I'd love to see Kevin Smith become a full time player, but we don't have the luxury of that being our first option given our place on the win cycle.
  10. I think you meant Freddie, but I like using that .gif
  11. part time 3rd, part time DH, part time 1st?
  12. Kevin Smith bats right handed and it would be really odd to pencil him in as the starter so you can push Espinal to utility player. Chris Taylor really is a perfect fit as he won't require a 5-6 year deal, or a massive AAV and he could move to 2nd/OF if Moreno sets the world a-blaze and takes over as our starting 3rd baseman.
  13. Who suggested that? We got a top of the rotation free agent starter and a compensation pick instead of just resigning Ray.
  14. I'll trade you my Brett Lawrie jersey for your Donaldson jersey
  15. I think this all hinges on the Front Offices evaluation of Moreno. If they believe he's ready and see him playing a lot of 3rd base, then I could see them go into the year with Moreno at 3rd, Biggio at 2nd and Espinal as the backup. You'd like to see them add a veteran who you could rely on if Moreno fails though.
  16. Perhaps because Gausman's FIP, xFIP, ERA, xERA and fWAR were all better than Ray's in 2021 (and 2020).
  17. Have you actually looked at their stats? Since 2016 fWAR Ray 3.3, 3.3, 0.9, 2.3, -0.4, 3.9 Gausman 3.1, 2.6, 2.3, 1.6, 1.6, 4.8 They are both 2 pitch pitchers - Gausman's shown significantly better command over his career, while Ray's overcome the walks by striking out more. Ray's control was the best of his career (BY FAR) last year, while he had an extremely unsustainable LOB%.
  18. No way I'm doing that for 2 years of Ramirez.
  19. This is an interesting idea. Moose and Suarez are only signed until 2024 (and both have club options for 2025). If you could drastically reduce the cost to acquire Mahle buy 'taking' either of them and their contracts, that might be an interesting way to fill 2 holes without sacrificing the farm, or handing out a long term commitment. Moose, as a lefty might 'fit' the need better, but Suarez, if you could fix him, has massive upside (and only costs $11.2M AAV). I'd love to find a way to get Nick Senzel included also. The Reds must be ready to give up on him. Any thoughts on what Mahle + Suarez would cost the Jays if they 'ate' all of Suarez's contract?
  20. Your prediction had Semien to Seattle. Not Texas.
  21. I'd still be OK with Kikuchi be signed to a 2-3 year deal to be our 5th starter.
  22. Jon Gray to Texas. 4 years $56M.
  23. Awesome! Now go get Gray or Rodon.
×
×
  • Create New...