Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,072
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. 3 WAR made Soriano the 25th ranked starter in MLB last year. That would seem to make him more than a solid #3/4.
  2. Yeah that's fair. I'm just saying we can do a bit of both. We don't seem to be selling for a bunch of A ball players. The guys we got can contribute right now.
  3. You can take the brackets away from Ponce's name. He's most certainly in the rotation next year if the knee is healthy, which it's expected to be. That's a nice looking rotation, although walks will be frustrating.
  4. I think the industry continually reports he has the ability to stick at SS and be above average. The best thing about Nimmala has always been his age v level. He's held his own offensively v kids who are on average 2-3 years older - which is historically a big indicator of future success. I wonder if the Angels will move Neto now. Lots of rumours of that.
  5. It's a classic buy and sell move. Several teams have successfully done this recently. The moves are focused on building for the next few years, but the new players can also contribute this year and if we get hot, who knows what can happen. Tigers trade Flaherty to the Dodgers a few years ago and went in a run. It happens. Low probability, but it has.
  6. Soriano is a lot like Cease. If he learns to attack the strike zone better, there's more juice to squeeze out of him.
  7. Hey guys - we really should just blindly trust Atkins - he knows what he's doing. We essentially won the World Series last year. Why are we questioning this Blue Jay legend? 🤣 I do like that we got a CFer. He may not be anything, but we are very short on CF talent in the upper minors. Strong side platoon CFer would be incredible. 4th OFer who's cheap and under control for 6 years would be fine - but there is clearly a decent probability he's neither. Blah. I also like the plan to cut salary to avoid the 10 pick penalty.
  8. 15% discount on the 2 can dine for $19.99 quarter chicken meal deal.
  9. Just an awful year to be "out of it". We have all kinds of useless AAAA guys we could have unloaded for top talent if we were making a push for a title.
  10. Not an exciting return, but Popkins has helped a number of slap hitters increase their bat speed and power. Jays obviously like guys with a good approach and bat to ball skills - and think they can help them find their power. I don't think keeping him for nothing made sense, but some toolsy guy like Alcantara would have been fun (although his 30% k rate is gross)
  11. Oh I absolutely love watch Max pitch outta that. The end is near for this legendary horse - so I'm going to enjoy the last bit of greatness. Love that JS gave him the opportunity.
  12. Yeah I just looked up these 3. Yikes.
  13. Can you elaborate? You mean the # of moves? Or how they have to match salaries?
  14. I wouldn't say regardless, but I definitely think there will be several suitors willing to pay up for his services. He's been dominant and there are like 3 teams selling. I agree there is value in keeping for next year, but we can find other solutions with the $12M he'd due.
  15. Nirmala hit another bomb today too.
  16. MLB Network (@mlbnetwork) • Instagram photos and videos WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 6,981 likes, 209 comments - mlbnetwork on July 31, 2026: "Greg took a look inside his crystal ball... how many trades will... How awesome would the deadline be if half of these trades happen? Let's have a wild deadline with so many teams still in it. I can't wait for the playoffs.
  17. Hopefully a fresh start helps him. I think he was good in the 2nd half last year and into the playoffs and was solid in the WBC this spring? I was hoping he'd breakout with the bat. Rooting for him.
  18. I can't say I'm surprised, but I would love to see what teams would offer...
  19. He needs to show people he's healthy and hot at the plate over the next few days so we can trade his ass.
  20. That's fair - I think that's a reasonable approach if they Jays aren't offered something of value.
  21. You want to give him $23M this offseason? That's pretty big risk. Would depend on his medicals and how likely the team thinks he can regain his form.
  22. Jacob Melton, Ty Johnson, Jonny DeLuca seem like solid targets?
  23. Yeah they did - I was going to say that as well. It was an incredible run to watch. Dude was a horse.
×
×
  • Create New...