Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,072
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I have and incredible news flash for you. Losing is fine these days. Nobody cares except dumb fans.
  2. Why are you so angry and surprised? We're out of it. Expecting them to manage it like it's a must win is silly. I have no issues with seeing whether or not Little can find it. Highly unlikely he does - he sucks, but the stuff has always played.
  3. Yeah I have a pipe dream of trading Gausman, Varsho and Hoffman to the Phillies for Crawford and like Obermueller+ Does Painter still have upside? Dombrowski loves making big trades and isn't afraid to give up prospects.
  4. Gausman has been a f*ckin horse for this team. Incredible FA signing. Hope he finishes strong and has all kinds of success in the playoffs this year. Wish him nothing but the best. I'd take him back on a 2 year deal no problem.
  5. Red Sox clearly believe Mead and his breakout season is for real. 134 wRC+ at age 25 with some thump with great BB% and K%. He's their new Devers. Awesome trade - will be interesting to see how it plays out over the next 4-5 years.
  6. Barf. I hope this doesn't become his downfall. He was just hitting his stride in the bigs and he filled a huge role on this team as a young, affordable, versatile player - who has all-star upside. It's a massive loss for this team. I hope he can return back to 100% and maintain his upside. I know you can't bet on prospects - they are unpredictable, but I don't think you can understate how good he was in the playoffs last year. The probability he'd become an above average starter was probably 60-70% heading into the season.
  7. You guys blaming the decisions in the game are hilarious. Season is over. Finding out what we have and putting guys in uncomfortable situations to see what happens. If Schneider isn't doing that - then he's failing. Adjust how you expect to see games played, or just stop complaining (which I know will be hard for most).
  8. Isn't this true for almost every player? Kirk is still in his prime - you have to bet on him being a solid starter moving forward. Injuries have surely impacted him this year.
  9. This just isn't true. Bad take. Kirk is signed long term and is a very solid player even when the bat isn't going. If BV lands you a controllable CFer - you trade from a position of strength and you bet on Kirk remaining a strong starting catcher. Nothing is guaranteed, but we need a starting CFer. BV is slightly underutilized as a backup catcher.
  10. While true - he quit when he got drafted. It's not like he got an MLB tryout after impressing with the Bananas.
  11. We should be getting a look at him the 2nd half of this season. Excited to see what he can do.
  12. I 100% would - even if they 1000% intend on competing in 2027. You can go buy another closer to replace Varland. Mason Miller cost Leo De Vries, who's a Top 5-8 in MLB. If you get something close to what the A's got for Miller, you sell and buy another closer. This team needs it's next young, controlled superstar. You have to listen.
  13. Wow - now that's an interesting one. Peters is under control until 2032 and appears to be legit defensively in CF. He's 26, so you get his prime years, but his minor league numbers suggest the bat isn't this good (perhaps not nearly this good), so there's risk there. Oddly enough, you could say the same thing about Valenzuela - they are very similar that way - the body of work, with this success offensively is very small. The underlying numbers from Peters don't really move the needle - and likely suggest he isn't a 120 wRC+ hitter. But could he be a 105 wRC+ hitter? He'd still be valuable at that. I actually like it. Trade from a position of strength with a probability that you're selling high on what likely amounts to a very good backup catcher (which he was always expected to be). It's a tough pill to swallow - I love what BV has brought and think there's a decent chance he can start at the ML level - but CF is going to be a really hard position to fill, with very few options. This would plug a big hole and allow us to spend FA money on positions with more depth and options. Kirk is our man behind the dish anyway and we just added 2 new catching prospects within the system. To be honest - this is a great option for the Jays. We can include Varsho for a lottery ticket too if the Sox want to fill the hole Peters leaves - make it a bigger trade... Unfortunately, the White Sox have Teel and Romo, who are both young, highly talented catchers, so I doubt this happens - but I think you're onto something. Trading BV for a young, controllable CFer should be explored.
  14. Obviously - but I'll take this all day. B2B great outings coming out of the AS break is exactly what we need. We might get more than a bucket of balls for him now.
  15. I'm with Org on this one. I think most of your feelings that Donny has "been there and done that" and thus that makes him much better than managers who didn't play in the big league, or who have less experienced is an extremely flawed view. I won't discredit what Donny and the Phillies have done since he arrived, but there's often no justification for it. To suggest Donny is some miracle manager just doesn't seem believable. I keep saying this, but baseball is full of unpredictable and unexplainable swings - often with a lot of luck involved. People may not like hearing that, but I think it's true. I hope Donny is enjoying all of this - it must be a ton of fun with his son being the GM.
  16. agreed - it would be mildly disappointing. He could compete for the start SS role by Spring 2028.
  17. It is wild. I don't think anyone here thought Donny Baseball was good at anything. You also have no idea if Donny is a yes man or not. He is working for his son now. You think he's consistently pushing back and going against what he wants? Unlikely
  18. Nimmala seems to be adjusting to AA pretty well - 122 wRC+ as a 20 year old. The wRC+ and K% is essentially the same as it was in A+. BABIP is inflated and the ISO has dropped a bit, so it may be a bit of a mirage, but he's sustained a lot of his BB%, which is encouraging. For a player who has initially struggled when moving up a level, I think it's encouraging. This seems to be a very good season of development for him. Exciting stuff.
  19. This is far too mature of a thought for this board.
  20. I suspect he may be willing to waive the no-trade to accept a trade to the Brewers. Nobody else on the list seems to be a potential fit anyway, outside of the White Sox - and it will be interesting to see how aggressive they are.
  21. Yikes - my trade target Justin Crawford also has a horrible arm.
  22. Best hitter in baseball. Sadly, he's what we thought we were getting in Vlad after the 2021 season.
  23. Is arm strength percentile based on players who play CF? Or all defensive players? I'd be shocked that there are that many CFers with a worse arm. It must be all positions so it includes all the useless 1st and 2nd baseman who can't throw?
  24. Sam Shaw is having a good year at A+ at age 21. 154 wRC+ in 142 PAs overall. Walking and striking out at a 22% clip.
  25. We should probably get a look at Jay Harry before this season is over. He might be the best internal option we have unless we're willing to role with Lukes in CF next year...
×
×
  • Create New...