Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,072
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Reminds me of when they made the trade for CC...
  2. Yeah - generally. I used Pivetta simply because he was something who hadn't really had a breakout season prior to reaching free agency, but he was coming off B2B good seasons, with some indicators that there was potential for "more". I think that's what people will see in Mize. I don't think he's going to get $25M AAV. Maybe he gets 3 years $60M? I think most of the other comps thrown out there had much stronger track records and/or have already had breakout seasons.
  3. Zach Ehrhard (LAD) and Josiah Ragsdale (MIL) both seem like they have potential to play CF. I love both of those targets. Ehrhard probably has 5 OF prospects in front of him in the Dodgers system - let's steal him.
  4. I don't see comparisons to Ranger Suarez, Valdez, King, Eovaldi, etc. Pivetta's a good comp and he got 4 years $55M. I can't imagine a world where Mize gets $100M+ after posting a 2.4 and a 3.5 WAR season (this year aid by a low BABIP and HR/FB%). He's certainly not a target at that price - even if his statcast page is pretty red this year (for the first time in his career).
  5. Any thoughts on what he'll get as a FA this offseason? 3 years, $50M?
  6. I was thinking he might be a good guy to target as a FA this offseason. He hasn't really had that breakout season yet, but has pitched well the past couple of years. But the Stuff+ is dropping (89 on the year), so I'm not so sure he's a great target. But I do expect he'll be moved at the deadline and might fetch something useful.
  7. 100% - that's the game of baseball these days. You have to throw harder to have success. You risk injury for the chance to dominate and get paid.
  8. It certainly seems like a swing path issue.
  9. I'd suggest you don't get worried about this with prospects. Especially shortstops, as they have as much ability as anyone to move positions. Reports do suggest Nimmala is a legit SS, but Parker is likely moving to 3rd at some point. Bergolla could also settle in as an affordable, cost controlled utility infielder (who on average get 400-450 PA's a year anyway).
  10. I support this idea.
  11. I don't know if you're aware, but it's really you v. everyone else here - notice how nobody comes to your defense? It's only the GDT mouth breathers (that most have on ignore) that support what you say on regular basis. Those are the same people that support what you say on Reddit. The fact you suggest that anyone who disagrees with you is a boot licker is a great example of how ignorant you are.
  12. Exactly. If you prefer the conversation there better - than just stay there. @Jays24- are you trying to show us their responses to prove just show smart and accepted your views are? That's really sad. I think it's widely known and accepted that places like Reddit and Facebook are full of ignorant fans who know little to nothing about the game. If you enjoy that environment, then I'm happy for you, but don't misconstrue that as evidence that you're right and we're wrong. I think you may be overestimating how much people value and appreciate your contributions here.
  13. Tigers are promoting Max Clark to the majors. He hasn't lit up AAA, but he's the #5 prospect in baseball. Excited to see what he can become.
  14. CBS Sports (@cbssports) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 9,139 likes, 44 comments - cbssports on July 28, 2026: "He spent $12,000 out of his own pocket to keep his MLB dream... That's an awesome story. Well done Brian Keller. Dream come true.
  15. Yeah - I see that high BABIP. It's been lower at AAA at least, without a drop in production (wRC+ and ISO remain strong). BB% is up and K% is down in AAA also - which is positive. I think he's earned a look.
  16. Chris Sale just continues to be a beast. Kudos to him. I must say I LOVE seeing star players age gracefully. It's just so fun to see them push back father time. Sale threw 48.1 innings between 2020 and 2022 and followed it up with a subpar 2023 (for his standards), but he's found that fountain of youth every since - probably solidifying his spot in the HOF. That's awesome stuff - I hope he has another couple great years in him.
  17. Not much chatter about this yet, but I'm happy to see Hoffman's HR/9 dropping back in line with his career norms (as a RPer). Funny how those things seem to work themselves out.
  18. Certainly feels like we should get a look at him here at some point. He's had a great season and it would be a really pleasant surprise if he could be a ML utility player.
  19. I wonder if Springer is becoming a valuable trade chip. Teams need RH power hitters. Springer since: May 15th - 116 wRC+, .195 ISO June 1st - 125 wRC+, .196 ISO June 15th - 132 wRC+, .215 ISO Gotta wonder what his season looks like if he didn't break his toe early. George is still a stud. Proven playoff performer and clubhouse leader. It's probably not a Top 100 prospect, but he could fetch us something interesting. Selfishly, I'd love to see George re-sign with the Jays and go year by year and retire a Jay - but I think we move him if we can get something of value. I'd be open to having him back in 2027 too (yes we'd still need to add something more substantial offensively - not suggesting this is our FA 'fix').
  20. Just sayin' - we traded for Bieber last year without him pitching a single game at the ML level. We're not getting a Top 100 prospect for him, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone gives us a lottery ticket to find out if he can round into form...
  21. The Cubs seem like a good landing spot for Gausman - even Bieber. Their starting pitching leaves a lot to be desired. Kevin Alcántara seems like an obvious target. Ethan Conrad and Kane Kepley would also be of interest.
  22. I can safely say that almost every regular disagrees with most of what you say. A lot of people just choose not to engage with you because it's a waste of time. You know that right? You honestly think you're part of some "new guard" group here? From my perspective, you're essentially on your own in most cases - jaysblue used to support you a lot, but even he's distanced himself from a lot of your views.
  23. I hope you're right. I think there's a chance that the league has adjusted. He wasn't good offensively in the minors - so there's a good chance his early offensive success isn't sustainable.
×
×
  • Create New...