Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,084
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I guess that's true. Except you're in Buffalo, instead of vacationing in Florida or Arizona. Oh and except the starters and top prospects actually play at spring training (imagine being in Atlanta and Michel Penix Jr. doesn't play a single snap in a preseason game). I do enjoy a good tailgate though - I'd probably enjoy it even more if I lived in Buffalo.
  2. I would agree with this. I suspect the probability Vlad can provide even slightly below average defense at 3rd base over a full season is <20%. I think he's defensively Jake Burger at 3rd. Do I think they can hide him at 3rd like 25% of the time if they want to play that game with all kinds of late game defensive subs.
  3. There's no way we sign Soto. You think it's in the best interest of the team to outbid the league for guys like Bregman, Santander, Walker, Teo and/or Alonso? I suspect the market for these guys is going to make everyone's butt clench up. I could see Bregman and Alonso getting 5-7 year deals and the other three getting 3 year deals and they are all hitting the decline portions of their careers. I'm not so sure that dumping money at these guys is the right path forward for the Jays. Santander, Teo and Alonso may all be DH's in a year or two (if they shouldn't already be full-time DH's). IMO, the probability the Jays can buy their way back into the playoffs next year aren't very good.
  4. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/calculating-war-using-re24/ Interesting little article from Fangraphs on RE24 based WAR. I'd always thought that "when" you get the hits was somewhat outside of the batters control (hence why it's really hard to be "clutch" year after year), but that's essentially what RE24 is based on. Curious what others think. This metric suggests Vlad (3.74) and Varsho (3.65) are similar in WAR because Varsho has been so "clutch" this year.
  5. I just read this "Pirates manager Derek Shelton said that Oneil Cruz will start seeing some time in center field. It makes some sense. The talented 25-year-old has a -3 Outs Above Average at shortstop this season and has a -13 mark for his career. If you prefer Ultimate Zone Rating (UZR) then he has a -3.4 mark in that and if you like Error Runs Above Average (ErrR) then he sits at -3.9. Essentially, he has been a below-average shortstop, and the Pirates are recognizing that. Cruz is 6'7" which is not common for centerfielders, but moving to the outfield is likely the best chance for Cruz to remain on the field as an everyday player for the long term. There’s no indication of how soon this will take place" Will IKF take over at SS?
  6. I have no idea what's changed. Could be something he did on his own this offseason, could be working with new coaches, or could be random statistical SSS noise.
  7. I was going to just let it go, but I agree. If I've followed this correctly, they are dunking and claiming victory that the org heard Bassitt's comments and wanted him to clarify himself. Yeah no s***. That's like a grown man dunking on a Little Tykes basketball net. I've yet to see any evidence that Bassitt put his tail between his legs and retracted his original intent because the org told him to (or else!). I mean, he might have - but there's a chance that his clarification is exactly what he meant too. The case remains wide open IMO...likely never to shut.
  8. How did the Pirates fix Joey Bart? 133 wRC+ in over 200+ PA's now. He couldn't even hit at AAA while he was with the Giants.
  9. Yeah - I'd be in favour of that. He's a mess - let's give some at bats to other young players.
  10. Can you clarify what victory you're claiming? That Bassitt was being critical of the FO and thinks they are s***, but was forced to backtrack on his comments by the FO? Is that it?
  11. He's coming back out. I can't see him getting to the end though (unfortunately). Hoping for a quick 5-6 pitch inning!
  12. No - I wasn't. I played fantasy sports for about 15 years, but I don't have time for it anymore.
  13. Donnie probably can't run an ipad. The hitters typically want to see video of themselves. It also doesn't seem unreasonable that Hague would be the hands on guy who does the grunt work.
  14. boy - I wonder why.
  15. Do we even know exactly what Donnie's role even is? I mean I'm certainly not surprised that there aren't articles about Donnie working with hitters, using resistance bands in the cages. I thought he looked after the offensive gameplan/approach or some s*** like that.
  16. What on earth is wrong with that statement? Loperfido has obvious holes in his swing, which is the primary reason he was available as a secondary piece in a trade for a rental in Kikuchi in the first place.
  17. Dodgers designated Jason Heyward for assignment. Even great FO's make these type of mistakes. Houston sign Neris Reds sign Dom Smith
  18. Big development for the Jays. He's up to a 89 wRC+. If he's a 100-110 bat, then he'll be a big part of the Jays future.
  19. and their hitting coaches can't fix Julio...Castro Bros already identified why he can't hit - Castro Bros (@castro_bros) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 553 likes, 17 comments - castro_bros on August 21, 2024: "Three talented players but one of them is not in the right mechanics 😔🫡 Julio rodriguez need to clean all that extra move 👀 #softball #softballlife #softballdrills #softballstrong #fastpitch #softballlove #softballsisters #miami #florida #fastpitchsoftball #fastpitchlife #baseballmom #baseballlife #baseballisback #baseballseason #baseballboys #baseballplays #baseballlove #baseballfan #hitting #hittingdrills #hittingpost #hittingcoach #hittingmechanics #hittingbombs #hittinggoals #hittinginstructor #texasbaseball #californiabaseball".
  20. What's ironic is that if Swanson wasn't on the Blue Jays, he'd probably be the type of guy we'd identify as a good bounce back candidate for 3-4 million next year. Yates hadn't been good since 2019 Hudson is 37 and pitched 3 innings last year Ottavino is 38 and sucked last year Swanson had 2 good seasons prior to this one, the velo is the same, the results are not. He did deal with some very difficult family situations in the spring, plus a strained elbow (I think) - but no idea if that still has any impact. He's probably a decent candidate to rebound.
  21. E60 (@espne60) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 309 likes, 28 comments - espne60 on August 18, 2024: "The debate rages on - should Armando Galarraga’s name be added to the list of pitchers who threw a perfect game? E60's ‘28 Outs: An Imperfect Story,' premieres today at 4 PM ET on @ESPN, streaming later on ESPN Plus.". 28 outs - Armando Galarraga doc
×
×
  • Create New...