Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,082
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Congrats to the Dodgers. That was a f***ing great series to watch. Kudos to the Padres - they are a fun, good team. But karma for Machado - guy is a loser.
  2. Yeah - a shorter STing would be nice too. I'd certainly like to see the DS increased to 7 games. They could also just reduce the number of off days in each series. I shouldn't say I don't like the grueling NHL playoffs - it's that they extend into July that gets me.
  3. Yeah - they need a solution to this IMO. I really do hate how long the MLB and NHL playoffs drag out. There are a lot of pros and cons to the current setup, where it's a crapshoot more than ever before. I haven't seen the stats recently, but suspect homefield advantage is still somewhat of an actual advantage. If you wanted to reward teams for regular season records more, and reduce how much of a crapshoot things are, you could give them more home games as has been suggested. I'd be curious if that's actually a concern for MLB. Perhaps the OMG Mets and a shitbag Tigers team that sold their #2 starter at the deadline, winning in the playoffs is good for baseball? Everyone loves an underdog story, so maybe they like it this way.
  4. SSS, but his best season was actually 2020 when he had Yan Gomez protecting him in the lineup. Judge just had one of the best seasons of all time with 116 wRC+, double play magnet, Giancarlo Stanton "protecting" him.
  5. 100% Volpe trying to de-escalate the situation. Jazz runs over trying to pour gas on it like a moron.
  6. You're a lot better at this than I am. You must be a Wordle master!
  7. Fry with a huge pinch hit HR. Unreal. Give me Game 5 all day long.
  8. That's very true. Beats me.
  9. And of course Zach McKinstry and his 75 wRC+ is going to go deep to tie it. I keep wondering if the Tigers are going to get bit in the ass for trading Jack Flaherty, but they may not. Imaging saying out loud "Vogt may have waited too long to pull Bibee" when he's facing a career 79 wRC+ hitter who hit 4 HRs this year.
  10. I wouldn't expected that, but bi-weekly, bi-sexual, bilateral, etc. - you can see how the "Bi" is pronounced "bye" in Bibee.
  11. Unreal matchup. Love it.
  12. 100% Unless you can get him back on that beautiful juice again! There is absolutely no guarantee with any of these old catchers. I don't have an issue with throwing $1M - $2M at one and hoping for the best.
  13. Man - go f*** yourself. I asked legitimate questions and made a valid point to someone who just throws out mindless opinions like "brutal asset management". If you can attack me for that, then be prepared to take it back.
  14. Yeah - I remember reading how he went from absolutely crushing fastballs (and meatball fastballs) to being well below average on those pitches in 2022/23. He found a way to correct that this year I believe.
  15. What would you have done differently? Extend Jansen? Trade Jansen for MUCH less and have no current CFer? We've had good catching depth for the past 10 years (since signing Martin). Depth at different positions is going to go in cycles and we do have Kirk for another couple of years.
  16. I think everyone sees that logic, but there are lots of actual results (and studies I believe) that prove otherwise. Getting walked really helps your team. I guess the issue would be if you're Javy Baez and you simply can't walk and take advantage of being worked around? I think it exists, just MUCH less than people naturally think.
  17. Any insight into what was injured? Knee again? There is some documented changes in his swing - I wonder if those were related to an injury, or if he just fell into a bad habit (or bad coaching).
  18. My bad - I thought you were suggesting a lot "superstars" fall into this variable pattern.
  19. That is correct.
  20. Brilliant managing. We need a manager like Dave.
  21. It's been a painful stretch for sure. What is hilarious is that lots of teams who are winning in the playoffs right now also didn't address several of the perceived "holes" the Jays had the last 3 years. I'll repeat this - KC is starting Yuli Gurriel and Detroit is rolling with bullpen days, starting guys with negative WAR. Several teams are starting 4 or 5 guys with wRC+'s below 95. As they say - that's baseball.
  22. What a pivotal inning for Lugo there. He looked completely lost, almost as many balls as strikes. Loads the bases with 1 out and Soto/Judge coming up. Manager decides to leave him in (after pulling him in a similar situation in the WC round). He escapes, only giving up a sac fly to Soto. Is that smart managing? lucky managing? poor managing? I feel that was a situation where there is no real right answer. The manager just makes a decision and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There's no skill to it - it's just a flip of a coin.
  23. We'd need one of them to play 3rd. We have a lot of options at 2nd.
  24. 100% I hate to say this, but this was a missed opportunity by the Jays. The AL teams f***ing blow this year and a World Series appearance was ripe for the taking. If we rolled in with our 2021 or 2022 team this year - there's a good chance we're looking at a trip to the World Series (acknowledging the playoffs are a crapshoot).
×
×
  • Create New...