Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Void if any sort of evidence, this doesn't really mean much to me. Sorry. Dante also left the Jays in Feb 2022. I wonder if the abilities of the players on the team have anything to do with the performance of the offense...
  2. Jays offense was one of the best in baseball for 2021 and 2022, I think it's reasonable to give Martinez 2023 and 2024 before firing him at the end of the year. Texas was great in 2023 and pulled the plug on the guy early into 2025. Just a little faster hook than Toronto had. I'll be curious to see if it makes any difference in Texas.
  3. It feels like you shouldn't have to explain this...
  4. Ironically, when people started calling for the Jays to fire all their hitting coaches, I believe Ecker's name came up often as someone people thought was a great hitting coach who was on the leading edge. I could be wrong about that...but Texas was a Top 5 offense in 2023, so the timelines make sense. And we already brought in a new hitting coach this year in Popkins. You want him fired after 34 games? That's savage.
  5. Javy Baez is back from the dead perhaps? 1 WAR on the year already and a 139 wRC+ Castro Bros did a breakdown of the changes he's made in his swing, which suggests there's a higher chance this is sustainable. Huge for the Tigers really.
  6. I mean that's fair to a point, but I think it was still in the realm of a reasonable decision. Yimi either gets him out or he doesn't. He went with the vet who's been a beast so far this year over the wild youngster in Yariel. Very hard to put Yariel into a bases loaded situation IMO. He's just too unpredictable. It didn't work out. The Jays will blow saves this year. Everyone does.
  7. After the sh*t show in his last outting, they may have felt it was important for him to finish on a high note. But I do generally agree, sneaking another couple of outs from Gausman would have been ideal.
  8. Oh I think that's a bit harsh. I think Yimi gives us the best chance to win that game, even if he's gassed. Only other guy I'd consider over him in that situation is Little and I think he's been used a ton lately as well.
  9. Dude, he's thrown in 2 of the last 3 days and the first was a 2 inning outting. And he clearly was running on fumes last night. He correctly wasn't available.
  10. That is massive. Our 4th OFer folks. Stud
  11. Pretty sparse crowd here tonight... I am crushed in a private box. LOL
  12. F*cking right Jays! Extend Varsho! Perfect timing, as I'm heading to the game tomorrow on a party bus and watching from one of the suits. Fans should be having fun after watching these past 2 games. We may never lose again!
  13. Interesting - I should have checked that. But he's going on about 750 PA's with a wRC+ of 92. Semien may also be done as an above average offensive player...
  14. is Adolis García washed up?
  15. I saw that last night. Frightening, but as noted, it's hard to understand how or why that happened. When I took the Wrigley Field tour, they said the "bleacher bums" used to run along the top of the wall - racing from each end towards CF with the winner getting a beer. Unfortunately, they used to fall onto the field regularly, which required the game to stop, while an ambulance came onto the field to take them away. That's why they installed the baskets at Wrigley. They also made the top of the wall a "peak" so nobody could run along it anymore.
  16. We're back baby! The Vlad/Kirk/Varsho/Gimenez core will lead us to the promise land!
  17. It's hard to comprehend that none (0) of the Buffalo boys can hit. Roden, Barger, Wagner, Schneider, Loperfido, Clement, Orelvis, Clase, Lukes. Not 1 can even be a reasonable platoon bat in the majors. At best, we might have a couple defensive utility players whom you don't want starting for an extended period. It must be extremely frustrating for them. They dedicate themselves to this sport for the past decade, work their way up to AAA and actually have a lot of success. Then they get to the majors and their hopes and dreams are crushed. They make Ryan Goins look like Barry Bonds offensively. How depressing. At least Little and Fluharty look like they might be solid bullpen arms. Doubt it will last though. Little probably gets TJS next week and Fluharty will probably be walking 7 per 9 in AAA by the end of May.
  18. I certainly jinxed it. Blame me. And blame the c*nts writing articles showing us all the changes he made to his swing/approach and the early exit velo improvements. I ought to have known that nothing good ever happens to the Jays.
  19. Is anyone else having issues with this site? I'll be reading the last response and the page like "resets" and boots me back to the top of the page and then the scroll bar on the right disappears for a second or two with f*cking popups or something. Watching the Jays makes my eyes bleed - can I not at least enjoy complaining about them on my favourite website in peace? @Brock Beauchamp
  20. Moving ahead of the Jays isn't exactly some monumental achievement.
  21. 100% - Roden to AAA immediately please. He needs development.
  22. It's unlikely to matter. Leafs will be playing Thursday and the dome should be empty.
×
×
  • Create New...