Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I enjoy seeing Barger get some regular playing time. Curious to see what he can be.
  2. That's probably worse than being told to play 1st base...
  3. Very odd situation. My initial reaction is he's a spoiled brat. Do what you're asked to do to help the team - especially when you're clearly a below average defender at 3rd. But - I do think you have to understand the communication before you draw that conclusion. The team needs to articulate the plan to Devers and gain his support/respect. Then if they want to change the plan, they again need to speak with him and help him understand why it's changed. That's what leadership does. If they've done that and he still refuses and then runs his mouth to the media, then f*ck him!
  4. I was thinking that this morning... Hey don't worry Brock. If everything works out, people will care about the Jays in 2029 again. You'll get a return on your investment then...
  5. We're now projected to win 79 games, 5th last in the AL and even that seems like the projects are still artificially inflated by pre-season expectations. Remember when the projection systems thought the entire lineup was going to be > 100 wRC+?
  6. I think it's a small miracle we're even 16-20. I think it's just the baseball gods evening things out. Those loses are more likely to be the difference between the 5th overall pick and the 10th overall pick.
  7. Something certainly changed in 2024... 2023 ISO - 0.043 2024 ISO - 0.243 2025 ISO - 0.364 The samples sizes aren't large, but that's a massive change. He mustn't have gotten the memo from Donnie Baseball yet. Looks like Loperfido did with his little slap base hit to the other field.
  8. I'm not. The best indication of future injury is past injuries and Ricky is made of glass. What do you think the probability he'll ever be a regular starting pitcher at the ML level? I guess he could become a Glasnow type? Seems more likely his ceiling is Josh Hader, but I think the chances of hitting that are <10% too. The floor really low. I guess if that's what makes you a Top 100 prospect, that bar is pretty low these days.
  9. Good luck getting Rogers to waste another $5M - $10M on this roster. They aren't morons. THE SEASON IS OVER. Every decision from here on out should be based on evaluating players within the org and setting up certain players to gain value for trade near the deadline. And for f*ck sakes, don't run Hoffman/Garcia out there every other day and destroy their arms to "try" and win another meaningless game.
  10. The probability he becomes a starter at the ML level must be <10% at this point. Every bullpen arm throws 95+ now. At best, he might be a closer? Doesn't seem like Top 100 prospect to me. I suspect he'll throw some innings for us during a rebuild - probably suck and then we'll ship him off ala Pearson.
  11. It might be best if we don't have GDT's moving forward. Save people's sanity.
  12. I don't understand why anyone would put Ricky T in a Top 100 list. He's thrown like 4 innings in the past 3 years. Are you sure that's not a typo and it should be: Nimmalla 8 Tiedemann 595
  13. Sounds like the cleanup hitter we need!
  14. The only thing worse than watching the Jays these days MUST be writing about them. Kudos to the guys pumping out articles day after day about this sh*tty team for minimal views...
  15. Because if he's lucky, he'll be a 4th or 5th OFer at the ML level and needs to learn how to remain somewhat useful while never playing. That's my guess at least. In the meantime, can someone show him how to hold a bat property?
  16. The only reason Toronto could use him is to trade him at the deadline...
  17. Fast forward to the deadline. Maybe Bo will have 3 HRs by then and we can get another 35 FV AAAA type prospect for him! Then fast forward to 2029 when this team is able to contend again. Almost everything in between is going to be difficult to watch boys.
  18. I also remember Robbie Ray.
  19. Imagine a world where good things happened to the Jays once in awhile. It would be nice wouldn't it?
  20. I'd never heard of Gage Stanifer - now I have. Thanks!
  21. Yesavage, Stephens and Watts-Brown are all pitching well to start the season. It will be interesting to see how aggressive we get with them. Could all 3 be in AA by the end of this season?
  22. I had not heard that - thanks for sharing. Really too bad for a kid who burst onto the scene in 2023. I can't imagine how difficult that would be - playing ball all your life, chasing the dream and then getting a taste of it, with huge success, only for it to all come crashing down. At least he has a ring I guess?
  23. I think this is it. He's a 26 year old player with a high floor and the Jays get him for what should be all of his prime seasons. The team needed to add talent and players aren't lining up to play here. It's a calculated risk that you get the best years from Gimenez. It is an expensive risk - there's no doubt and it's easy to say it's wasted money that ought to have been spent elsewhere - but who else wants our money? Not many 26 year old players entering their prime - that's for sure. We could have given money to some aging vets, but we know they can fall off a cliff at any point. I have no idea if Gimenez will work out for the Jays. If he's a 100 wRC+ hitter who plays GG defense and brings some MUCH needed speed to the lineup - then I think it's a great move. If he's a 90 wRC+ hitter, than this probably isn't as rosey. Regardless, I understand and support the gamble.
  24. I thought so. This either goes to show you how quickly hitting coaches can go from being one of the best in the sport to pure sh*t - unworthy of a job (much like Martinez). Or it shows you how little impact they have.
×
×
  • Create New...