Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Who would have thought with the Dodgers starting pitching depth, that they'd lead the league in bullpen innings pitched? Crazy
  2. Coach RAC (@racreacts) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 2,372 likes, 22 comments - racreacts on May 19, 2025: "Dear baseball parents, This is what a 1.7 pop time looks like... Kid's got an arm!
  3. This seems totally possible to me. He may be just "saving" his arm and trying to give it more time to rehab it back to 100%. No sense "letting it loose" if the opportunity doesn't present itself. It said the Jays were working him back to 180 foot throws, but it never said he has to be able to throw 100% and hit his peak OF velo to return. It's a possibility they let him comeback earlier, knowing he wouldn't have this peak velo (yet), but that he also no longer has to worry about re-injuring it (more than normal).
  4. Yeah it's crazy. I don't recall another player who's numbers told a completely different story than the eye test. Even though the #'s don't show it, it certain "feels" like Vlad never delivers in the clutch.
  5. I saw this happen last year. I could be 100% wrong, but I think it was Jansen last year too...
  6. It is great to see him hitting for power again...
  7. 100% it is. Power bats are worth more right? I don't think anyone excepted another 44 HRs from him. We aren't paying him for 44 HRs a year...
  8. Red Sox reveal Green Monster-themed City Connect uniforms https://thescore.com/mlb/news/3286867 Those look pretty cool IMO.
  9. I tend to agree. Targeting Santander always made me uncomfortable, but I certainly didn't complain once I saw the terms of the contract. I also like how much he's regarded as a leader. Maybe drop him to 6th for a bit and take the pressure off?
  10. Agreed. And at the end of the day $13M a season isn't crippling. It's also not like last year was some major breakout. It was his best year, but it was only a 5-10% bump on the previous 2 years. Not overly surprising for a 29 year old to have his "best" year. That's how hitting your prime works. The breakout season Profar had last year was much more "questionable" IMO and it turned out there was a reason for it. Everyone wanted more power on this team. Santander at the contract he got was a very reasonable way to add power. It's also not uncommon for players to struggle in their first year in a new org. I think we all hope he turns it around soon.
  11. Jacob Wilson is so amazingly unique. Looks like he's on his way to becoming the next young superstar. Future 3000 hit member?
  12. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/45166166/ex-mlb-star-rafael-furcal-faces-felony-charges-south-florida Former major league shortstop Rafael Furcal is facing felony charges in South Florida, authorities said. The former All-Star turned himself in at the Broward County jail Wednesday and was released on bail a short time later, according to court records. He's charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and throwing a missile into a public or private dwelling or vehicle. Furcal threw missiles across the diamond throughout his career. He's certified to throw missiles....maybe just not actual ones? I know it's Florida, but where does one get a missile? Very bizarre.
  13. Rose admitted to betting on baseball and admitting to dating a 16 year old when he was in his mid 30's, married with 2 kids. While f*cking a 16 year old wasn't illegal at the time in Ohio - the point remains that he's a massive loser.
  14. Condolences my friend. The birds will show up today for your pops - I just know they will.
  15. Verlander frustrated after MLB shrunk strike zone: 'Lack of communication' https://thescore.com/mlb/news/3286336 I hadn't heard of this. On one hand, it's an effort to help umpires call the strike zone more accurately, which I think we all want. On the other hand, Verlander is correct that a smaller zone promotes the "set up down the middle and throw 100" mindset. Hitting is already incredibly hard these days because everyone throws so hard.
  16. I think it would be hilarious and fitting if after being removed from the ineligible list, Rose still wasn't voted into the HOF. Actually - if that were to happen, I wish he was alive to see it.
  17. Dodgers call up Dalton Rushing
  18. Interesting - I'd only ever heard their claims he only bet on his team to win with some nonsensical suggesting that should be OK. What you're saying wouldn't surprise me at all. He always came off as a lying scumbag.
  19. Sorry - I skim read your post and took an unnecessary turn because this point (not the point you were correctly making) drives me nuts. My point was I've heard people argue he shouldn't have been banned because he only bet on his own team to win. That is 100% short sighted and dumb.
  20. So you're saying he'll never soar. Got it 😉
  21. It's always been completely irrelevant whether Rose bet on his own team to win...The only way I see that argument working is if he bet on his team to win every single game, which he didn't. I'm glad the HOF kept him out until he died.
  22. I don't get the point of letting Rose and Jackson in now. I'd have stuck to my guns and kept them out personally.
  23. The mustache says Hulk Hogan, but otherwise, he looks like he's in the Land of the Dead from the movie Coco...
×
×
  • Create New...