I'd almost just have Storen close. As has been mentioned, if he were to get 40 saves next year we might be able to sneak a QO in. Also, like Hurl said it weirdly would keep Osuna's arb numbers down.
Seems like a yearly ritual for me where every single year Mike Mussina isn't voted in I go to his fangraphs page and check out his numbers and am wowed and amazed like it's the first time I've seen his numbers. What a career.
The bullpen will be fine. Doesn't look great right now but it also isn't exactly terrible either. We've got a couple months until ST starts to tinker with it as well.
I don't really know how to gauge how well starters translate in to the bullpen.
Hernandez is a little bit better than replacement level as a starter. I also think with our elite infield defense and whatever effects the "slow turf" has makes him a good fit for our team since he has a good GB%. Could he be the long man for us? Probably not ideal but we could also probably do worse.
I'm not sure what to say about Penny. You'd think at this point he'd have tried relieving already if anyone thought he'd be any good at it.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25430538/mlb-to-offer-single-team-mlbtv-packages-in-2016
I don't know how beneficial this is to all you Canucks with the blackout policy but for someone living in the States this is pretty cool. I actually think 130 bucks for all games is a hell of a deal but I don't have any time to watch games other than Jays games. If it's significantly cheaper a single team package would be pretty neat.
Not a bad list at all but I think Stroman and Pillar are getting too much love and Bautista is too far down.
I also don't agree with your stance on age - men age like wine women age like milk. But I guess it would explain why you give a lot of love to Stroman and Pillar and hate on Bautista and Martin.
That Hernandez signing isn't half bad. He projects to be a half win player next year in just 21 starts. That's actually a nice little improvement over whoever else was supposed to be our 7th starter.
I'd like to see Hutch in there instead and perhaps Hernandez or Penny in the bullpen as the longman. If we grab another longman which I would prefer I wouldn't mind trying out Penny in a one inning relief role.
The current fanbase has such a short memory, perhaps bc they are bandwaggoners and just joined. But there were multiple offseasons and trade deadlines where we were begging AA to make some moves and would have been rejoicing had he acquired a couple of starting pitchers prior to the holidays.