Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Sanchez' peripherals have been garbage but he might be a FIP-beater. And since he's got a 4 WAR season in the can as a SP my guess is he remains a SP for the rest of his tenure as a Jay. (Unless blister issues flare up again)
  2. September does count toward service time.
  3. I'm sure his defense needs to develop, there is zero doubt. But it can happen at the big league level. And teams lie about service time all the time. Every time a top prospect is delayed they use the development excuse. No team will ever admit the truth about that. And when I say it's a service time thing for me, I'm talking about what I would do. I would probably keep him down to get the extra year.
  4. For the love of god please don't get swept by that garbage lineup of theirs.
  5. I don't necessarily buy the development aspect of it though it is an excuse to keep him down if we want, albeit a pretty transparent excuse. I'm sure his defense isn't that great right now but he can play some 3B and DH some. It's purely a service time thing for me.
  6. I'm sure it is, he's quite the player.
  7. Vlad is certainly good enough to get called up now. But he's projected to be a 108 wRC+ bat. How much does that actually improve the team? And then whatever improvement that is, is it worth losing a year in his prime? If he's the ~7 WAR player we all think he is, that extra year is worth a shitload, north of $50 million. There's a reason the Cubs dicked around with Bryant, the Braves with Acuna, etc.
  8. Yeah man I've been on a bit of a bender myself and the flurry of moves has been hard to keep track of.
  9. Well between Solarte, Diaz, and Gurriel that's two starting infielders and a backup.
  10. They paid a premium for him too.
  11. Oh yeah good call I forgot he was up. Too many moves to keep track.
  12. So Petricka is being sent down. Back to a 7 man bullpen. I wonder who is gone when Smoak is back tomorrow.
  13. Sorry for no link I'm on mobile. We'll just option people if everyone gets healthy again.
  14. JimC, a noted soy milk drinker, is in the camp that hates Bautista, along with Sam Dyson and a bunch of loser Ranger fans. Anyone who hates Bautista should take a good look around and ask themselves if this is the kind of company they want to keep.
  15. You should be thankful that he gave Canada it's greatest sports moment of the past 25 years not whining about how he's too cocky. People who whine about Bautista remind me of losers like Sam Dyson.
  16. He's just teasing him. We talk like this to each other in the Politics thread.
  17. Bunch of uptight Canadians worried that their players are rude and don't have the proper manners. Also worried what American fans will think of a guy like him on Canada's team.
  18. So the thought is might as well call up Pompey in case he lasts the rest of the year? That way he doesn't burn an option?
  19. What was the point of Dwight Smith Jr.?
  20. Yeah you've always oddly disliked him. Most of this board did really. I never got it.
  21. I wonder what the other moves are going to be. Travis should be up here too IMO.
  22. He wrote an article thanking the city and country for its support over the years. Published today. I miss the guy and hope he does well. https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/jose-bautista-braves-blue-jays-thank-you-toronto
×
×
  • Create New...