Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I don't understand why Bieber would sign an extension now when he's so close to FA. I suppose some guys like to sign early in hopes that they can beat the market by signing before the dust settles. Perhaps you'll see some of that this year with the pending labor negotiations. And I suppose if the team is pushing for it, he might as well listen. But I'd be surprised if he signs unless the Jays knock his socks off. But even then, it probably wouldn't hurt to talk to other teams.
  2. You guys are missing the point. Yes, almost every year ends in defeat. But having a bad April in 2013 isn't even close to blowing a World Series victory in Game 7. It's not even in the same stratosphere. And this isn't your average Game 7 World Series loss, it's much worse given how it happened. This is the kind of pain almost no sports fans have ever experienced before.
  3. You don't have to be embarrassed here my friend. Most of us feel the same. I'm firmly in the Anger stage of grief and I have no idea how I'm going to get out of it. Each day is actually getting worse.
  4. This board does a good job of avoiding it but I swear to god if I see one more hockey analogy on Reddit, Twitter, etc. I will blow my brains out. ”I know the feeling of a heartbreaking loss man. The Flames blew a 3-1 series lead back in ‘02 and I never recovered” Please just STFU you’re not helping
  5. This makes me feel a little bit better actually. If any Orioles fanboys dare show their faces next season I can nuke them by pointing to a 10-0 playoff wins tally.
  6. Whatever you do, do NOT visit the Jays subreddit as it will make you want to commit an act of violence. They are currently holding a kumbaya moment with Dodgers fans over what a great World Series it was.
  7. Top 25 free agents and their contract projections according to Baseball America: Kyle Tucker - 11 years / $360 million Bo Bichette - 8 / 240 Framber Valdez - 7 / 220 Alex Bregman - 6 / 180 Pete Alonso - 7 / 175 Dylan Cease - 5 / 160 Shane Bieber - 5 / 150 Cody Bellinger - 6 / 175 Gleyber Torres - 7 / 160 Kyle Schwarber - 3 / 110 Edwin Diaz - 6 / 125 Munetaka Murakami - 7 / 140 Trent Grisham - 5 / 130 Trevor Story - 4 / 110 Michael King - 4 / 110 Eugenio Suarez - 3 / 75 Kazuma Okamoto - 5 / 85 Josh Naylor - 6 / 120 Ranger Suarez - 3 / 75 Devin Williams - 4 / 75 Brandon Woodruff - 1 / 27.5 Zac Gallen - 2 / 45 Jack Flaherty - 3 / 72 Ryan Helsley - 4 / 70 Lucas Giolito - 3 / 65 Those projections seem really high.
  8. Yeah I don't think these guys know what they are talking about tbh. We walked Ohtani a million times in Game 3 and basically shut him down the other games. Everyone loves treating him like he's Babe Ruth but he's a 180 wRC+ bat right now. He's human and you can get him out and outside of Game 3 the Jays did so. Everyone loves s***ing on the manager. The Barger pinch run was probably the most egregious thing he did. Everything else was fine.
  9. Thank you Brownie. I had plans to hang myself tonight as I can't stomach this loss any longer but maybe I'll rethink things.
  10. Would Magic Johnson please shut the hell up. After reading some of his World Series tweets it's clear he knows nothing about the game of baseball and it would mean little to him one way or the other if the Dodgers actually won or not. I would say something about him but I don't want to embarrass Brock in front of all the new posters we are getting so I will leave it at that.
  11. I’m as optimistic as anyone here, but this loss is absolutely soul-crushing. You always dream about a run like this, and we finally got it, but somehow it still didn’t end in a World Series win. There were probably 20 different plays across the 3 close losses where, if even one of them goes our way (and several should have), we’re the ones celebrating. Just an awful mix of bad luck and self-inflicted mistakes. I agree the franchise is in a much better place now, and with the new playoff format, we won’t be waiting two-plus decades for another postseason appearance. That definitely helps. But there’s no guarantee we get back here. The AL is a gauntlet, and it’s not like we’re some inevitable superteam built for repeat runs. And even if we do make it back and finally win it all, wouldn’t it have been even better to have two World Series titles instead of just one? Honestly, this is one of the worst moments of my life. It feels like someone close to me died. I tried posting in the Offseason Thread, but it just made me feel worse. The only way I can cope right now is to shelve it as “just sports,” ultimately it's something that doesn’t matter. And frankly that’s the saddest part, because baseball is such a big part of my life. This friggin' sucks.
  12. That is a way better angle for sure. The other angles make it look like he's a foot off the bag lol. Even so, his lead still sucked and his jump was bad and his slide was awful.
  13. I might get tarred and feathered for this, but I wonder if Scherzer would be interested in a Kershaw-like contract. Fit probably matters as much as anything to Scherzer right now so maybe we could get him back on a cheap one year deal where the expectation is that he makes his debut midway through the season. We could go with a 6-man rotation when he's ready or if there is an injury plug him in as the #5. It's hard to build pitching depth and something like this could be a way to do it.
  14. Yeah I think this is where the deals are to be had and it's where we can most effectively improve the team to try and win the division again. Yanks and Dodgers have full rotations and probably won't be as big of factors as they normally are too. I'd like to get Bieber back. He's a control/spin merchant and while he was able to avoid walks I think he left too many cookies over the plate and that hopefully corrects itself in Year 2 of post-TJS. If you sign him and add another one, you've really got a good shot to win the division again. YeSavage Gausman Bieber FA/Trade but swing bigger than Bassitt Berrios/Lauer
  15. Yeah this all so true So close and to have so many improbable things happen in the final innings 32 years since the last one and there’s no telling if we’ll ever be back you kind of just have to realize it’s sports and distance yourself from it all because this is about as dark as it gets as a fan it's devastating
  16. Moving Freeman back to the 3 spot is a smart move for the Dodgers. Keeping him and Ohtani close together makes it tough to pitch around Ohtani with a righty reliever. That said, the 4–9 portion of their lineup looks rough. If we can contain the top three, Gaus and the bullpen should be able to keep their offense in check.
  17. Yamamoto didn't really get to us, he just got lucky I expect Round 2 will be different
  18. Even if he's just mid they are going to push him through the lineup 3x. If he's doing pretty well he's going 4x through. Jays will get to him eventually.
×
×
  • Create New...