Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. When it comes to Yariel's contract status after the DFA
  2. Jim, take a breath buddy. You’re starting from the wrong baselines (their projections differ by only 5 percent). You don't understand regression and how to apply it (no idea where you get the 90-110 numbers from, read the article Laika posted). You are ignoring all extrinsic factors (like Davis' numbers being inflated against RHP because the team is very careful in how they deploy him). And you’re just making things up (“it’s a skill thing”). To correct each of your false points I’d have to write a full Fangraphs article, but if you just reflect on the bullet points above you’ll get the gist.
  3. F@ck me I just checked mine out and I visited Dillon Tate's player page 16 times this year 🤦‍♂️
  4. https://www.mlb.com/news/bo-bichette-defensive-position-in-future Good article on Bo and his value depending on what he provides at SS vs. 2B.
  5. I agree with the sentiment as Ernie is a damn good player but this team is friggin' stacked. As a result, really good players who would start for the majority of teams might find themselves in reduced roles here.
  6. Yeah with Barger and Gimenez both being lefties there would be plenty of opportunities to play Clement, even if everyone is healthy. And Barger can mix in the OF to spell Taters, who frankly should be the odd man out anyway, not Clement.
  7. The book was still out on whether Barger could hit in the bigs, so it made sense to move him around the infield and outfield to boost his versatility and his chances of sticking as a bench or platoon guy. He took a big step forward last year with the stick, so keeping him at one spot might make sense now. But the roster is so stacked that there’s still a good argument for having him play both.
  8. That's pretty wild. They must plan on starting him. ChiSox might know a few things about pitching. Maybe he can stick.
  9. I think a lot of the criticism of Barger’s defense comes from his rookie year when he looked overwhelmed. But he settled in during Year 2 and his defense was totally fine at both spots. His overall Run Value was 0 (-4 range, +4 arm). So I don't think it's fair to say that our corner outfield defense would be bad if it's Taters/Barger out there. It's more accurate to say that our LF defense would be bad (but Taters is better in the field than you think!).
  10. I could see the Jays hanging on to all of our starters, Berrios included. He ain’t worth s*** in a trade right now anyway so you can’t move his contract but on the other hand he’s a fine #5 starter and you can never have enough pitching. Might as well keep him. Also, that playoff run was a gauntlet for guys like Gausman who ended up throwing over 220 innings when it was all said and done. Just keep them all and limit everyone’s innings by using phantom IL stints like the Dodgers. Let’s make sure everyone is ready to go for the playoffs so the World Series will be easy to make.
  11. Me exactly one week ago = who the hell is Cody Ponce? Pass. Me today = Cody Ponce is getting down ballot Cy Young votes this year
  12. Ross added 3 starting pitchers before Cashman got out of his sleeping bag this offseason lmao
  13. I could see Scherzer coming back on the Kershaw plan. Sign for a discount at 1 year, 8 mil. He and his wife love it here and he doesn’t need the money. He can take the first couple of months off and then we can figure it out from there. We are contenders so he’ll get another crack at a ring. Bassitt is probably a little tougher to add as he’s looking at bigger contracts and a more guaranteed rotation spot. Would probably need to trade Berrios but that feels like we are spinning our tires a bit.
  14. I’d go Rogers first. A setup man who can make 80 appearances would be awesome and he shouldn't break the bank. Ponce is interesting but probably gets a rotation job elsewhere. Fairbanks is worth a look but we'd need some bells and whistles in his contract if those are the terms. Throw SerAnthony and Soto into this bucket too. Diaz at that price is tempting, but not if it keeps us from bringing back Bo or chasing Tucker.
  15. Tyler Rogers would be a wise add
  16. Yeah that's a lot of money for a reliever. If they whiff on the top FAs I could see them falling back to Diaz but that would be crazy to spend 40 mil AAV on two relievers.
  17. That's too much for me (If he signed with the Jays I would have said that he was a steal)
  18. Fairbanks seems like a fine option to me but he's always dealing with some sort of small injury which limits his innings. Last year was the first time he cracked 60, before that he topped out at 45. I'd definitely take a flier on him but he would need to sign for relatively cheap, and I suspect that he will. A 1 year deal with a team option/buyout seems possible.
  19. Welp I finally got invited to the family Thanksgiving dinner again down here in Florida and once again I got thrown out for having a few drinks and calling out a few relatives for their bull5hit. Some people just don’t like hearing the truth do they? So with that said I’d like to say that I’m thankful that Ed Rogers does not give two shits about his shareholders and is done even pretending to care about them in the slightest. Keep handing out massive contracts with reckless abandon, Ed. At this point I want him signing guys like a divorced dad panic-buying Christmas presents at 10 pm on December 24. Keep swiping that corporate credit card, big man. I dare the board to make a change right now. The entire country would tar and feather them if they can Ed and try and cut payroll and they know it. So give every free agent a seven-year deal. Offer Tucker equity in Rogers. Let Bo control programming for Sportsnet. I dare the board to try and stop him. Because while I’m getting escorted out of Aunt Linda’s house again, the ONE thing that keeps me warm at night is the thought that Ed Rogers is out there treating the payroll like it’s Monopoly money and he’s already mortgaged Boardwalk twice. God bless Ed Rogers. Now someone please update me if the Jays make any more moves as I finish this boxed wine out behind the shed. My flight back to Winnipeg isn’t until Sunday and my international phone plan sucks.
  20. Berrios not being around for the World Series was kind of weird. Not sure if he was throwing a fit or what but if he dares to threaten the Power of Friendship dynamic he’ll be traded.
  21. They get their ace and we bolster LF with a short side platoon player. It’s a win-win.
  22. Pete Walker is absolutely shitfaced in his garage watching video and throwing 65 mph splitters trying to figure out how to get that pitch in Cease’s arsenal
  23. I absolutely detest that site but when they say good things about our players I believe every word
  24. Locking him in now could lead to savings down the line. This team already has the power of friendship behind it and the WAGs are gushing over the org/city. Something to be said about joining a team on the cusp and not a team that’s already won it to. The latter feels cheap, you saw how vapid Snell/Glasnow looked during their whole can’t beat em join em celebration. The city of LA barely cared. But striking early could lead to: -Bo really wants to be a part of this and could push to get a deal done. -Scherzer was sounding like he might be coming back, perhaps he’ll go the Kershaw route where he leaves money on the table and plans on a midseason debut, thus adding SP depth out of thin air. -If it comes down to us and another team like San Fran for Tucker, we would obviously be more enticing now that we’ve got an ace in the fold. No way he’d choose that shithole town over TO now.
×
×
  • Create New...